You guys/gals can be picky all you want on game prices blah blah blah, I just want to be able to buy one without having to resort to paying a scalper. I check multiple sites daily and still no luck. Now and then I'll catch them on gamestop's online site but I've never been able to complete a purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    It can be, but you can go runs and runs without getting a permanent upgrade and so many things have a negative drawback that far outweighs the positives so sometimes you dont even get good run upgrades. It gets better when you get the hookshot at least
    Of course, I don't know for sure if this would work or not, but with a mid-run save system(IF they do implement it), one could probably...save and quit, upload current save to PS+, restart game. If they die, or make a mistake, close game, redownload save, pick back up where they left off. Update the save with every good run as needed to reduce frustration.

This type of save scum system works on Demon's Souls PS5, and even on Hades for Switch using Nintendo Switch online. Of course, it could be(I assume) arbitrarily blocked by a developer if they so chose, and with returnal which has difficulty as a selling point, it wouldn't surprise me if they did...but imo they should just let it happen.

Unfortunately, I was worried about Returnal for the reason you mentioned. There is a perfect balance to offering upgrades/narrative progression after each run in a roguelite, and reading reviews did make me a little worried they were too conservative with the progression. I'm looking to purchase when it drops down in price, but I do love these types of games now, so I'm still pretty hyped.

On a side note, I am absolutely against adding an easy mode, I think that is a lazy implementation of accessability. At the same time, I'm also against devs trying to combat save scum from online cloud saves. Let that be a system wide decision by Sony. PC can just copy/paste their saves, let PS5 compete, and also how did anyone get a golden chocobo in FFVII without save scumming? If anyone did get that without save scumming, I'm willing to accept their argument against it, lol.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-05-05 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Of course, I don't know for sure if this would work or not, but with a mid-run save system(IF they do implement it), one could probably...save and quit, upload current save to PS+, restart game. If they die, or make a mistake, close game, redownload save, pick back up where they left off. Update the save with every good run as needed to reduce frustration.
    Two things.

1) If someone wants to do all of that then I say let them. Who cares its just a single player game.

2) It doesn't matter since its already came out that you can access the debug mode if you hook up a keyboard and mouse.
    https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/s...02624236781570
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Returnal/co...need_keyboard/

This is something that is 100% suppose to be disabled and its very likely Housemarque is in trouble with Sony over the fact it wasn't disabled. They did release a patch to disable it but if you got a physical copy you can avoid that update.

There needs to be a save. No different then how Dark Souls works. Just hit exit and it saves where your standing. Everyone who had their system in rest mode when the update dropped today lost their run because it closes the game when it updates.

Its really dumb when all rogue-lites that are worth a dam have a save system. Even Binding of Isaac does.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2021-05-05 at 09:58 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Has anyone gotten Returnal, it looks nice and I see some good reviews. I just wanted the sense of the game from people who aren't paid to make reviews.
    I’m having an absolute blast with it. And I say that as someone who doesn’t have a ton of experience with this style of game. Even on a bad run, it makes you want to jump right back in and go again. The gunplay feels great, movement is very precise and even you die, it never feels cheap. It’s definitely on the harder side, but I don’t think it’s THAT hard. As far as I’m concerned, it’s completely worth the price tag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    It can be, but you can go runs and runs without getting a permanent upgrade and so many things have a negative drawback that far outweighs the positives so sometimes you dont even get good run upgrades. It gets better when you get the hookshot at least
    It plays like most roguelikes. If you're thinking Hades, Hades is extremely generous in the amount of permanent upgrades it gives...hell it even comes with an 'easy mode'. It's an exception. A run with crappy upgrades? That's roguelikes. Buffs that comes with drawbacks? Roguelikes. Hell I think Returnals 'curses' are a bit too easy to clear most times.

Whether you like Returnals permanent offerings is extremely preferential but it's in line with most roguelikes.

One thing it does is sort of 'preserve' rooms if you died on a boss so you don't have to redo an entire run.

Not having a way to save mid run needs to be patched in ASAP though. Telling people to put their console in rest mode isn't a solution.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Not having a way to save mid run needs to be patched in ASAP though. Telling people to put their console in rest mode isn't a solution.
    Nope it isn't and the game got a update today. So anyone who had it in rest mode just lost their run as well.

The game is really good in many ways. But there is a few design choices that makes me scratch my head.

Edit: So as of this edit they are reverting back to the last patch and will relaunch the new one in a few hours because of a bug. So more people are about to be fucked in their progress..

There needs to be a save. Game is awesome but until there is a save system ill wait before playing more.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2021-05-06 at 12:10 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Two things.

1) If someone wants to do all of that then I say let them. Who cares its just a single player game.

2) It doesn't matter since its already came out that you can access the debug mode if you hook up a keyboard and mouse.
    https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/s...02624236781570
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Returnal/co...need_keyboard/

This is something that is 100% suppose to be disabled and its very likely Housemarque is in trouble with Sony over the fact it wasn't disabled. They did release a patch to disable it but if you got a physical copy you can avoid that update.

There needs to be a save. No different then how Dark Souls works. Just hit exit and it saves where your standing. Everyone who had their system in rest mode when the update dropped today lost their run because it closes the game when it updates.

Its really dumb when all rogue-lites that are worth a dam have a save system. Even Binding of Isaac does.
    Agree, and I guess I really need to play Binding of Isaac and Dead Cells.

I should've just bought the PS5 off my niece's boyfriend for €600 a couple of months back, she told me he was selling... can't imagine myself getting one now anytime soon and RE8 is coming out this midnight, ARGH!

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021...lter_internals

Supposedly some new internals coming in PS5's starting in 2022. Nothing huge and unlikely to really affect much, but might be a bit more power efficient.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Just read that post and yikes. Imagine being "pro consumer" but disliking consoles that make gaming more accessible for the masses.
    Being pro consumer doesn't mean liking anti consumer products like consoles. There's going to be a point when the Disc-less version of the PS5 may create a controversy in the future, in terms of where you can buy your games. You can include the Xbox Series S because this applies to those consumers as well. It may not seem like an issue now because we're just at the beginning stages of this move to 100% digital downloads, but at some point the digital store will be a crutch. Prices won't go down as much as in the past, and you risk losing your account and games you bought like this Apple user who is suing Apple for the $25k worth of apps he purchased and lost because his account was banned. Now imagine that being your PSN account.

Another example is Sony has graciously given Playstation owners Discord. Just like how Sony has graciously given you cross play, by charging a fee to use it. Do you know who has had cross play that doesn't charge a fee? Do you know who has had Discord for years without needing the blessing of Sony? You will be at the whim of the company in terms of what you do can with your hardware. Remember who told you this warning.

If I say giving PS4 owners ports of newer games is pro-consumer that doesn't mean I embrace consoles as a whole. I do not support the concept of a walled garden, as recent events of Sony's escapades has clearly shown to be problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Being pro consumer doesn't mean liking anti consumer products like consoles.
    By being pro consumer you would rather consumer have less games and less options to play games .

Yes, you are the biggest pro consumer person ever. Not really, you are just using a cheap buzzword and trying to claim it as part of your agenda when it has nothing to do with it.

To be honest, you get a lot of hardware for little money. That said, I sold mine for almost triple the retail price because it doesn't have any interesting games and because people were stupid enough to pay 1250 euro for it.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    To be honest, you get a lot of hardware for little money. That said, I sold mine for almost triple the retail price because it doesn't have any interesting games and because people were stupid enough to pay 1250 euro for it.
    To be honest, and I'm a pro pc guy, 1250 is still a great price if you compare it to pc hardware nowadays.

That said, I would never pay that out of principle obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    By being pro consumer you would rather consumer have less games and less options to play games .
    That's not how this works. The hardware you choose to use limits where you can buy your games. If you buy a disc-less PS5 then physical copies are off the table, including used copies of games. The Playstation Store doesn't give you choices, as it's the only choice. You don't get Steam or Epic as a choice to buy games on the PS5. This is the whole Epic vs Apple lawsuit that's going on right now, and Apple even mentioned that this applies to the console industry as well. “If Epic prevails, other ecosystems will fall too"
    Yes, you are the biggest pro consumer person ever. Not really, you are just using a cheap buzzword and trying to claim it as part of your agenda when it has nothing to do with it.
    Yes, and I'm not ashamed of it. I'm all for giving PS5 owners the choice to buy their games from other online stores, just like I'm all for giving PS4 ports of games going past 2020. Lets see how that $70 price tag holds up when consumers have real choice. Sony's competition right now is more like an oligopoly, because they made it that way. I trash talk Microsoft and Xbox all the time but Microsoft is showing big moves to support multiple platforms. A lot of Xbox's games like Ori and the Will of the Wisps and Minecraft are even on the Switch. I like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    That's a smart move because as of right now there's no unique games for the PS5. When Sony does release a decent amount of games that's for the PS5 only is probably when PS5's won't be scalped.
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    To be honest, and I'm a pro pc guy, 1250 is still a great price if you compare it to pc hardware nowadays.

That said, I would never pay that out of principle obviously.
    The price of GPU's are insane. I would write off 2021 in terms of buying PC hardware. I'd extend that to consoles, unless you can find it at MSRP.
    Last edited by Vash The Stampede; 2021-05-09 at 01:21 AM.

I just decided I needed Judgement, and then ran across this little tidbit.

https://www.vg247.com/2021/04/24/jud...-coming-may-7/

Is the new Judgement PC release....Stadia only, lol? WOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, if true I wonder why? Money I would guess.

edit: There is a countdown, maybe that will announce a Steam release(or a sequel)?
    edit2: found this, so hopefully it will get there: https://www.thegamer.com/judgment-co...steam-release/

I honestly have no idea how this slipped by me. Maybe these plans were made before Stadia started to scale back?

edit3: and there it is, Lost Judgement: https://sirusgaming.com/2021/05/07/l...ked-psn-japan/
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-05-07 at 03:07 PM.

Sony Now Expecting PS5 Shortages to Continue Into Next Year

Sigh.

Those who have a PS5: How did you get it? My brother spammed refresh on BestBuy, but I always miss the Twitter notifications about sales.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post

Sigh.

Those who have a PS5: How did you get it? My brother spammed refresh on BestBuy, but I always miss the Twitter notifications about sales.
    i was with a discord and info got out that gamestop was going to sell systems at the store and it was a low chance and i got lucky and ordered my and got it december 24th the day before xmas. but before that i thought i got khols and they gave me 180$ store credit for the mix up. but i checked online all the time i was consumed and let me tell you this much. Yes the ps5 is faster. loading and all that, but the ps4 pro is not that bad at all at 4k graphics. there are not a lot of games on ps5. and anything that was an upgrade feels like a pc upgrade. like my computer looks just as good as my ps5. so take it all with a grain of salt, it is not die or need yet if you already have a system like a computer or a ps4 pro.

Sigh.

I saw a tweet saying they were up for preorder at Bestbuy.ca, I went to the website and placed an order.

I honestly feel bad about how painless the whole experience was compared to some of the stories I've heard.

Sigh.

I used Nowinstock/Telegram stock alerts. Download the app on your phone and it will ping you when someone reports stock at a retailer.
    After a while I just decided to target only direct.playstation to get it. They have by far the most professional buying system that doesn't make you feel like a lowly peasant for not having bots running 24/7 stealing PS5s from people.
    Go over there and sign up. Look at the page randomly and if the page is showing a queue, let the queue play out (multiple tabs don't work and it's not really necessary). If you get to the front of the queue and the page loads, and they have PS5s, they give you like 20 minutes to complete the order. Great buying experience considering all the shit people have been going through.

Looks like Ratchet and Clank will only be able to run at 4K/30fps or 1080p/60fps.

Imagine having a next Gen console in 2021 and the first real big AAA first party title for it is already being gimped by the hardware. Only took six months for the PS5 to hit its limits. How pathetic.

Just goes to show that Sony deciding to go with less powerful CPU/GPU and choosing to go with what is in essence RDNA 1.5 instead of waiting for the full 2.0 suite like MS did is already coming back to bite them in the butt. This is what happens when a company releases a half baked console (still can’t even add in extra storage yet can you? Lol).