People thinking Xbox is suddenly gonna outsell PS5 because anime tits getting censored and Bugthesda being owned by MS now..........

Lol. Enjoy your 30,000 new perverts with whichever devs decided to release their "visual novels" disguised as hentai. Sick fucks.
    Last edited by pepine; 2020-10-16 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You want to know what is just as ridiculous as people who think massive corporations are their friends? People who think they are their enemy.
    I don't think they're the enemy.

I DO think they're prone to doing anything and everything in order to facilitate profit, up to and including pushing the boundaries of law amd influencing the law whenever possible.

Giving them the benefit of the doubt or being apathetic about things like this is a bad idea. I would rather voice a concern about this type of thing and be wrong than downplay or ignore it and find out later it's a raw deal.

IMO that's not freaking out or overreacting. It's being pragmatic and real.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You want to know what is just as ridiculous as people who think massive corporations are their friends? People who think they are their enemy.
    People like to think they are so important that a corporation even knows they exist in the first place. They forget that all businesses care for one thing. Make all the money. From little stores to mega corporations. The only difference is that the latter is more successful.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    It's being pragmatic and real.
    Honestly...it's being pretty paranoid. Just like this rumor was 8 years ago. The PlayStation division doesn't sell user data to third parties as far as I know, and at most they'd only use any voice "recordings" to improve the speech-to-text option available on the console.

This ain't a Google Home or Alexa recording you bumpin uglies.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they're the enemy.

I DO think they're prone to doing anything and everything in order to facilitate profit, up to and including pushing the boundaries of law amd influencing the law whenever possible.

Giving them the benefit of the doubt or being apathetic about things like this is a bad idea. I would rather voice a concern about this type of thing and be wrong than downplay or ignore it and find out later it's a raw deal.

IMO that's not freaking out or overreacting. It's being pragmatic and real.
    Corporations might not be evil, but they are still hungry predators. The trouble with corporations is that they aren't one person. They are many, separate individuals who each have their own job, one that they are desperate to keep. When everyone does their job, the accounts account, the marketers market, it's a body with tons of organs but no soul. It moves in the path of least resistance, because why wouldn't it? Animals in the wild live where their food is plentiful, eating what is most efficient for them (pandas and koalas are the exception.) So corporations do the same. They live where they can, eat what they can, and if that is predatory it doesn't matter, because as a bunch of individuals, no one acts as the consciousness to separate 'food' from 'friend'.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Honestly...it's being pretty paranoid.
    Let me put this another way.

Do you think sony would NOT sell your info if given the chance?

Do you think they would NOT attempt to stack their EULA and TOS in their favor?

Do you think they would NOT seek new avenues to pursue selling your info?

It's not paranoid to treat a predator like a predator.

The ramblings of a complete and utter paranoid nutjob here ladies and gentleman.

Get back in your tinfoil covered house that wards from those alien invaders.

Yes, and I'll explain why in another question.

Do you think that any company would say no if Sony offered them player data in any way, shape or form? Do you think analytics companies wouldn't snap up all that online behavior data, especially if they could associate it with specific people? Do you think Sony hasn't been propositioned?

Every single company does. And while I think we should absolutely be vigilant, I won't pretend I read that shit 99% of the time. And 99.9% of the time for the end user, nothing in those really comes into play in any meaningful way during their use of the product.

Again, see above. If you think there aren't dozens, if not hundreds of companies that would LOVE to get their hands on user data on PSN and pay a good price for it, I don't know what to tell you.

I'm not saying that they're some principled and moral company mind you, just not a company that sells user data. That's not to say they, like every other company, don't store that data to provide to law enforcement. They do. But outside of a dead link to a random .blogspot blog from 2007, I can't see any evidence to suggest the PlayStation division is selling user data to third parties.

That you're calling the PlayStation division at Sony a "predator" is kinda like...paranoid, dude. They're a console maker and publisher, yeah they're in it for the fuckin money but that doesn't mean they're straight up evil. A healthy suspicion of large corporations and shit is always good, but this is beyond a healthy suspicion.

You are on a computer right now and I bet you have a smart phone as well....

Do you not see the irony in this?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The computer you're on is made by people who does these.
    The Operating System you're using is made by a company that does these.
    The Web Browser you're using is made by people that does these.
    I wouldn't be surprised that the company that runs 99% of web sites you use are run by people that does these.

The only way to escape what you're saying is basically to go into a cave in the middle of afghanistan and live off the system. Microsoft and Nintendo both do the same what Sony does.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    The computer you're on is made by people who does these.
    The Operating System you're using is made by a company that does these.
    The Web Browser you're using is made by people that does these.
    I wouldn't be surprised that the company that runs 99% of web sites you use are run by people that does these.

The only way to escape what you're saying is basically to go into a cave in the middle of afghanistan and live off the system. Microsoft and Nintendo both do the same what Sony does.
    Nah man he's probably using some cracked OS where he "disabled all the shit" and that TOR browser and shit so the government can't spy on him.....

Bet he still uses a CRT TV too.

Quote Originally Posted by pepine View Post
    The ramblings of a complete and utter paranoid nutjob here ladies and gentleman.

Get back in your tinfoil covered house that wards from those alien invaders.
    So....mods. We allow blatant insults now, yeah?

Let's keep it civil instead of going straight to insults because you don't like someone's POV.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    that doesn't mean they're straight up evil. A healthy suspicion of large corporations and shit is always good, but this is beyond a healthy suspicion.
    You guys are the only ones using the word "evil".

I explained my concerns in a normal, reasonable manner. You guys took that and ran with it to a place I never intended.

I may have overreacted to the info I had, but I didn't insult and dogpile people that disagreed with me. Which is worse, huh?

EDIT: Not necessarily you, Edge. Just the overall atmosphere.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-10-17 at 05:54 AM.

I explained my concerns in a normal, reasonable manner. You guys took that and ran with it to a place I never intended.
    If you was really concerned you wouldn't be on a PC that is running Windows while you got a smartphone in your pocket.

Sony recording everyone's chat (and they are not) is the lowest of the low to worry about right now. Every time you step outside you are recorded at least 100 times on a average day.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

And I responded to them in a normal, reasonable manner. Maybe framing it as "evil" wasn't the best choice of words but it wasn't meant to be hyperbolic. Though I'd be curious as to if you agree or disagree with my responses to your actual questions, and if you disagree why?

Again, going back to your initial concern: Sony has said that's not what this is for. It's for submitting voice recordings to a chat for moderator approval as it sounds like they're integrating viewer audio into livestreams on the platform somehow. Straightforward enough, and absent any additional evidence there's no reason to jump to the conclusion that they're going to record your voice and sell it to third parties.

15+ Year Old Account
    >having friends to even be in a chat with

Get fuck nerds. Ill be all alone with nothing to worry about

Actually, now that I've taken a step back and really thought about it instead if just responding, I DID overreact. I let a youtuber, who I tend to trust to be more analytical, hype me up. And instead o2d really thinking about it carefully(as I am now), I got into a pissing match with posters here.

I still don't trust thus kind of TOS shennanigans. But I should have approached it more level headed.

That doesn't excuse some of the responses, both mine and others. Im at least willing and able to step back though.

Actually, now that I've taken a step back and really thought about it instead if just responding, I DID overreact. I let a youtuber, who I tend to trust to be more analytical, hype me up. And instead o2d really thinking about it carefully(as I am now), I got into a pissing match with posters here.

I still don't trust thus kind of TOS shennanigans. But I should have approached it more level headed.

That doesn't excuse some of the responses, both mine and others. Im at least willing and able to step back though.
    Imagine trusting a youtuber, who literally needs to fish for clicks to eat all while being paranoid of the giant evil corporations in the world who are going to use your data to mind control you in the future. Somewhere there is great irony in this.

The sad reality is a youtuber has more to gain from misleading you then any "evil corporation" does.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-10-17 at 01:40 PM.

15+ Year Old Account

Its time

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post

Its time
    Oh boy, a new controller for the console you don't have yet. That would drive me crazy.

On another note I am very jealous of anyone who has ever gotten a pre-order early, that never happens to me.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Oh boy, a new controller for the console you don't have yet. That would drive me crazy.

On another note I am very jealous of anyone who has ever gotten a pre-order early, that never happens to me.
    With new console launches, games and accessories almost always arrive early to avoid shipping everything out for delivery on release date.

For normal releases though... If you really want preorders early though and are in the US just order from best buy, they always play it safe and ship a day earlier then they should and I almost always get the game 1 day early.