15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Finish 1-2, warp to tower knight boss area, kill the 2 blue eyes which will always net a combination of 4 Crescent or Late Moon grass. You can farm a max of both in a few mins.
    Farming might be easy, but ive never been a fan of farming basic necessities in games. I just think from (not bluepoint) should have put archstone checkpoints in the middle of the level and started with estus. I picked priest cause i at least did 1-2 back on ps3 and knew how scarce healing items would be

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Farming might be easy, but ive never been a fan of farming basic necessities in games. I just think from (not bluepoint) should have put archstone checkpoints in the middle of the level and started with estus. I picked priest cause i at least did 1-2 back on ps3 and knew how scarce healing items would be
    Well it's not like it's only farming grass, you get 1,000 souls per run which is faster then anything else you can do that early in the game. In mid to late game you can just go to 4-3 and lulz stormruler clap all the mobs and get max grass in a single hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

My only complaint with Playstation Direct was there was a bug with using it on Chrome. When I got though the que I couldn't see the PS5 at all and I wasn't the only one who had this issue. I had to launch firefox and wait in que again thankfully getting it after about 2hrs total.

But all other sites need to copy that setup. Only way you buy one is via a link you get emailed.
    I didn't encounter any issues with Chrome for the couple of times I tried. I had an issue with the internal Chrome browser in Telegram, it doesn't do well with being tabbed out on a refreshing screen. I've had other issues with it in Gmail as well. I don't really know what to refer to that browser as, it's the one that pops up when you open internet links through Android programs. It's chrome based but doesn't exactly function that well.

Add another game to the list of PS5 out performing Series X. It's also sad the DF guys are now attempting excuses for Series X because Dark got death threats and harassed on twitter from Xbox fan boys over the AC video. They're really mad the tflop meme isn't translating in games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

Add another game to the list of PS5 out performing Series X. It's also sad the DF guys are now attempting excuses for Series X because Dark got death threats and harassed on twitter from Xbox fan boys over the AC video. They're really mad the tflop meme isn't translating in games.
    You sound like a hateful fanboy and have some weird hate boner. Quite honestly its way too early to compare performance of new consoles that nobody truly optimized for.
    Not that anybody cares about that.

Even if xbox will win in the end I couldn't care less since my PC will be more powerful anyways and xbox games will supposedly be available on pc.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    You sound like a hateful fanboy and have some weird hate boner. Quite honestly its way too early to compare performance of new consoles that nobody truly optimized for.
    Not that anybody cares about that.

Even if xbox will win in the end I couldn't care less since my PC will be more powerful anyways and xbox games will supposedly be available on pc.
    How is it hateful to say that it's sad to send death threats because someone isn't saying nice things about your favorite console?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    How is it hateful to say that it's sad to send death threats because someone isn't saying nice things about your favorite console?
    Look at his previous posts, he is fanboy himself.

I've interacted with Tech enough to know that he's just overly critical, not a fanboy. Not that it's a bad thing to be overly critical, but it's just not the way I look at things personally (at least, usually).

Quite honestly its way too early to compare performance of new consoles that nobody truly optimized for..
    Actually it isn't.

Last gen and now current gen both run X86 architecture, Its no different then making a game for PC (Just usually much less overhead). The problem with the Series X is that its memory is split up and not unified and the the higher raw CU Unit count doesn't mean shit when compared to the lower PS5 CU Unit count because the PS5's is clocked higher.

This really isn't a problem that will go away unless they scale the games back and even then that isn't likely. The PS3 had the exact same problem and that's why 3rd party's ran so much better on 360.

- - - Updated - - -

See here is the thing when you have to result to calling people a fanboy, your argument doesn't have a leg to stand on.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Why is there a PlayStation topic on this site?
    I thought MMO-C was a World of Warcraft platform.

People real salty over these DF videos. I don’t think anyone expected PS5 to be ahead in any multiplats, even early.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-11-22 at 02:49 AM.

Actually it isn't.
    It is, processor architecture is not the only thing that can influence overall performance. Its not even up to discussion, both systems are relatively new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontifice View Post
    Why is there a PlayStation topic on this site?
    I thought MMO-C was a World of Warcraft platform.
    Note the off-topic section.

