Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They will make a lot more money once they release it on PC 6-12 months later which I guarantee is happening. Just put it down somewhere and you shall see. Sony is finally realizing how much money they lose by not releasing certain IP on PC.
    Demon's Souls will come to PC the same day that Bloodborne does.

Unless Horizon Zero Dawn sold well enough I don't see anymore first party Sony titles coming to PC for awhile.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Unless Horizon Zero Dawn sold well enough I don't see anymore first party Sony titles coming to PC for awhile.
    Agree. I think they were about franchise building putting that game on PC. It happened soon before Horizon 2 announcement. I think they see this franchise as potentially their biggest one, going forward, and I think they have since the first one launched on PS4. I suspect they have dumped untold resources in a sequel.

As you say, I wouldn't count on every Sony game coming to PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Im not sure how to convince someone to buy a piece of hardware to play graphically better versions (and exclusives) of games when they already seem adamant about buying a piece of hardware to play graphically better versions of games
    I don't play consoles because of graphics, I play them because of exclusives. And I'm not upgrading my video card solely due to play graphically better versions, but better framerate on newer games as my video card is getting dated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did they factor in the new generation of AMD and Nvidia? Cause 4k is becoming pretty affordable these months.

Buying a PS5 (or XBOX) just for games is still the correct value move though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Well, for what it's worth there have been some articles that stated Sony was pretty happy with Horizon's sales on Steam, and that they are "exploring the possibility" of more ports.

Examples:
    Horizon Zero Dawn’s PC launch sales ‘were nearly as large as The Witcher 3’s’
    Sony ponders potential PS to PC ports

Maybe they'll attempt a limited exclusivity model, where the pc port releases 1+ years after the exclusive PS release, at least for new titles where they can plan ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Well, for what it's worth there have been some articles that stated Sony was pretty happy with Horizon's sales on Steam, and that they are "exploring the possibility" of more ports.

Examples:
    Horizon Zero Dawn’s PC launch sales ‘were nearly as large as The Witcher 3’s’
    Sony ponders potential PS to PC ports

Maybe they'll attempt a limited exclusivity model, where the pc port releases 1+ years after the exclusive PS release, at least for new titles where they can plan ahead.
    I remember when MS experimented putting some xbox games on pc, [games for windows live] and it took a while but now more are on it including all first party titles. I doubt playstation is going to let MS have that piece of the market on thier own for long, year maby 2 of playstation exclusivity then ports to pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I remember when MS experimented putting some xbox games on pc, [games for windows live] and it took a while but now more are on it including all first party titles. I doubt playstation is going to let MS have that piece of the market on thier own for long, year maby 2 of playstation exclusivity then ports to pc.
    Microsoft has their own storefront, unlike Sony. GFWL, which is thankfully dead, and now the MS Store. That Microsoft releases games on Steam as well speaks to their inability to get any more traction for the Windows Store than they did for GFWL.

You're right to a point IMO, it seems that with Microsoft jumping on PC and the platform makers getting a lot more into digital distribution now that consumers on console have adopted it in a bigger way, Sony doesn't want to leave that landscape free of competition for Microsoft. And I'm pretty stoked about it. Because like, I love Horizon and shit on PS4, but if I'd know there would be a PC port you can bet your ass I'd have waited and enjoyed the game in glorious 60fps.

I'm just happy to see games releasing on more platforms and accessible to more gamers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly at this point 3 of their 4 released home consoles have sold over 100 mil (PS1, PS2, and PS4) with the PS3 selling 80 mil so targeting 100 mil for the PS5 isn't unreasonable at all. It'd be unreasonable to expect it to not sell over 100 mil at this point.

Also how is the PS5 lineup horrible? Miles Morales and Demon's Souls Remake look great, plus Ratchet and Clank will be coming in the first half of 2021 most likely. The PS5 has done a great job of filling the first year with titles I absolutely must play whereas with the PS4 there wasn't really a must-play game for me until Bloodborne which was like what a year and a half after launch? Sure, you can play some of the games on PS4 (not Demon's Souls and Ratchet and Clank though) but with backwards compatibility and boost mode there's no real reason not to hop into next gen straight away.

15+ Year Old Account

Thanks daddy sony

Its time
    Last edited by Video Games; 2020-10-30 at 10:10 PM.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Oh look even the developers agree that was stupid and a change was needed.

Glad tech isn't calling the shots there
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Oh look even the developers agree that was stupid and a change was needed.

Glad tech isn't calling the shots there
    I didn't care either way but this basically proves you where wrong? Since you where the one that claimed the same roll system from the original was in place and it's not? It doesn't effect the way I play the game at all but it's pretty hilarious that you came back with this when that just means you posted factually incorrect shit in here? lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I didn't care either way but this basically proves you where wrong? Since you where the one that claimed the same roll system from the original was in place and it's not? It doesn't effect the way I play the game at all but it's pretty hilarious that you came back with this when that just means you posted factually incorrect shit in here? lol.
    Lol you're so adorable.

Yes tech because at the time of posting that everyone knew about the change rofl. Do you even think before you bust out the gate posting

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Lol you're so adorable.

Yes tech because at the time of posting that everyone knew about the change rofl. Do you even think before you bust out the gate posting
    So the absence of evidence is evidence? That is your defense for posting false info here and then getting salty because someone didn't care about it?

We literally have a guy here celebrating that he got proven wrong. What a time to be a poster I guess. You have flew the coup.

I'm going to wait for the inevitable ff16 ps5 bundle before I get my

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    So the absence of evidence is evidence? That is your defense for posting false info here and then getting salty because someone didn't care about it?

We literally have a guy here celebrating that he got proven wrong. What a time to be a poster I guess. You have flew the coup.
    Absence of evidence? Oh my. You really are a special one. Sorry I can't predict the future I guess? and should assume everything will be fixed and work out great and not point out potential problem areas.

Is that how you forum?

Folks, stay fluffy and let's take the foot off the gas pedal please. Disagreement is fine, but there's no need for excess snark or rudeness. Thanks, y'all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Did they factor in the new generation of AMD and Nvidia? Cause 4k is becoming pretty affordable these months.

Buying a PS5 (or XBOX) just for games is still the correct value move though.
    Is it though? Define affordable.

Does anybody know if Playstation will have a decent subscription for new games? Or will PS plus give out games? I heard Xbox's subscription service will feature quite a few monthly games.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Folks, stay fluffy and let's take the foot off the gas pedal please. Disagreement is fine, but there's no need for excess snark or rudeness. Thanks, y'all.
    There is nothing to disagree about. Roberto was wrong and is over here celebrating it like it's his birthday. Kind of weird for you to think this requires mod action, it's just hilarious. There are no insults flying, this is just reality we actually have a guy here trying to serve crow about something he was wrong about. That's all it is lmao.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-11-02 at 09:49 PM.