Page 79 of 82 FirstFirst ...
29
69
77
78
79
80
81
... LastLast
  1. #1561
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    That would literally be the best gaming thing eva!!! A Bluepoint MGS 1 remake, what!?

    - - - Updated - - -



    I've always wondered that. I'm guessing it has something to do with upsells, either from Sony or the retailers themselves. I guess reserving a console would remove all preorder hype/news which fans/devs/gamers would probably love but maybe marketing not so much.

    Like say I had a black friday sale coming up. I'd want to put a picture of that PS5 on that sales slip before sending it out to everyone. I couldn't do that if I had PS5's reserved and filled those before putting stock out to the general public. Just a guess, I don't really know what exact mechanism prevents system reserves.
    I thought about those various examples, but I don't really think they are prohibitive to just a function of a pre-paid wait list. And they could still have pre-orders, say open pre-orders on May 5th and fill them, then May 6th the waitlist starts. For businesses, you could just pull a 50/50 ordering split or even less (50% stock goes to stores, 50% goes to orders). I'd more imagine the wait list orders would be coming direct from distribution centers and not store fronts or even local warehouses. Brick and mortar can still have their day of sales because there will always be people who are in for that non-sense; I saw people camping overnight at MicroCenter for the 6800xt launch, even if they were able to order and receive it a week later, those same people would still be there for the day 1 chance. Logistically I can't see a reason why it isn't possible. I would have been happy to have placed an order on "May 6th" and received my PS5 mid December. And because the process was so damn painful from every retailer involved sans Playstation-Direct, I'm way less likely to deal with them in the future, especially for online orders.

    The biggest hurdle I can see is customer service and people essentially being pieces of shit to each other. There will be some Karen or some stoner thats freaking out at Bestbuy because they placed an order on May 6th and they are getting their console 3 weeks after launch.
    I would just be happy if a retailer would treat me as an adult and not some starving French beggar in Les Misérables, which means I will probably be doing the majority of my online ordering through Playstation-Direct in the future.

  2. #1562
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I don't think there will be DLC, but if there is it would be the 6th archstone.
    Honestly I hope but I don't expect any DLC at all, Would be cool if they did tho.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I got one through Playstation direct. If I could, I'd thank the people running that site as I didn't feel like a dancing monkey hoping a passerby will throw me change like I did with every other retailer.
    My only complaint with Playstation Direct was there was a bug with using it on Chrome. When I got though the que I couldn't see the PS5 at all and I wasn't the only one who had this issue. I had to launch firefox and wait in que again thankfully getting it after about 2hrs total.

    But all other sites need to copy that setup. Only way you buy one is via a link you get emailed.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|Nvidia Founders Edition RTX 3070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|16GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  3. #1563
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    14,337
    Im probably the only one who actually bought godfall, but i do like it. Its not like amazing or worth the 70, but as far as launch titles go, its fine. Much better than genji and killzone, thats for sure.

    I also like it better than demon souls because its kinda frustrating for a souls game. Granted i dont really know what im doing in that and lack health refills can get brutal
    Last edited by Video Games; 2020-11-20 at 08:30 PM.

  4. #1564
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Im probably the only one who actually bought godfall, but i do like it. Its not like amazing or worth the 70, but as far as launch titles go, its fine. Much better than genji and killzone, thats for sure.

    I also like it better than demon souls because its kinda frustrating for a souls game. Granted i dont really know what im doing in that and lack health refills can get brutal
    Finish 1-2, warp to tower knight boss area, kill the 2 blue eyes which will always net a combination of 4 Crescent or Late Moon grass. You can farm a max of both in a few mins.

  5. #1565
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    14,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Finish 1-2, warp to tower knight boss area, kill the 2 blue eyes which will always net a combination of 4 Crescent or Late Moon grass. You can farm a max of both in a few mins.
    Farming might be easy, but ive never been a fan of farming basic necessities in games. I just think from (not bluepoint) should have put archstone checkpoints in the middle of the level and started with estus. I picked priest cause i at least did 1-2 back on ps3 and knew how scarce healing items would be

  6. #1566
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Farming might be easy, but ive never been a fan of farming basic necessities in games. I just think from (not bluepoint) should have put archstone checkpoints in the middle of the level and started with estus. I picked priest cause i at least did 1-2 back on ps3 and knew how scarce healing items would be
    Well it's not like it's only farming grass, you get 1,000 souls per run which is faster then anything else you can do that early in the game. In mid to late game you can just go to 4-3 and lulz stormruler clap all the mobs and get max grass in a single hit.

  7. #1567
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

    My only complaint with Playstation Direct was there was a bug with using it on Chrome. When I got though the que I couldn't see the PS5 at all and I wasn't the only one who had this issue. I had to launch firefox and wait in que again thankfully getting it after about 2hrs total.

    But all other sites need to copy that setup. Only way you buy one is via a link you get emailed.
    I didn't encounter any issues with Chrome for the couple of times I tried. I had an issue with the internal Chrome browser in Telegram, it doesn't do well with being tabbed out on a refreshing screen. I've had other issues with it in Gmail as well. I don't really know what to refer to that browser as, it's the one that pops up when you open internet links through Android programs. It's chrome based but doesn't exactly function that well.

  8. #1568


    Add another game to the list of PS5 out performing Series X. It's also sad the DF guys are now attempting excuses for Series X because Dark got death threats and harassed on twitter from Xbox fan boys over the AC video. They're really mad the tflop meme isn't translating in games.

  9. #1569
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

    Add another game to the list of PS5 out performing Series X. It's also sad the DF guys are now attempting excuses for Series X because Dark got death threats and harassed on twitter from Xbox fan boys over the AC video. They're really mad the tflop meme isn't translating in games.
    You sound like a hateful fanboy and have some weird hate boner. Quite honestly its way too early to compare performance of new consoles that nobody truly optimized for.
    Not that anybody cares about that.

    Even if xbox will win in the end I couldn't care less since my PC will be more powerful anyways and xbox games will supposedly be available on pc.

  10. #1570
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    You sound like a hateful fanboy and have some weird hate boner. Quite honestly its way too early to compare performance of new consoles that nobody truly optimized for.
    Not that anybody cares about that.

    Even if xbox will win in the end I couldn't care less since my PC will be more powerful anyways and xbox games will supposedly be available on pc.
    How is it hateful to say that it's sad to send death threats because someone isn't saying nice things about your favorite console?

  11. #1571
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    How is it hateful to say that it's sad to send death threats because someone isn't saying nice things about your favorite console?
    Look at his previous posts, he is fanboy himself.

  12. #1572
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Look at his previous posts, he is fanboy himself.
    I've interacted with Tech enough to know that he's just overly critical, not a fanboy. Not that it's a bad thing to be overly critical, but it's just not the way I look at things personally (at least, usually).

  13. #1573
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Quite honestly its way too early to compare performance of new consoles that nobody truly optimized for..
    Actually it isn't.

    Last gen and now current gen both run X86 architecture, Its no different then making a game for PC (Just usually much less overhead). The problem with the Series X is that its memory is split up and not unified and the the higher raw CU Unit count doesn't mean shit when compared to the lower PS5 CU Unit count because the PS5's is clocked higher.

    This really isn't a problem that will go away unless they scale the games back and even then that isn't likely. The PS3 had the exact same problem and that's why 3rd party's ran so much better on 360.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Look at his previous posts, he is fanboy himself.
    See here is the thing when you have to result to calling people a fanboy, your argument doesn't have a leg to stand on.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|Nvidia Founders Edition RTX 3070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|16GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  14. #1574
    Why is there a PlayStation topic on this site?
    I thought MMO-C was a World of Warcraft platform.

  15. #1575
    People real salty over these DF videos. I don’t think anyone expected PS5 to be ahead in any multiplats, even early.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-11-22 at 02:49 AM.

  16. #1576
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Actually it isn't.
    It is, processor architecture is not the only thing that can influence overall performance. Its not even up to discussion, both systems are relatively new.

  17. #1577
    I am Murloc! Selastan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    IN THE MOUNTAINS
    Posts
    5,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontifice View Post
    Why is there a PlayStation topic on this site?
    I thought MMO-C was a World of Warcraft platform.
    Note the off-topic section.

  18. #1578
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Its not even up to discussion
    Your right its not up for discussion because you are wrong and have clearly shown you don't know what you are talking about. Me and Tech both have pointed out the difference to you and why there is a performance difference.

    All you keep doing is screaming (Na your wrong bla bla bla).

    When it comes to 3rd party's its very likely that performance difference won't change, unless they scale back what they want to do on the Series X.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|Nvidia Founders Edition RTX 3070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|16GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  19. #1579
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Your right its not up for discussion because you are wrong and have clearly shown you don't know what you are talking about. Me and Tech both have pointed out the difference to you and why there is a performance difference.

    All you keep doing is screaming (Na your wrong bla bla bla).

    When it comes to 3rd party's its very likely that performance difference won't change, unless they scale back what they want to do on the Series X.
    No its not up for discussion and you are wrong. I actually have idea what I am talking about and you dont.

    First of all previous generation xbox also had x86 architecture cpu and was vastly improved during first couple months.
    https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/anton...-with-new-sdk/

    Second overhead is there, every console has its own api similar to DX or Vulcan, this is where it becomes tricky.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5/comment...would_ps5_use/
    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/03/...es-x-glossary/

    Third its actually the APU or GPU that mostly is the cause of performance issues
    see difference in vulkan vs DX in certain games.

    So no, you are wrong. It will improve, maybe even on both sides. It also depends on how games leverage those SDK/API of consoles.

  20. #1580
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    First of all previous generation xbox also had x86 architecture cpu.
    Yep and take a wild guess what kept happening with third party games. They kept coming out running at 900p or less with worse performance.
    Take a wild guess what is going to keep happening this gen, They will keep coming out with worse performance than the PS5.

    History fucken repeats, Done arguing this with you. Even more so since your links is Xbox,Reddit and some unknown website.

    Me and Tech both explained to you what the problem was. Doesn't matter if you believe it or not but the numbers don't lie.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|Nvidia Founders Edition RTX 3070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|16GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •