Page 63 of 84 FirstFirst ...
13
53
61
62
63
64
65
73
... LastLast
  1. #1241
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They will make a lot more money once they release it on PC 6-12 months later which I guarantee is happening. Just put it down somewhere and you shall see. Sony is finally realizing how much money they lose by not releasing certain IP on PC.
    Demon's Souls will come to PC the same day that Bloodborne does.

    Unless Horizon Zero Dawn sold well enough I don't see anymore first party Sony titles coming to PC for awhile.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|Nvidia Founders Edition RTX 3070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|16GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  2. #1242
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Demon's Souls will come to PC the same day that Bloodborne does.

    Unless Horizon Zero Dawn sold well enough I don't see anymore first party Sony titles coming to PC for awhile.
    Agree. I think they were about franchise building putting that game on PC. It happened soon before Horizon 2 announcement. I think they see this franchise as potentially their biggest one, going forward, and I think they have since the first one launched on PS4. I suspect they have dumped untold resources in a sequel.

    As you say, I wouldn't count on every Sony game coming to PC.

  3. #1243
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Im not sure how to convince someone to buy a piece of hardware to play graphically better versions (and exclusives) of games when they already seem adamant about buying a piece of hardware to play graphically better versions of games
    I don't play consoles because of graphics, I play them because of exclusives. And I'm not upgrading my video card solely due to play graphically better versions, but better framerate on newer games as my video card is getting dated.

  4. #1244
    Sony sets 100m sales target for new PlayStation 5 console
    Sony has laid out an ambitious target to sell more than 100m units of its new PlayStation 5 console as it bets that a gaming boom due to the Covid-19 pandemic will continue to fuel the $145bn industry.

    The Japanese entertainment group announced the sales goal on Wednesday as it raised its annual profit guidance by 13 per cent, cushioning a heavy blow to sales of its smartphone camera sensors as a result of US sanctions on Huawei, the Chinese telecoms equipment group.

    Hiroki Totoki, Sony’s chief financial officer, said the company aimed to sell more than 7.6m units of the console in the first year after its launch in mid-November. Its long-term objective is to surpass the 100m milestone achieved by the PS4 six years after it debuted in 2013.

    “We will be launching the PS5 in the best ever condition,” Mr Totoki said, highlighting a strong line-up of launch games despite some delays in development caused by the pandemic.

    Analysts say hitting the target will depend on the PS5’s success in the US, where it will face a head-to-head battle with Microsoft’s new Xbox, which will also be launched next month.

    Sony will offer two new PS5 consoles including a cheaper option, without a disc drive, at $399 — $100 more than the equivalent Xbox Series S. A PS5 with a disc drive will be priced at $499, matching the Xbox Series X. Both will go on sale on November 12 in Sony’s core markets including the US and Japan, and on November 19 in the rest of the world.

    The success of the PlayStation has become even more critical for Sony as it wrestles with a sharp decline in its image sensor business, which has been hit hard by the sanctions against Huawei, its second-biggest customer after Apple.

    For the year ending in March 2021, Sony said it expected an operating profit of ¥700bn ($6.7bn), compared with the ¥620bn it projected in August, after boosting its gaming profit outlook by 25 per cent. That was higher than analysts’ forecasts for a ¥662bn profit, according to S&P Global Market Intelligence.

    For the July to September quarter, Sony’s operating profit increased 14 per cent from a year earlier to a record ¥317.8bn.

    The more bullish outlook followed a rise in games sales and in subscriptions to its PlayStation Plus service, as people have spent more time at home due to travel and social restrictions caused by the pandemic.

    Still, Hideki Yasuda, an analyst at Ace Research Institute, warned that the pandemic-fuelled gaming boom may be slowing, citing a 15 per cent decline in quarter-on-quarter operating profit for Sony’s gaming division.

  5. #1245
    I am Murloc! hellhamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Thessaloniki, Greece
    Posts
    5,696
    Did they factor in the new generation of AMD and Nvidia? Cause 4k is becoming pretty affordable these months.

    Buying a PS5 (or XBOX) just for games is still the correct value move though.

  6. #1246
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Demon's Souls will come to PC the same day that Bloodborne does.

    Unless Horizon Zero Dawn sold well enough I don't see anymore first party Sony titles coming to PC for awhile.
    Well, for what it's worth there have been some articles that stated Sony was pretty happy with Horizon's sales on Steam, and that they are "exploring the possibility" of more ports.

    Examples:
    Horizon Zero Dawn’s PC launch sales ‘were nearly as large as The Witcher 3’s’
    Sony ponders potential PS to PC ports

    Maybe they'll attempt a limited exclusivity model, where the pc port releases 1+ years after the exclusive PS release, at least for new titles where they can plan ahead.

  7. #1247
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Well, for what it's worth there have been some articles that stated Sony was pretty happy with Horizon's sales on Steam, and that they are "exploring the possibility" of more ports.

