Page 78 of 98 FirstFirst ...
28
68
76
77
78
79
80
88
... LastLast
  1. #1541
    https://twitter.com/fitzymj/status/1328831734310338560

    Oh hey look, Cerny was also right about games taking up less space when properly optimized for SSD as well.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    https://twitter.com/SkillUpYT/status...05251904946176

    People already reporting that the tension triggers are breaking after less than a week of use. This is why i let other people beta test and wait on new console releases.
    Oh boy a single report while still under warranty! The horror!

  2. #1542
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    https://twitter.com/SkillUpYT/status...05251904946176

    People already reporting that the tension triggers are breaking after less than a week of use. This is why i let other people beta test and wait on new console releases.
    Yep, sensible approach but as for controller I will wait for something asymmetrical, quite honestly i think this whole tension triggers is rather bad idea. For me having them is negative to overall score of controller than not having them.

  3. #1543
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Yep, sensible approach but as for controller I will wait for something asymmetrical, quite honestly i think this whole tension triggers is rather bad idea. For me having them is negative to overall score of controller than not having them.
    Its a nice idea but its still the same plastic triggers now with a gear-spring mechanism behind it to add increased stress to the same plastic that can barely deal with meathead CoD players breaking them during their temper tantrums so i don't know why they didn't opt for something sturdier. I imagine part of the first revision will see this dialled back of the trigger material changed.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  4. #1544
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Its a nice idea but its still the same plastic triggers now with a gear-spring mechanism behind it to add increased stress to the same plastic that can barely deal with meathead CoD players breaking them during their temper tantrums so i don't know why they didn't opt for something sturdier. I imagine part of the first revision will see this dialled back of the trigger material changed.
    Thats some amazing detective work you're coming up with because you saw a tweet of a single dude having his controller break.

  5. #1545
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    https://twitter.com/fitzymj/status/1328831734310338560

    Oh hey look, Cerny was also right about games taking up less space when properly optimized for SSD as well.
    Insane that Demon's Souls is like 28GB and looks as good as it does.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Its a nice idea but its still the same plastic triggers now with a gear-spring mechanism behind it to add increased stress to the same plastic that can barely deal with meathead CoD players breaking them during their temper tantrums so i don't know why they didn't opt for something sturdier. I imagine part of the first revision will see this dialled back of the trigger material changed.
    You saw one post and acting like its Doomsday. I have two controllers and I've used both in the 50hrs+ I've been on my PS5 and they are fine. As usual with any controller it comes down to how well the user takes care of them.

    Hell I still have my original Afterglow 360 controller from over 10 years ago.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|Nvidia Founders Edition RTX 3070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|16GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  6. #1546
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    https://twitter.com/SkillUpYT/status...05251904946176

    People already reporting that the tension triggers are breaking after less than a week of use. This is why i let other people beta test and wait on new console releases.
    Possible but highly improbable the issue is widespread. I would focus on the actual console freezes, which seem to have a lot more reports, if my goal was to justify my own decisions to myself and everyone else not to purchase day one. However, nothing you say will justify that decision as correct or incorrect, because it is an opinion. That said, I'm glad you have freely given it, because a thread like this tends to become an echo chamber. It is great to have a diversity of opinion.

    On my point, various things are valued more to different people. Some people value their dollar. The work they have done and the value they can derive from it. Others may value time more. They may have limited time. They may not have much time left. Others still may value pride of ownership, as we can see with luxury items like new cars or specific fashion accessories, and spend up until their last dime to purchase these items above their means. To many, what others think of them is more important than time or money.

    Someone who values time may not have the same priorities as someone who values money. So even if they got an Xbox 360 and got RROD on their launch console, they might value the time they got to spend with that console before it broke, more than the money they would have saved by waiting.

    So really, argument and opinion are great, but there really is no amount of issues or proof that waiting is the "correct" choice because we all have different values.

  7. #1547
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Its a nice idea but its still the same plastic triggers now with a gear-spring mechanism behind it to add increased stress to the same plastic that can barely deal with meathead CoD players breaking them during their temper tantrums so i don't know why they didn't opt for something sturdier. I imagine part of the first revision will see this dialled back of the trigger material changed.
    I guess it depends on what games you play but I for certain wouldn't want to use it in any game. I dont like any kind of annoyining stuff like motion blur, screen shake, vibrations so I always turn it off. Gotta wait for ergonomic controller then.

  8. #1548
    Well the Demon's Souls Mystery Door has been solved.

    It has a armor set that has never been in the game before and seems to be a set fans have wanted.

    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/de.../1100-6484687/

    The biggest mystery of PS5 launch title Demon's Souls, the secret locked door, has been solved. The door has been opened by Distortion2, a player who previously nearly glitched his way in, and there's a cool reward on the other side.

    The door's key, as it turns out, is held by Sparkly the Crow, who can be found in the Shrine of Storms archstone. To get it, you need to offer Sparkly Ceramic Coins, an ultra-rare item. It seems that somewhere between 25 and 30 coins are needed. Distortion2 traded 30 coins, but it's possible that fewer coins would work, too.

    Coins are rare drops, Coins are rare drops that have been farmed from the Fat Official enemy, but they're only available in limited quantities in specific scenarios. For example, utilizing World Tendencies is necessary to earn them.
    https://twitter.com/Distortion_2/sta...66366605651975
    Distortion2
    We solved the mystery of the hidden door! Thanks for making such a great secret to get all the community involved
    Was awesome looking for the coins in SOTC Remake and again in Demon's Souls Remake
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|Nvidia Founders Edition RTX 3070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|16GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  9. #1549
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Well the Demon's Souls Mystery Door has been solved.

    It has a armor set that has never been in the game before and seems to be a set fans have wanted.

    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/de.../1100-6484687/



    https://twitter.com/Distortion_2/sta...66366605651975
    why are you posting demon souls spoilers in the ps5 thread?
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

  10. #1550
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    why are you posting demon souls spoilers in the ps5 thread?
    Because its a PS5 exclusive title that is being talked about in the PS5 thread.

    Just like how switch games are being talking about in the Nintendo Switch thread. If you don't want to see spoilers for PS5 titles in the PS5 thread then don't come to the thread.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|Nvidia Founders Edition RTX 3070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|16GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  11. #1551
    The Patient Sezerek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    The Nexus
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Just like how switch games are being talking about in the Nintendo Switch thread. If you don't want to see spoilers for PS5 titles in the PS5 thread then don't come to the thread.
    And you know what...people are using spoiler tags for ingame-reveals and stuff when said game is new..hell the whole console is barely available for ~24hours for half the world.

  12. #1552
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Because its a PS5 exclusive title that is being talked about in the PS5 thread.

    Just like how switch games are being talking about in the Nintendo Switch thread. If you don't want to see spoilers for PS5 titles in the PS5 thread then don't come to the thread.
    Lol what a douche lord. Sorry people didn't buy out the scalpals to discuss spoilers already.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  13. #1553
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    And you know what...people are using spoiler tags for ingame-reveals and stuff when said game is new..hell the whole console is barely available for ~24hours for half the world.
    Its a Easter Egg that you likely won't come across in a game that was remake of a game from nearly 10 years ago. Don't want to be "Spoiled" maybe not come to a thread about the system and its games. Isn't like I said Tony Stark dies in the end...
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|Nvidia Founders Edition RTX 3070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|16GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  14. #1554
    The Patient Sezerek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    The Nexus
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its a Easter Egg that you likely won't come across in a game that was remake of a game from nearly 10 years ago. Don't want to be "Spoiled" maybe not come to a thread about the system and its games. Isn't like I said Tony Stark dies in the end...
    Just use fucking spoiler tags you dipshit, it is not that hard.

  15. #1555
    "Spoiler" It took one of the best souls players more then a week to figure out with help from the community, literally nobody in this thread is finding it on their own without a guide. Sorry for the truth bomb.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-11-20 at 02:57 PM.

  16. #1556
    I got one through Playstation direct. If I could, I'd thank the people running that site as I didn't feel like a dancing monkey hoping a passerby will throw me change like I did with every other retailer. Just hoped on, got queued and an hour later the queue popped and I got to order my ps5.

    You know, unlike Walmart who forces you to open 10 tabs constantly refresh them and do the same action in each tab hoping their system doesn't crash or throw numerous errors all while you dredge through the Swamp of Sadness... so I can pay them for all their hardwork...

    Seriously why can't I just go on, pay in advance and when "my" system gets to the head of the line in notified of shipping. This whole ordeal is handled like shit by every retailer.

  17. #1557
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    14,438
    I figured the door would be for dlc because i wouldnt put it past them

  18. #1558
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I figured the door would be for dlc because i wouldnt put it past them
    I don't think there will be DLC, but if there is it would be the 6th archstone.

  19. #1559
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    14,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I don't think there will be DLC, but if there is it would be the 6th archstone.
    Maybe not, but i wouldnt mind it I guess. Also they added some sound that sounded like metal gear rex so they might do a mgs remake next

  20. #1560
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Maybe not, but i wouldnt mind it I guess. Also they added some sound that sounded like metal gear rex so they might do a mgs remake next
    That would literally be the best gaming thing eva!!! A Bluepoint MGS 1 remake, what!?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I got one through Playstation direct. If I could, I'd thank the people running that site as I didn't feel like a dancing monkey hoping a passerby will throw me change like I did with every other retailer. Just hoped on, got queued and an hour later the queue popped and I got to order my ps5.

    You know, unlike Walmart who forces you to open 10 tabs constantly refresh them and do the same action in each tab hoping their system doesn't crash or throw numerous errors all while you dredge through the Swamp of Sadness... so I can pay them for all their hardwork...

    Seriously why can't I just go on, pay in advance and when "my" system gets to the head of the line in notified of shipping. This whole ordeal is handled like shit by every retailer.
    I've always wondered that. I'm guessing it has something to do with upsells, either from Sony or the retailers themselves. I guess reserving a console would remove all preorder hype/news which fans/devs/gamers would probably love but maybe marketing not so much.

    Like say I had a black friday sale coming up. I'd want to put a picture of that PS5 on that sales slip before sending it out to everyone. I couldn't do that if I had PS5's reserved and filled those before putting stock out to the general public. Just a guess, I don't really know what exact mechanism prevents system reserves.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •