Page 93 of 100 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    this thread needs less edits and more bloodborne 2.

Can you imagine if they actually released a trailer for it. The hype would make cyberpunk's hype look like the buggy shit pile it ended up being.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

Can you imagine if they actually released a trailer for it. The hype would make cyberpunk's hype look like the buggy shit pile it ended up being.
    Oh yeah, that would be it. The dream.

Yes but we wouldn't want it to be on the ps4 though or you know.. people would get mad it has low fps and low res textures

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Oh yeah, that would be it. The dream.
    A hunters dream perhaps? /drumroll

I think I would cream my pants more than the scalpers making a mint off the consoles

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Those time stamps mean nothing to me. Those comments were edited by me mere seconds after I posted them around 17:30 so I have no idea what you're talking about

- - - Updated - - -

Come on I don't believe I had to do this.

https://imgur.com/a/z5DwiVh
    Im not gonna believe your shitty shop over forum timestamps. This is my last response and i hope you can learn to stop lying in the future

- - - Updated - - -

Bb producer is leaving in a few days so fat chance at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Im not gonna believe your shitty shop over forum timestamps. This is my last response and i hope you can learn to stop lying in the future

- - - Updated - - -

Bb producer is leaving in a few days so fat chance at this point
    Well.

My printscreen had the full comment and all relevant information. Yours was a little box cut off from the rest of the page.. Please.

Why do you hate my opinion so much that you have to make several baseless accusations? Including me being a secret playstation hater, editing my comments and photoshopping printscreens?

What's next? Am I a secret scalper on a mission to dissuade people from buying retail PS5?

Come on. Just accept people have different opinions on whether or not it's the right time to buy the next playstation. lol so simple.

You're cute though and I have no hard feelings towards this civilized dispute.
    Last edited by tikcol; 2020-12-28 at 08:05 PM.

Its all about the exclusives and that landscape is slowly changing to limited releases and opening up. Lots of Nintendo games end up on steam and lots of PlayStation exclusives also end up on PC. Not all obviously but if you enjoy gaming enough you'll probably end up with multiple consoles anyway and at that point why would you comment on someone's entertainment budget anyway. 3k might be pocket change to someone and they'll spend hundreds of hours on it so I don't see how it's anyone's business and personal enjoyment should be your focus not waving the flag for a company that couldn't give two shits about you or i
    If you're a gamer then you don't support exclusives. Luckily the market supports porting games to other platforms. No matter how much effort Sony and Microsoft poor into exclusives, most people only end up with one gaming platform, which could even be PC. Sony's argument to playing exclusives on PC is using PSNow which is hilariously bad. We may see Sony doing more timed releases for exclusive PS5 games on PC. Very very long timed releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    A fresh coat of paint (upscale to 1080p) is a remaster.

A REMAKE is a game that was remade from the ground up like Bluepoints Demon's Souls was. The only thing in the PS5 version that was also in the PS3 version is the AI code because they wanted to be true to the original. Literally everything else was remade from the ground up aka A REMAKE.

Its 2020 and people still don't understand the difference in a remake and a remaster.
    A remake and a remaster are about as different as an engine and a motor. One has more effort but that amount of effort depends. FF7 Remake is totally different than Demon Souls on PS5. You don't have to design new stages, new dialog, new anything but graphics and artwork. To a PC gamer a remaster is us basically turning up the graphic settings. Demon Souls for the PS5 does not deserve $70, let along a reason to buy a PS5. They didn't even bother to put in Ray-Tracing for a remake. Minecraft put in Ray-Tracing and they don't charge people $70 to buy it.

Demon Souls on the PS5 could have had more content added. There was suppose to be a fabled sixth zone that was cut from the PS3 version, that they could have added in the PS5 version. So many missed opportunities with the PS5 version for them to refine and add content to the game. It's not worth $70 and not worth getting a PS5 for it.

This is a remake of Final Fantasy 7. This is a remake of Demon Souls. One does not look like the other.

Dmc5 se with virgil on legendary dark knight mode was the best launch game of all time, plus kh mom came out the next day
    Ahhhhh I forgot about DMC 5, thanks! Though I don't consider KH Melody of Memory to be a PS5 launch title exactly since it was released on PS4 and Switch.

I haven't bought a PS5 yet, and not sure I will any time soon. As some may have stated, I don't feel two remakes/remasters basically are worth it yet. I'll be more interested when the new Horizon comes out though. I am not a huge PS player though, I play on Xbox more. But eventually I will likely get one when they are more easily available.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    A fresh coat of paint (upscale to 1080p) is a remaster.

A REMAKE is a game that was remade from the ground up like Bluepoints Demon's Souls was. The only thing in the PS5 version that was also in the PS3 version is the AI code because they wanted to be true to the original. Literally everything else was remade from the ground up aka A REMAKE.

Its 2020 and people still don't understand the difference in a remake and a remaster.
    I'd say its less of people not knowing and more of them not caring.

Dmc5 se with virgil on legendary dark knight mode was the best launch game of all time, plus kh mom came out the next day
    Oh yes! Dmc5 ofc. Thank you very much Video Games I forgot about that one.

Still not enough though

Quote Originally Posted by nuffisenough View Post
    The fact that you think 64GB of RAM is needed for a gaming PC shows your complete and utter lack of knowledge on anything related to PC gaming. You’re absolutely laughable.

“64GB of RAM is future proofing a gaming PC”. LOL. By the time we would need 64GB of RAM for gaming, we will be on a much newer and faster memory standard by then, rendering anyone with current RAM setups obsolete. Stop talking before you make yourself look like an even bigger fool.
    If she is doing editing and rendering of her gaming then yes she will want 64gb. Seeing her having two different monitors I would not put it past her. You continue to be salty though.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    If she is doing editing and rendering of her gaming then yes she will want 64gb. Seeing her having two different monitors I would not put it past her. You continue to be salty though.
    We're talking about gaming and right now anything above 16GB is not going to benefit gaming. Editing and rendering then sure, but for the next 7 years the recommended amount of ram for games will be 16GB.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    If you're a gamer then you don't support exclusives.
    I see you studied in economics. How could anyone disagree with this notion.

Not like by having exclusives we get more games and better quality games out of it. I wish I could join you in this dream land where developers are constantly spending multiples years developing/creating games and spending sometimes hundreds of millions out of the goodness of their own heart and not because they want to actually make money and pay their staff wages

I would say this about exclusives. On a purely speculative level, I don't like them. The more people that play the best games the better, and frankly, the best games tend to be exclusives from Nintendo and Sony.

I realize that all Google would have to do is...decide to do it, and they could buy up many of my favorite franchises and go Stadia exclusive. Very few things would upset me more than this.

However, there is a big "but" coming.

Microsoft is trying to build a rental service but sell it not as a digital gamefly/blockbuster, but instead as a hyper value oriented cool new service that any gamer would be lax in not subscribing too. Not quite the netflix(imo), but rather the Amazon Prime of gaming.

There is a bigger problem with that, imo, than exclusives, because I feel that gaming in its current form is unsustainable if gamepass in its current form proves sustainable.

Here is what I mean. Gamepass CURRENTLY(but won't always) benefits from traditional AAA game development, where devs risk it all with a toss of the dice and win or lose small GDPs on every game. That environment, pushed to the extreme for product development, by exclusives, by pre-orders, and by day 1 sales, is rife for...well not innovation but investment. It's a gamble. There is no upper investment limit because the potential returns are immense.

Gamepass being too good to pass up has the potential to deincentive investment, and thus scope of the biggest games. The "system sellers." If it saves me money, who is now not getting the money I had been traditionally investing? Publishers and developers. Money is never really just saved, but rather diverted.

Right now, the old economy is still in play. Thus gamepass gets to have its cake and eat it too. However, if gamepass kepts its value, became ubiquitous, and at the same time, "system sellers" large exclusive games(which are either or loss leaders for console sales or tentpole titles) will not have the same investment incentive, when a smaller game would require less risk, have a guaranteed return, and a less than blockbuster upside potential(remember, if everyone plays it on gamepass, no one would buy it).

So right now, I'm hesitant to wish away what we already have here. I'm afraid that changing the landscape to improve value for gamers, could overall making gaming worse. I want to make sure any product I support widens the scope of game investment, not narrows it. I'm not sure which one gamepass does yet, and how it would play in a world without exclusives, so for now I am going to wait to form my opinion fully about exclusives until we know more about how this will all play out.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-12-28 at 11:00 PM.

Regardless of what i do with my computer, we're on a wow fansite so its stupid to assume i dont have one. Im just so sick of the BUT PEEEEEEECEEEEEE THOOOOOOO crowd shitting up threads. The ps5 is a better investment than getting a 3k series card period.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2020-12-29 at 12:07 AM.

I see you studied in economics. How could anyone disagree with this notion.

Not like by having exclusives we get more games and better quality games out of it. I wish I could join you in this dream land where developers are constantly spending multiples years developing/creating games and spending sometimes hundreds of millions out of the goodness of their own heart and not because they want to actually make money and pay their staff wages
    Trust me when I say this but it's both an ethical practice as well as financially beneficial. The fact is that AAA gaming is divided between PC and Playstation. Sorry Xbox guys, you're hardly a factor here. Why you think Microsoft "embraced" PC gaming? The reality is that, by not porting games to other platforms you lose out on money. A lot of money. Like pools of money. Exclusives are a hard choice to make, but one we're seeing losing ground. Games are getting more expensive these days to make, and PC gaming is bigger than ever. Even Xbox commands a near 1/3 of the American market, as dead as it is in other markets around the world. Do you really think Sony is porting their PS4 exclusives to PC to bring them over to Playstation? It's all about the money. Horizon Zero Dawn has extremely strong sales on PC, nearly as large as the Wicher 3, and the Witcher 3 has sold more on PC than on PS4 or Xbox One. Sorry Xbox guys, that green bar shows how dead that platform is.

As for better quality games, that's debatable. It certainly hasn't done Xbox any good with the purchase of Rare resulting in some terrible games. The Halo franchise has been going down hill after Halo 3. I hope this doesn't continue with ZeniMax, though John Carmack has expressed interests of coming back to ID. Nintendo certainly shows that exclusives have some really high quality games, but it's also resulted in their consoles having the worst piracy issues, including emulation. One can't deny that Sony doesn't have some really good exclusives but Demon Souls did spawn better games like the Dark Souls series. If it wasn't for Dark Souls, we may have never known about Demon Souls. Demon Souls being exclusive may have been the reason why only 1 million people bought the game back in 2009.

- - - Updated - - -

Regardless of what i do with my computer, we're on a wow fansite so its stupid to assume i dont have one. Im just so sick of the BUT PEEEEEEECEEEEEE THOOOOOOO crowd shitting up threads. The ps5 is a better investment than getting a 3k series card period.
    Ehhh, no. Nvidia's GTX 970 is what put PC gaming in the race, and Nvidia may yet do it again with the RTX 3k series. Assuming that the PS5 is equivalent to that of a RTX 2070 or 2060 Super, then the RTX 3060 would also be superior, especially Ray-Tracing. Considering how many games on the PS5 lack Ray-Tracing, this is where Nvidia may use it's strength to take market share away from Sony. You think it's a mistake that the RTX 3070 is equal or superior to that of a RTX 2080 Ti, for $500? That card was meant to be the next GTX 970, and priced exactly the same as consoles. Considering Nvidia's superiority in Ray-Tracing, they are giving gamers a very clear choice. Do you want 60fps Ray-Tracing with DLSS, or sometimes Ray-Tracing on PS5? If AMD's RX 6000 series is any indication of Ray-Tracing performance on the PS5 and XSX, then Nvidia has a huge leed over them.

Ehhh, no. Nvidia's GTX 970 is what put PC gaming in the race, and Nvidia may yet do it again with the RTX 3k series. Assuming that the PS5 is equivalent to that of a RTX 2070 or 2060 Super, then the RTX 3060 would also be superior, especially Ray-Tracing. Considering how many games on the PS5 lack Ray-Tracing, this is where Nvidia may use it's strength to take market share away from Sony. You think it's a mistake that the RTX 3070 is equal or superior to that of a RTX 2080 Ti, for $500? That card was meant to be the next GTX 970, and priced exactly the same as consoles. Considering Nvidia's superiority in Ray-Tracing, they are giving gamers a very clear choice. Do you want 60fps Ray-Tracing with DLSS, or sometimes Ray-Tracing on PS5? If AMD's RX 6000 series is any indication of Ray-Tracing performance on the PS5 and XSX, then Nvidia has a huge leed over them.
    A couple frames in games in a component that will be overshadowed by the 4k cards soon, or a lot of frames in old games plus faster loading times PLUS brand new exclusives in an all in 1 box that will last around 6 years. Why do you think i got a ps5 over a 3k?

A couple frames in games in a component that will be overshadowed by the 4k cards soon, or a lot of frames in old games plus faster loading times PLUS brand new exclusives in an all in 1 box that will last around 6 years.
    Technically the PS5 has long been overshadowed, so that shouldn't really matter here. Also, PC is still king in loading speed, not the PS5. In that video the XSX is even faster in loading than the PS5. Minor differences anyway. Also the exclusives so far are weak on the PS5. As for it lasting 6 years, that's debatable.
    Why do you think i got a ps5 over a 3k?
    The word I'm thinking of ends in boy. You figure out the former.

Technically the PS5 has long been overshadowed, so that shouldn't really matter here. Also, PC is still king in loading speed, not the PS5. In that video the XSX is even faster in loading than the PS5. Minor differences anyway. Also the exclusives so far are weak on the PS5. As for it lasting 6 years, that's debatable.

The word I'm thinking of ends in boy. You figure out the former.
    Hit me up when pc can load bloodbourne but until then there's no reason for me to buy a 3k series card

In that video the XSX is even faster in loading than the PS5.
    XSX is faster at loading Xbox One games then PS5 was at loading PS4 games. You know, games that aren't even coded to run on the PS5s SSD. I'm going to let you in on a hint on why this happens, the XOX loads games faster then the PS4 Pro does and guess what versions of games are running on XSX and PS5?

Meanwhile in actual PS5 games Demon's Souls loads faster then anything on PC or XSX, fast travel in both spiderman games is instant and Ratchet and Clank has seamless transitions between different levels with no visible loading at all.

You never cease to amaze with terrible comparisons.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-12-29 at 02:11 AM.

Hit me up when pc can load bloodbourne but until then there's no reason for me to buy a 3k series card
    Give it time. No official confirmation from Sony but then again the rumors were right about Horizon Zero Dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    XSX is faster at loading Xbox One games then PS5 was at loading PS4 games. You know, games that aren't even coded to run on the PS5s SSD.
    If only there were games made specifically on the XSX, PS5, and on PC that we could compare. I work with what I got.
    I'm going to let you in on a hint on why this happens, the XOX loads games faster then the PS4 Pro does and guess what versions of games are running on XSX and PS5?
    Sorry, I don't speak in console optimizations for I'm grounded in reality. Let me know when the PS5's SSD is going to drive the future of PC. It's not like Sony has invested in Tim Sweeny's Epic business or anything. No conflict of interest there, nope.

Meanwhile in actual PS5 games Demon's Souls loads faster then anything on PC or XSX, fast travel in both spiderman games is instant and Ratchet and Clank has seamless transitions between different levels with no visible loading at all.

You never cease to amaze with terrible comparisons.
    You're comparing games that don't exist on PC and then claiming about terrible comparisons. How terribly peasant of you. Unless these games are on PC and XSX, then mentioning them is an act of desperation. Fact is the PS5's SSD is nothing special. In most cases, it's just slightly slower than the XSX. Find me a game that exists on all three platforms that actually uses the PS5's magic SSD and let me know, otherwise old PS4 and XB1 games will have to suffice.