Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Same folks that made the fantastic Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons? I can believe it.
    This is like the least watched of the trailers, but the best one in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    I can't wait to read all the incoming "Disco Elysium blew my fucking mind" posts here. Most of you probably have a PC and may have played it already, but for those who just picked it up on the PS5, you have no freaking idea how jelly I am that you are experiencing it for the first time.
    Definitely a game that i will play on the PS, not on the PC. I will wait for a discount, as i usually do, and hopefully for bug fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Getting to this a bit late, but the game is a masterpiece to me so far.

Like, this is the "must get" co-op game. The last time I had this much of a blast just playing a game and looking forward to playing it more was Super Mario Odyssey probably.

Just got up to the cuckoo clock area with my fiancee for a frame of reference to anyone who's played.
    Yep, played about 2 hours this weekend with a family member. Really REALLY fun and interesting so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    I picked it up and played a bit the night of release. Right at the beginning I encountered a game breaking bug with dialogue after an npc left for her room. I haven’t picked it back up since then because I had to close the game in order to leave the dialogue box. The ps5 subreddit was pretty divided in enjoying it and being frustrated with performance and bug issues.
    I've been waiting on a PS5 patch before starting up, so I may finish It Takes Two first.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/04...cial-features/

April software update, it is pretty substantial. IMO, the UI feels snappier, and it was already pretty snappy. Biggest feature for me is probably the ability to archive PS5 games to cold storage...but the biggest qol feature is definite the added option to manage cloud storage of a game by pressing the options button on a game, instead of having to drill down into the gears menu.

A welcome and much needed update all around. I feel there are many minor improvements that I appreciate once I discover them.

I'm also starting Disco Elysium this week on PS5(played about 30 minutes, it is INCREDIBLE, reminds me of Maniac Mansion, Shadowgate, Silverload, and DOS2 - rich world building, absolutely dripping in unique atmosphere, and hilariously arbitrary writing). I have almost finished It Takes Two(amazing game) and I'll be hopping between Disco and Pyre on PS5.

Of note, I tried Subnautica on PS5 and found it beautiful in a "sea game" sort of way, but couldn't get into it. I'm considering giving up. Should I? Is there a goal here? Right now I'm just supposed to be exploring and going back to the little floating base/room when I need food or water or health I guess.

On Switch, I'm still playing Mario 3D World and dipping in and out of A Short Walk collecting golden feathers.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-04-20 at 03:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    [url]

Of note, I tried Subnautica on PS5 and found it beautiful in a "sea game" sort of way, but couldn't get into it. I'm considering giving up. Should I? Is there a goal here? Right now I'm just supposed to be exploring and going back to the little floating base/room when I need food or water or health I guess.
    Subnautica is my favorite game of recent memory. Its a slowburn for the story but there is actually a fairly indepth story. The loop is simple, explore, find material, make new items to allow you to explore further. The ambience if my favorite in any game, and i think the story pays off if you stick with it, but just note, the gameplay loop does not change too drastically.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Subnautica is my favorite game of recent memory. Its a slowburn for the story but there is actually a fairly indepth story. The loop is simple, explore, find material, make new items to allow you to explore further. The ambience if my favorite in any game, and i think the story pays off if you stick with it, but just note, the gameplay loop does not change too drastically.
    Cool, I'll keep at it. I figured I just hadn't gotten far enough yet.

Seems like David Hayter thinks MGS remake might be happening.

https://sirusgaming.com/2021/04/22/m...make-possible/

If so, this would be a second remake, no? I love the game, so I'm good with it.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-04-21 at 09:31 PM.

Shot in the dark - I have a Vizio 4K TV hooked up to my PS5 and when watching HBO Max I get crackling audio sounds sometimes, typically at points of lower volume. I've tried EVERY combination of audio settings on both PS5/TV and just can't seem to fix it. Anyone have this issue/find a fix?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Shot in the dark - I have a Vizio 4K TV hooked up to my PS5 and when watching HBO Max I get crackling audio sounds sometimes, typically at points of lower volume. I've tried EVERY combination of audio settings on both PS5/TV and just can't seem to fix it. Anyone have this issue/find a fix?
    I don’t want to insult your intelligence but have you checked to make sure the hdmi cord is secure and/or tried a different cord/port?

I found this on Reddit. Might help.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5/comment..._audio_issues/

Yes fixed the problem with my Vizio TV, but I guess it’s also a two fold issue with my VIZIO TV. As I now noticed it does it with my nintendo switch.

But for the PS5 in your audio settings you want to update the audio data stream - I changed mine from PCM to bitstream.

And if you’re watching a blu-ray movie in the app for PS5 you also want to update the audio settings in there so it’s from PCM to Bitstream. This here was the issue that solved it for me. Apparently you have to update the audio setting in the blu ray player app as well for audio. Now I can watch 4K Ultra HD and Blu Ray movies without audio cutting out on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    I don’t want to insult your intelligence but have you checked to make sure the hdmi cord is secure and/or tried a different cord/port?

I found this on Reddit. Might help.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5/comment..._audio_issues/
    No offense taken. It's a solid ask, but yeah I did. I tried 3x different HDMI cables across all 3 ports in the TV (just to see if it was a janky port). I did also read that post and it wasn't a help.

I'm starting to think it's specifically an HBO Max issue (not encoding right or something, but they dont have settings for their app/player that I can find). I have not heard nor experienced this across any other media or game on PS5.

No offense taken. It's a solid ask, but yeah I did. I tried 3x different HDMI cables across all 3 ports in the TV (just to see if it was a janky port). I did also read that post and it wasn't a help.

I'm starting to think it's specifically an HBO Max issue (not encoding right or something, but they dont have settings for their app/player that I can find). I have not heard nor experienced this across any other media or game on PS5.
    Yeah, no clue. Only things I'd think of would be cables (you checked) or having like, an older HDMI port (1.4 vs. 2.0/2.1) that might be causing issues, but if it was I imagine it'd be affecting more than just HBO Max if it was a port issue.

Okay, let me say this. First, some good news that isn't a rumor, Hades took another goty from D.I.C.E.:

https://www.ign.com/articles/dice-aw...ll-the-winners

Yay. That game ain't on Playstation right this second, but I suspect it will eventually be. It is a must play, epic game, and I'll rebuy on PS5 if they put it out. Good on them picking up these awards.

Also, wow, I think Returnal might end up being legit. It's getting INCREDIBLE previews. My spidey sense is tingling about this one being good, haven't felt that since Horizon. So I'm going to use an aggregate for the links here, but I'm not affiliated with them, it is just easier to compile the links this way. LOOK at this previews. This game just got me very interested:

https://n4g.com/news/2413258/returna...al-preview-ign

https://n4g.com/news/2413319/returna...s5-game-kotaku

https://n4g.com/news/2413225/returna...-exclusive-yet

https://n4g.com/news/2413432/youre-g...urnal-gamespew

https://n4g.com/news/2413331/returna...ring-eurogamer

https://n4g.com/news/2413265/returna...s-thesixthaxis

Housemarque feels like they have been on the verge of greatness. Sony PR and hopefully the game itself is setting them up for success here, I can't wait to see if the game is worthy.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-04-22 at 08:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

I’ll download max on my ps5 and see if I have a similar issue (I use my ISP’s stream box for it)

Update: not noticing any audio glitches on my CX running HBO Max on the ps5. I’ve tried both the tv speakers and through my soundbar.
    Last edited by Fallen Angel; 2021-04-22 at 08:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The HBO Max on the PlayStation story is crappy but in haven't had audio issues.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The HBO Max on the PlayStation story is crappy but in haven't had audio issues.
    I think HBO Max is crappy in general. I use it on my Roku TV and it's slow as hell.

amazing

Amazon's official Playstation channel is now selling PS5's at 2x the MSRP

You could drop $700 on a GTX 3080 and have $300 left over.

And yet, people are paying this price? People are THAT desperate to play Miles Morales, the only PS5 exclusive?

EDIT: Nevermind! Seems to be a third party scalper.

Still boggles my mind people are still buying. Just wait!
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-04-23 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    EDIT: Nevermind! Seems to be a third party scalper.

Still boggles my mind people are still buying. Just wait!
    Was about to say, the archive link goes to PandaVida Inc. Sony would never price it like that, there's literally no reason to whatsoever and if it was there it was likely due to an error. This is the kind of like, "Holy shit how shitty do you think these companies you give your money to are?" kinda thing, because it's weird you'd assume Sony would list their console for more double the MSRP. It's literally their MSRP.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I think HBO Max is crappy in general. I use it on my Roku TV and it's slow as hell.
    Yeah, it freezes more than any other TV app on my Nvidia Shield.

That said, I've used it on PS5 since they launched the app on PS5, which I believe wasn't long ago and was well after the PS5 came out(because I was mad it wasn't there at first), iirc. I haven't had any audio issues, but I've definitely had some weird latency between button press and movement of the outline cursor on PS5. It's better on PS5 than on Nvidia shield though, in my experience, because I don't think I've seen a hard freeze on PS5 like I've experienced on Shield. The shield does AI upscaling of the content though, but that only really noticeably helps when the content is running on my slow internet connection and starts in lower rez, imo.

I'm running a CX with a Sony soundbar. My audio is no longer through toslink or arc, I'm running a component rca pair with a 3.5mm aux adapter to the soundbar from the TV output, iirc. This has helped address some perceived latency issues I've had with the soundbar, and while not the perfect audio experience, I alternate between that and headphones.

I didn't read the sound problem mentioned above, but my first step for any sound problem is to see if it is also happening on the aux plug pass-through on the remote, via headphones. If headphones over the controller and TV audio are both experiencing the same issue, the problem is probably software related I would imagine....I guess it could still be hardware maybe but that hardware issue would likely need to source from within the PS5's internal components, and probably not on one of the ports. Of course it could certainly be an undetermined issue external to the playstation if the issue didn't persist over the controller audio port or an incorrect audio software setting on the system itself...or simply a compatibility issue with some piece of kit that the Playstation or HBO Max doesn't like.

Yeah, if the problem doesn't exist over the controller audio, I'd then try to see if the problem happened on another TV setup, like my bedroom TV. If it isn't happening any other location but the original TV setup, then there we are. If it persists at all checked locations...well that's a tough one. Time to call Sony, maybe and see what they recommend then.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-04-23 at 02:42 PM.

I loved PS1
    loved PS2
    disliked the PS3
    have a PS4 but don't have any feelings about it.

I don't think I'll be buying a PS5, since it's just a weaker version of my PC at this point.

Video games, in the broader sense, aren't fungible. That's why I shop Playstation, Nintendo, and PC.

...that said, I thought I heard that some Xbox games are not also on PC via gamepass, is that true? If so, I may need an Xbox too, if those games are good.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-04-23 at 04:29 PM.