Its not even up to discussion
    Your right its not up for discussion because you are wrong and have clearly shown you don't know what you are talking about. Me and Tech both have pointed out the difference to you and why there is a performance difference.

All you keep doing is screaming (Na your wrong bla bla bla).

When it comes to 3rd party's its very likely that performance difference won't change, unless they scale back what they want to do on the Series X.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Your right its not up for discussion because you are wrong and have clearly shown you don't know what you are talking about. Me and Tech both have pointed out the difference to you and why there is a performance difference.

All you keep doing is screaming (Na your wrong bla bla bla).

When it comes to 3rd party's its very likely that performance difference won't change, unless they scale back what they want to do on the Series X.
    No its not up for discussion and you are wrong. I actually have idea what I am talking about and you dont.

First of all previous generation xbox also had x86 architecture cpu and was vastly improved during first couple months.
    https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/anton...-with-new-sdk/

Second overhead is there, every console has its own api similar to DX or Vulcan, this is where it becomes tricky.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5/comment...would_ps5_use/
    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/03/...es-x-glossary/

Third its actually the APU or GPU that mostly is the cause of performance issues
    see difference in vulkan vs DX in certain games.

So no, you are wrong. It will improve, maybe even on both sides. It also depends on how games leverage those SDK/API of consoles.

First of all previous generation xbox also had x86 architecture cpu.
    Yep and take a wild guess what kept happening with third party games. They kept coming out running at 900p or less with worse performance.
    Take a wild guess what is going to keep happening this gen, They will keep coming out with worse performance than the PS5.

History fucken repeats, Done arguing this with you. Even more so since your links is Xbox,Reddit and some unknown website.

Me and Tech both explained to you what the problem was. Doesn't matter if you believe it or not but the numbers don't lie.

Yep and take a wild guess what kept happening with third party games. They kept coming out running at 900p or less with worse performance.
    Take a wild guess what is going to keep happening this gen, They will keep coming out with worse performance than the PS5.

History fucken repeats, Done arguing this with you. Even more so since your links is Xbox,Reddit and some unknown website.

Me and Tech both explained to you what the problem was. Doesn't matter if you believe it or not but the numbers don't lie.
    You can't explain something you don't really understand.
    First of all you still don't understand that for single player games CPU is not that much of a bottleneck as GPU, second, developers didn't even began to utilize new hardware yet (yes you need to be aware of hardware when developing games for specific platform), third game type, number of effects, number of polygons, texture size all affects how will you utilize said hardware. Its not just "new game". If your engine heavily use shaders, their clock and amount will matter more and more.

So first couple of months developers will be trying to find sweet spot to fully design games for specific hardware.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You need to calm down there fanboy. Clearly you don’t understand the tech you’re trying to discuss.
    You probably meant to quote the other guy.

Nope. Only one person in here being a fanboy and not understanding how the tech works.
    Good then, since i dislike both consoles equally I literally cannot be a fanboy. Glad we fixed that misunderstanding.

Don't understand why Sony didn't give pre-orders well in advance so they can produce enough consoles to meet demand, instead of pre-ordering what's in stock... ton of people won't be having it anytime soon...

So jealous of people playing Demon Souls right now...

Quick question -- that 20 PS4 Games collection, many of which are Triple A titles... is it only available to PS5 PS+ subscribers this month, or will it be available still for other PS5 owners for the next batch of consoles next year? Cause it would suck a lot if it's only for this month...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-11-22 at 06:15 AM.

Phew. Now let’s clear something else up, both systems are brand new. Optimization like you describe will be happening for both systems. Microsoft’s hardware isn’t going to benefit more than Sony’s.
    Lets clear one more thing, you have no clue how it will end up. Neither do I. Because ultimately its up for game developers and their engine code to properly utilize those SDKs/APIs as well as hardware in general. And of course, depending on what tech their game will use. This will be even trickier when some game is suppose to be multiplatform PC included.

And wanking over early stage "benchmarks" is just stupid.
    Not that I care about that at all, I will still buy ps5 when beta tests are over and some alternative asymetrical gamepad will be available because of exclusives.