Page 80 of 99 FirstFirst ...
30
70
78
79
80
81
82
90
... LastLast
  1. #1581
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    No its not up for discussion and you are wrong. I actually have idea what I am talking about and you dont.

    First of all previous generation xbox also had x86 architecture cpu and was vastly improved during first couple months.
    https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/anton...-with-new-sdk/

    Second overhead is there, every console has its own api similar to DX or Vulcan, this is where it becomes tricky.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5/comment...would_ps5_use/
    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/03/...es-x-glossary/

    Third its actually the APU or GPU that mostly is the cause of performance issues
    see difference in vulkan vs DX in certain games.

    So no, you are wrong. It will improve, maybe even on both sides. It also depends on how games leverage those SDK/API of consoles.
    You need to calm down there fanboy. Clearly you don’t understand the tech you’re trying to discuss.

  2. #1582
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep and take a wild guess what kept happening with third party games. They kept coming out running at 900p or less with worse performance.
    Take a wild guess what is going to keep happening this gen, They will keep coming out with worse performance than the PS5.

    History fucken repeats, Done arguing this with you. Even more so since your links is Xbox,Reddit and some unknown website.

    Me and Tech both explained to you what the problem was. Doesn't matter if you believe it or not but the numbers don't lie.
    You can't explain something you don't really understand.
    First of all you still don't understand that for single player games CPU is not that much of a bottleneck as GPU, second, developers didn't even began to utilize new hardware yet (yes you need to be aware of hardware when developing games for specific platform), third game type, number of effects, number of polygons, texture size all affects how will you utilize said hardware. Its not just "new game". If your engine heavily use shaders, their clock and amount will matter more and more.

    So first couple of months developers will be trying to find sweet spot to fully design games for specific hardware.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You need to calm down there fanboy. Clearly you don’t understand the tech you’re trying to discuss.
    You probably meant to quote the other guy.

  3. #1583
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    You can't explain something you don't really understand.
    First of all you still don't understand that for single player games CPU is not that much of a bottleneck as GPU, second, developers didn't even began to utilize new hardware yet (yes you need to be aware of hardware when developing games for specific platform), third game type, number of effects, number of polygons, texture size all affects how will you utilize said hardware. Its not just "new game". If your engine heavily use shaders, their clock and amount will matter more and more.

    So first couple of months developers will be trying to find sweet spot to fully design games for specific hardware.

    - - - Updated - - -



    You probably meant to quote the other guy.
    Nope. Only one person in here being a fanboy and not understanding how the tech works.

  4. #1584
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Nope. Only one person in here being a fanboy and not understanding how the tech works.
    Good then, since i dislike both consoles equally I literally cannot be a fanboy. Glad we fixed that misunderstanding.

  5. #1585
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Good then, since i dislike both consoles equally I literally cannot be a fanboy. Glad we fixed that misunderstanding.
    Phew. Now let’s clear something else up, both systems are brand new. Optimization like you describe will be happening for both systems. Microsoft’s hardware isn’t going to benefit more than Sony’s.

  6. #1586
    Don't understand why Sony didn't give pre-orders well in advance so they can produce enough consoles to meet demand, instead of pre-ordering what's in stock... ton of people won't be having it anytime soon...

    So jealous of people playing Demon Souls right now...


    Quick question -- that 20 PS4 Games collection, many of which are Triple A titles... is it only available to PS5 PS+ subscribers this month, or will it be available still for other PS5 owners for the next batch of consoles next year? Cause it would suck a lot if it's only for this month...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-11-22 at 06:15 AM.

  7. #1587
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Phew. Now let’s clear something else up, both systems are brand new. Optimization like you describe will be happening for both systems. Microsoft’s hardware isn’t going to benefit more than Sony’s.
    Lets clear one more thing, you have no clue how it will end up. Neither do I. Because ultimately its up for game developers and their engine code to properly utilize those SDKs/APIs as well as hardware in general. And of course, depending on what tech their game will use. This will be even trickier when some game is suppose to be multiplatform PC included.

    And wanking over early stage "benchmarks" is just stupid.
    Not that I care about that at all, I will still buy ps5 when beta tests are over and some alternative asymetrical gamepad will be available because of exclusives.

  8. #1588
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Quick question -- that 20 PS4 Games collection, many of which are Triple A titles... is it only available to PS5 PS+ subscribers this month, or will it be available still for other PS5 owners for the next batch of consoles next year? Cause it would suck a lot if it's only for this month...
    Just PS5 users this month, But you can use the app and redeem them all.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|Nvidia Founders Edition RTX 3070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|16GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  9. #1589
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    14,443
    Im not sure if legendary darknight mode is gonna break my controller or wrist first

  10. #1590
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Just PS5 users this month, But you can use the app and redeem them all.
    Where abouts do I redeem them? Just see Bugsnax being available in the PS+ section, added that to the library for the sake of it.

  11. #1591
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Where abouts do I redeem them? Just see Bugsnax being available in the PS+ section, added that to the library for the sake of it.
    Unless they fixed it, You just went to each game on the App and it let you add them to library.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|Nvidia Founders Edition RTX 3070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|16GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  12. #1592
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Unless they fixed it, You just went to each game on the App and it let you add them to library.
    Priced...

  13. #1593
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Lets clear one more thing, you have no clue how it will end up. Neither do I. Because ultimately its up for game developers and their engine code to properly utilize those SDKs/APIs as well as hardware in general. And of course, depending on what tech their game will use. This will be even trickier when some game is suppose to be multiplatform PC included.

    And wanking over early stage "benchmarks" is just stupid.
    Not that I care about that at all, I will still buy ps5 when beta tests are over and some alternative asymetrical gamepad will be available because of exclusives.
    Here’s the thing. The future matters, but so does right now. Every multiplat so far seems to have an advantage on PS5. That isn’t what I would have signed up for if I got my XSX preorder in. FOMO for XSX fading for me. First impressions are what will most be remembered and incorrectly cited all gen. Not a good first look. Next DF video is probably CoD, Xbox needs a win or even a tie, TBH.

  14. #1594
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Priced...
    That sucks seems they fixed it then.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|Nvidia Founders Edition RTX 3070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|16GB DDR4 SDRAM|256GB SSD|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  15. #1595
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    14,443
    I played the immortal stadia demo (dont judge me it was free) and i liked it enough to pre order. I hope it looks better than it did on stadia cause it looked kinda bad and washed out

  16. #1596
    Just want to play one. I hope more stock is made available this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post


    Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

  17. #1597
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Here’s the thing. The future matters, but so does right now. Every multiplat so far seems to have an advantage on PS5. That isn’t what I would have signed up for if I got my XSX preorder in. FOMO for XSX fading for me. First impressions are what will most be remembered and incorrectly cited all gen. Not a good first look. Next DF video is probably CoD, Xbox needs a win or even a tie, TBH.
    I doubt people even care about those couple of frames. And it not fomo because you are not missing anything dude, you can buy xbox later. What are you even on about?

    Lemme tell you what this is: insecurities. Thats what it is. You had to justify your purchase because you are insecure about your decision.

  18. #1598
    Finally beat Demon's Souls so I can finally say I've beaten every souls game. Overall fun but definitely certain thing I disliked compared to later souls games, the healing items being the biggest thing but I swear they drop more often than they did in the original so it wasn't a huge issue. Hated the poison swamp, every souls game has one but this one was especially bad, not helped by how big the area is and how long it takes to open up a shortcut. The final boss was also pretty anti-climatic, I can see this being a huge disappointment if 1-4 isn't the last world you complete as I did.

    Obviously not as good as Dark Souls but still worth playing I think.

  19. #1599
    I am Murloc! Selastan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    IN THE MOUNTAINS
    Posts
    5,601
    Just tried to get one from Wal-Mart, they went on sale for Black Friday at 9pm. First minute of refreshing got me nothing but page load errors, when I got through they were sold out. Lovely.

  20. #1600
    I am Murloc! hellhamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Thessaloniki, Greece
    Posts
    5,715
    Any news on possible restocking? I read that Americans might have some for black Friday, what about Europe?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •