15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
    Why would I buy a PS5 to play games that I can already play on my PS4? Spider-man Miles Morales being on PS4 and not PS5 is actually making me delay my PS5 purchase, just going to upgrade my video card instead.
    Im not sure how to convince someone to buy a piece of hardware to play graphically better versions (and exclusives) of games when they already seem adamant about buying a piece of hardware to play graphically better versions of games
    Last edited by Video Games; 2020-10-27 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Exactly, that was pretty much the point Tech was trying to make in reply to the person saying Demon's Souls doesn't have a PS4 version just because Sony just wants to sell more PS5s. Even Horizon: Forbidden West, which is next year and would absolutely have been a system seller, is also going to be available on PS4.
    Then he is arguing the same thing as I am?

How is that owning me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow...they really are edging us at this point.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Then he is arguing the same thing as I am?

How is that owning me?
    You implied the only reason DS remake's not on PS4 is because Sony wants it PS5-exclusive to sell more PS5s, but the existence of PS4 versions of Miles Morales and Horizon: Forbidden West kill this implication. If they really wanted to sell more PS5s with exclusives, they would have simply told Insomniac and Guerrilla Games to not make PS4 versions. Especially Horizon.

10+ Year Old Account
    You implied the only reason DS remake's not on PS4 is because Sony wants it PS5-exclusive to sell more PS5s, but the existence of PS4 versions of Miles Morales and Horizon: Forbidden West kill this implication. If they really wanted to sell more PS5s with exclusives, they would have simply told Insomniac and Guerrilla Games to not make PS4 versions. Especially Horizon.
    Maybe they only had the money to provide one exclusive deal and they picked Demon's Souls?

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Maybe they only had the money to provide one exclusive deal and they picked Demon's Souls?
    The hell are you talking about lol. Sony fully owns Insomniac and Guerilla they don't have to pay them for exclusive deals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The hell are you talking about lol. Sony fully owns Insomniac and Guerilla they don't have to pay them for exclusive deals.
    But they would lose out on money from the exclusive deals. Keep in mind they sell consoles at a loss, it's the games that make money. If everything was exclusive to PS5, they would only sell as many games as PS5 units were sold. The company has to keep making profit during the console transition.

But they would lose out on money from the exclusive deals. Keep in mind they sell consoles at a loss, it's the games that make money. If everything was exclusive to PS5, they would only sell as many games as PS5 units were sold. The company has to keep making profit during the console transition.
    Plus, all the other games and subscriptions people who purchase those PS5's buy. They lose out on money from say, not releasing Demon's Souls on PS4 to expand the audience, but that's a short-term play. They stand for greater future benefits by moving more hardware and getting more folks continuing to spend in their ecosystem as current-gen support fades.

There is no "exclusive deal".

FFXVI is an exclusive deal but using that for any first party release would be false.

Demon's Souls remake has also been confirmed for PC if no one knows, but it will be later like they did with Death Stranding.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Demon's Souls remake has also been confirmed for PC if no one knows, but it will be later like they did with Death Stranding.
    They already said that was an error.

Wrong, some intern copy pasted the FFXVI wording to Demon's Souls trailer. They already confirmed it was a mistake.

Wrong, some intern copy pasted the FFXVI wording to Demon's Souls trailer. They already confirmed it was a mistake.
    I doubt that is the case, of course they are going to cover their asses the Japanese don't make mistakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt that is the case, of course they are going to cover their asses the Japanese don't make mistakes.
    Pearl Harbor says hi.

It's as if every new console launch, people forget how bad the launch line-up of previous consoles was.
    Think the last console that had a killer app literally on launch day was the 360 with Halo 3.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Think the last console that had a killer app literally on launch day was the 360 with Halo 3.
    Halo 3 was actually almost 2 years after the 360's release. Honestly the only real big launch-day-exclusive I can think of after Mario 64, is the first Halo game, for the original Xbox.

Even Breath of the Wild was a Wii U game, and Twilight Princess a Gamecube game

Pearl Harbor says hi.
    That wasn't a mistake, and the US knew about it days before the attack and used it to get into the war lol.

Japanese?

You realize SIE is HQed in CA right?

And yes it was a mistake, you think Sony has to pay for a timed exclusive deal on a game and IP they fully own already? LOL

Japanese?

You realize SIE is HQed in CA right?

And yes it was a mistake, you think Sony has to pay for a timed exclusive deal on a game and IP they fully own already? LOL
    They will make a lot more money once they release it on PC 6-12 months later which I guarantee is happening. Just put it down somewhere and you shall see. Sony is finally realizing how much money they lose by not releasing certain IP on PC.

They will make a lot more money once they release it on PC 6-12 months later which I guarantee is happening. Just put it down somewhere and you shall see. Sony is finally realizing how much money they lose by not releasing certain IP on PC.
    What was the last SIE first party exclusive game published on PC 6-12 months later?

Waiting...

It honestly could come to PC one day, but the fact you think it will be anytime soon is hilarious when they literally have a massive backlog of PS4 games they could port much like Horizon 1.