    Examples:
    Horizon Zero Dawn’s PC launch sales ‘were nearly as large as The Witcher 3’s’
    Sony ponders potential PS to PC ports

    Maybe they'll attempt a limited exclusivity model, where the pc port releases 1+ years after the exclusive PS release, at least for new titles where they can plan ahead.
    I remember when MS experimented putting some xbox games on pc, [games for windows live] and it took a while but now more are on it including all first party titles. I doubt playstation is going to let MS have that piece of the market on thier own for long, year maby 2 of playstation exclusivity then ports to pc.

  8. #1248
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I remember when MS experimented putting some xbox games on pc, [games for windows live] and it took a while but now more are on it including all first party titles. I doubt playstation is going to let MS have that piece of the market on thier own for long, year maby 2 of playstation exclusivity then ports to pc.
    Microsoft has their own storefront, unlike Sony. GFWL, which is thankfully dead, and now the MS Store. That Microsoft releases games on Steam as well speaks to their inability to get any more traction for the Windows Store than they did for GFWL.

    You're right to a point IMO, it seems that with Microsoft jumping on PC and the platform makers getting a lot more into digital distribution now that consumers on console have adopted it in a bigger way, Sony doesn't want to leave that landscape free of competition for Microsoft. And I'm pretty stoked about it. Because like, I love Horizon and shit on PS4, but if I'd know there would be a PC port you can bet your ass I'd have waited and enjoyed the game in glorious 60fps.

    I'm just happy to see games releasing on more platforms and accessible to more gamers.

  9. #1249
    Elemental Lord Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Twilight Town
    Posts
    8,685
    Honestly at this point 3 of their 4 released home consoles have sold over 100 mil (PS1, PS2, and PS4) with the PS3 selling 80 mil so targeting 100 mil for the PS5 isn't unreasonable at all. It'd be unreasonable to expect it to not sell over 100 mil at this point.

    Also how is the PS5 lineup horrible? Miles Morales and Demon's Souls Remake look great, plus Ratchet and Clank will be coming in the first half of 2021 most likely. The PS5 has done a great job of filling the first year with titles I absolutely must play whereas with the PS4 there wasn't really a must-play game for me until Bloodborne which was like what a year and a half after launch? Sure, you can play some of the games on PS4 (not Demon's Souls and Ratchet and Clank though) but with backwards compatibility and boost mode there's no real reason not to hop into next gen straight away.

  10. #1250
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    14,345


    Thanks daddy sony

    Its time
    Last edited by Video Games; 2020-10-30 at 10:10 PM.

  11. #1251

  12. #1252
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Oh look even the developers agree that was stupid and a change was needed.

    Glad tech isn't calling the shots there
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  13. #1253
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Oh look even the developers agree that was stupid and a change was needed.

    Glad tech isn't calling the shots there
    I didn't care either way but this basically proves you where wrong? Since you where the one that claimed the same roll system from the original was in place and it's not? It doesn't effect the way I play the game at all but it's pretty hilarious that you came back with this when that just means you posted factually incorrect shit in here? lol.

  14. #1254
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I didn't care either way but this basically proves you where wrong? Since you where the one that claimed the same roll system from the original was in place and it's not? It doesn't effect the way I play the game at all but it's pretty hilarious that you came back with this when that just means you posted factually incorrect shit in here? lol.
    Lol you're so adorable.

    Yes tech because at the time of posting that everyone knew about the change rofl. Do you even think before you bust out the gate posting
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  15. #1255
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Lol you're so adorable.

    Yes tech because at the time of posting that everyone knew about the change rofl. Do you even think before you bust out the gate posting
    So the absence of evidence is evidence? That is your defense for posting false info here and then getting salty because someone didn't care about it?

    We literally have a guy here celebrating that he got proven wrong. What a time to be a poster I guess. You have flew the coup.

  16. #1256
    I'm going to wait for the inevitable ff16 ps5 bundle before I get my

  17. #1257
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    So the absence of evidence is evidence? That is your defense for posting false info here and then getting salty because someone didn't care about it?

    We literally have a guy here celebrating that he got proven wrong. What a time to be a poster I guess. You have flew the coup.
    Absence of evidence? Oh my. You really are a special one. Sorry I can't predict the future I guess? and should assume everything will be fixed and work out great and not point out potential problem areas.

    Is that how you forum?
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  18. #1258
    Folks, stay fluffy and let's take the foot off the gas pedal please. Disagreement is fine, but there's no need for excess snark or rudeness. Thanks, y'all.

  19. #1259
    Pit Lord Advent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Other Side.
    Posts
    2,494
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Did they factor in the new generation of AMD and Nvidia? Cause 4k is becoming pretty affordable these months.

    Buying a PS5 (or XBOX) just for games is still the correct value move though.
    Is it though? Define affordable.

  20. #1260
    Does anybody know if Playstation will have a decent subscription for new games? Or will PS plus give out games? I heard Xbox's subscription service will feature quite a few monthly games.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •