15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FullOnLegacy View Post
    Games that not everyone likes or are good enough to make them want to purchase a PS5 just yet. One is a remake, one is Spider-Man 1.5, and the other is the only new one but in a franchise that doesn’t suit everyone.

Also, it’s looking like new PS5 games will cost more by default. Whereas the competition will have all of their first party games come to Game Pass on day 1 for $15.

So I guess if you actually like the particular brand of game Sony is pushing and are willing to pay a lot more for them, then sure, you can say what you’re saying. But that’s not going to be the case for a lot of other people.
    It will have plenty 1st party into 2022 and plenty of 3rd party support to infinity. And yeah id rather play sackboy, which im getting, over, uh, gears tactics?

Also ps5 is out pacing ps4 in sales so id say it is the case a lot of other people
    Last edited by Video Games; 2020-11-08 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    It will have plenty 1st party into 2022 and plenty of 3rd party support to infinity. And yeah id rather play sackboy, which im getting, over, uh, gears tactics?
    That’s fine. Everyone has their own preference on what kinds of games they like.

That’s the reason why I waited until the last two years to finally buy a PS4.....they didn’t have hardly any exclusives I liked until God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn came out. And I waited for good deals to get all of that at a cheap price because the PS4 and its games were definitely not worth the original price of admission for me.

Sony themselves are on record basically saying “if you want new shit, buy a PS5.”
    Um no they didn't and the fact that PS4 is getting 3 more first party titles shows that.

To add it has been known for well over a year that both Microsoft and Sony was gearing up to release new systems and the PS4 has been out 7 years. It is time for a upgrade that is very much needed.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Um no they didn't and the fact that PS4 is getting 3 more first party titles shows that.

To add it has been known for well over a year that both Microsoft and Sony was gearing up to release new systems and the PS4 has been out 7 years. It is time for a upgrade that is very much needed.
    I apparently can’t post links yet, but there is an article on The Verge where Sony was interviewed and they basically said “time to convert to the PS5 full stop.”

That was Sony saying they wanted to move on to a PS5 only world sooner rather than later. And it was a direct response to MS saying they wanted their first party games to be cross Gen for quite awhile after the launch of the XSX.

Granted they could have walked back on that some since that article was published (likely due to outcry from their user base), but the fact still stands that they did say it and it was part of their originally stated strategy.

And yes, we are past due for console upgrades on both sides. No one will argue that. What I was saying is that the PS5 still seems like it’s coming out half baked with it missing features and missing hardware support at launch. You literally won’t be able to expand your storage until a later unknown date and Sony is also not allowing any PS5 specific games to be transferred to any kind of external storage, period. I still think they are releasing it sooner than they wanted to, simply because they knew MS was ready to launch the XSX.

And yes, we are past due for console upgrades on both sides. No one will argue that. What I was saying is that the PS5 still seems like it’s coming out half baked with it missing features and missing hardware support at launch. You literally won’t be able to expand your storage until a later unknown date and Sony is also not allowing any PS5 specific games to be transferred to any kind of external storage, period. I still think they are releasing it sooner than they wanted to, simply because they knew MS was ready to launch the XSX.
    To you its half baked, for me personally it isn't and that will very from person to person. I never used External Storage as I'm not a fan of it and what storage that is on it is fine for me, I can wait for the update to add more. Not all games are 50GB+ believe it or not.

As for lacking features, The quick resume is cool but that's also something I don't care about. Even more so since I use physical media and that's more of a digital media thing. The features it does have I think is cool, Like the tips videos and being able to pin a video (hopefully apps) on the side to watch. That was actually a feature I wish MS didn't get rid of on the XB1.

Its no surprise that Sony (and MS) want to move on to their next gen systems. Sony is the best when it actually comes to legacy support of their old hardware. The PS2 didn't stop getting produced until 2013, The PS3 didn't stop until 2015 and it will be a long time before the PS4 stops as well.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    To you its half baked, for me personally it isn't and that will very from person to person. I never used External Storage as I'm not a fan of it and what storage that is on it is fine for me, I can wait for the update to add more. Not all games are 50GB+ believe it or not.

As for lacking features, The quick resume is cool but that's also something I don't care about. Even more so since I use physical media and that's more of a digital media thing. The features it does have I think is cool, Like the tips videos and being able to pin a video (hopefully apps) on the side to watch. That was actually a feature I wish MS didn't get rid of on the XB1.

Its no surprise that Sony (and MS) want to move on to their next gen systems. Sony is the best when it actually comes to legacy support of their old hardware. The PS2 didn't stop getting produced until 2013, The PS3 didn't stop until 2015 and it will be a long time before the PS4 stops as well.
    I mean stating an opinion that you think it isn’t half baked is fine and all, but the thing is literally missing features and hardware support at launch that Sony stated it would have. If that’s not half baked to you, then I’m not sure what you think that means.

Bare minimum, it means they’re releasing the console sooner than they originally planned.

I mean stating an opinion that you think it isn’t half baked is fine and all, but the thing is literally missing features and hardware support at launch that Sony stated it would have. If that’s not half baked to you, then I’m not sure what you think that means.

Bare minimum, it means they’re releasing the console sooner than they originally planned.
    The system is doing everything I want it to do (Besides BC with PS1-PS3). To for me it isn't half baked, The features only matter to those who want them.

Sorry, but after this gen, Xbox needs to show and not tell, also with software from last gen, apparently there are still plenty of Xbox fans, so why do you think Sony fans will be so easily swayed by such minor over embellishments? Enough FUD around console war already, why further a meaningless thing?

One new thing, it looks like PS5 games can’t be sent to archive, at least on launch, so to clear PS5 games, they must be deleted and redownloaded? Can anyone confirm?

- - - Updated - - -

That’s fine. Everyone has their own preference on what kinds of games they like.

That’s the reason why I waited until the last two years to finally buy a PS4.....they didn’t have hardly any exclusives I liked until God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn came out. And I waited for good deals to get all of that at a cheap price because the PS4 and its games were definitely not worth the original price of admission for me.
    So what did you think of Bloodborne then?
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-11-09 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Sorry, but after this gen, Xbox needs to show and not tell, also with software from last gen, apparently there are still plenty of Xbox fans, so why do you think Sony fans will be so easily swayed by such minor over embellishments? Enough FUD around console war already, why further a meaningless thing?

One new thing, it looks like PS5 games can’t be sent to archive, at least on launch, so to clear PS5 games, they must be deleted and redownloaded? Can anyone confirm?

- - - Updated - - -

So what did you think of Bloodborne then?
    Yes, you must delete PS5 games and redownload them for the time being. For some stupid reason, Sony is not allowing people to transfer them to an external SSD for storage like the XSX allows you to.

And I wasn’t a huge fan of Bloodborne. I mean, it was fine but I’ve never been a huge fan of the Souls and Souls-like games in the first place. And I had already played Demons Souls and Dark Souls 1, 2, and 3 by the time I tried Bloodborne so I was kind of burnt out on the formula by then.

From Software games have all become too similar for me....sure there are differences between the series, but overall it’s the same shit with a different coat of paint. I can only play them so much before getting burnt out on all of it. Sekiro has probably been the biggest deviation from the formula so far and the biggest breath of fresh air from them in awhile, but even then it was ultimately too similar for me personally to be like “OMG great game!”

I’m hoping their Elden Ring game (or whatever it’s called) ends up being good and a newer take on the old formula, otherwise I don’t see myself even bothering with it.
    Last edited by FullOnLegacy; 2020-11-09 at 04:46 AM.

Good rundown video here, has me hyped actually.

https://n4g.com/news/2384625/playsta...igital-foundry

10+ Year Old Account
    I want a PS5 but I'm waiting until there's a release date for HFW. Its the only 'OMG MUST HAVE PLZ' game I've seen so far (for me).
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Thanks for the summary, @FullOnLegacy.

I am very skeptical of the PS5. So far, the console itself doesn't seem appealing to me at all when compared to the new Xbox. As for the exclusives, the only thing the PS5 has going for it is... FFXVI, which is a timed exclusive and will be coming to PC later (and possibly the new xbox). JRPGs are pretty much getting PC ports anyway, so the only real reason to get a PS5 is for the Sony movie games like Spiderman, which are a snooze to me. So pretty much no real reason to get a PS5.

I have heard that various Japanese developers are going to Microsoft. If there are a substantial number of JRPGs exclusive to the new Xbox (which I doubt because they will probably get PC ports too), then I might be tempted to the get the new xbox.
    Don't bank on jRPGs coming exclusively to the xbox, or you're in for a disappointment.

Microsoft has tried for two decades to get into the Japanese market, and it hasn't happened yet to any serious extent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone in Europe who actually managed to get a preorder in?

15+ Year Old Account
    My ps5 is in oakland right now

Got my Gamestop email this morning saying they were readying my order(US) and also, they put a hold on the rest of the funds via my paypal account, sans Destruction: All Stars. So that's good news. Being an early adopter does come with some risks, but honestly, I don't care. I'll gladly take them, playing Demon's Souls remake in a few days, and I'll be in for another PS5 is this one breaks out of warranty honestly. I'm ready to get out of the PS4 era and the slow hard drive forever.

Also, WTF is taking so long to get Persona 5 Scramble localized?

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/11...-ultimate-faq/

Can I store or play PS5 games from a USB drive?

No, players cannot transfer PS5 games to a USB drive. PS5 games must be stored on the console’s internal ultra-high speed SSD for gameplay. Explorations for allowing players to store (but not play) PS5 games on a USB drive in a future update are underway.”

Yay!
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-11-09 at 04:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, WTF is taking so long to get Persona 5 Scramble localized?
    Just Atlus being Atlus.

They've yet to figure out how to do that whole "simultaneous launch in English" thing many other Japanese devs have caught up on, I'm pretty sure the only reason it's happening for SMTV is that Nintendo is pressuring them into it, given how they're also handling the Nocturne remaster at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was just watching a video comparing the Xbox Series X and the PS5 and I was just thinking how unnecessarily huge the PS5 is. Like, it looks cool and everything but looking at how the white plate protrudes out at the corners, I just can't help but think of how much space it's taking up. If you were to get rid of the wings at the corner of the console it would be at a much better size. The way they are now takes up so much space and for no reason other than to look cool. It's really annoying. Don't know why they couldn't keep a smaller compact design in mind when making this console. It's like they went for looks rather than practicality.

The Xbox SX just looks like a shoe box but at least it's small and easier to set up at home.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    I was just watching a video comparing the Xbox Series X and the PS5 and I was just thinking how unnecessarily huge the PS5 is. Like, it looks cool and everything but looking at how the white plate protrudes out at the corners, I just can't help but think of how much space it's taking up. If you were to get rid of the wings at the corner of the console it would be at a much better size. The way they are now takes up so much space and for no reason other than to look cool. It's really annoying. Don't know why they couldn't keep a smaller compact design in mind when making this console. It's like they went for looks rather than practicality.

The Xbox SX just looks like a shoe box but at least it's small and easier to set up at home.
    I don't like to compare the two, but the PS5 certainly has the less utilitarian design.

If I was to guess why it was designed like that, I would GUESS:

1. Sony wants to sell custom face plates?
    2. PCB layout density low for cost/heat savings?
    3. Higher clock speed less CU count vs the competition requires more efficient heat dissipation(larger heatsink = larger case)?
    4. Design decisions?

Either way, I think of it similarly to a mid-tower PC case.

Now, I don't go around the Internet looking for contradictions in gaming, but I would say this. For years, PC gamers have claimed superior performance over their console counterparts. Often for good reason. Heck, I'm a PC gamer myself. However, one of the common talking points is the ability of nearly any PC to be played like a console, from a couch, connected to a television, thus beating the consoles at their own game.

If those PC gamers think the relatively small PS5 is a little big, they really wouldn't want to see my gigantic PC case, lol. Me, I'm more like Jurassic Park. If it's heavy, that means it's expensive, lol.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-11-10 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I don't like to compare the two, but the PS5 certainly has the less utilitarian design.

If I was to guess why it was designed like that, I would GUESS:

1. Sony wants to sell custom face plates?
    2. PCB layout density low for cost/heat savings?
    3. Higher clock speed less CU count vs the competition requires more efficient heat dissipation(larger heatsink = larger case)?
    4. Design decisions?

Either way, I think of it similarly to a mid-tower PC case.

Now, I don't go around the Internet looking for contradictions in gaming, but I would say this. For years, PC gamers have claimed superior performance over their console counterparts. Often for good reason. Heck, I'm a PC gamer myself. However, one of the common talking points is the ability of nearly any PC to be played like a console, from a couch, connected to a television, thus beating the consoles at their own game.

If those PC gamers think the relatively small PS5 is a little big, they really wouldn't want to see my gigantic PC case, lol. Me, I'm more like Jurassic Park. If it's heavy, that means it's expensive, lol.
    To be fair most of us park our towers under deks, behinds monitors or out of the way. Not fitting it on a entertainment center in the middle of the living room.

I believe someone was asking about KH3. Here ya go:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5/comment...s_iii_runs_so/