Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Imagine creating a new account just so you can have an irrelevant whinge about a gaming console.
    Irrelevant and very uninformed whine.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    That's a smart move because as of right now there's no unique games for the PS5. When Sony does release a decent amount of games that's for the PS5 only is probably when PS5's won't be scalped.
    I mean, at this point I'd be willing to pay $500 for a PS5, and I only really have interest in Demon's Souls. Granted, I want to buy the version of the console with a disc drive so I can nab stuff from the used market later on down the road. But as it is, both hardware and software are virtually and effectively non-existent right now.

I have to imagine Sony execs are foaming at the mouth at all the business they're missing out on by not being able to meet demand. But then again, I also have to imagine that if the entire console market wasn't so laden with so many god damned exclusives, this scarcity issue wouldn't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Next Gen What View Post
    Looks like Ratchet and Clank will only be able to run at 4K/30fps or 1080p/60fps.

Imagine having a next Gen console in 2021 and the first real big AAA first party title for it is already being gimped by the hardware. Only took six months for the PS5 to hit its limits. How pathetic.

Just goes to show that Sony deciding to go with less powerful CPU/GPU and choosing to go with what is in essence RDNA 1.5 instead of waiting for the full 2.0 suite like MS did is already coming back to bite them in the butt. This is what happens when a company releases a half baked console (still can’t even add in extra storage yet can you? Lol).
    Making a new account to complain about a game that looks better then anything on the market. I can taste the salt in your veins right now.

Also by time everything is patched in it will probably have the same options Spidey does, 4k Ray tracing at 30 fps, 4k no ray tracing at 60 fps and 1080 ray tracing at 60 fps. They have constantly patched and updated Spidey's graphical options since launch so if you think the same dev has anything set in stone a month before launch you are terribly clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Sony Now Expecting PS5 Shortages to Continue Into Next Year

Sigh.

Those who have a PS5: How did you get it? My brother spammed refresh on BestBuy, but I always miss the Twitter notifications about sales.
    Watched a few trackers and went to the websites of the stores that were getting them in stock 20+ minutes ahead of time and just kept hitting refresh. Ended up having to get a bundle as the system alone were going WAY too fast.

Working from home gave me some flexibility as the stock would typically drop in the middle of the work day.

I ended up getting mine through GameStop after like a month of doing that almost daily.

10+ Year Old Account

Sigh.

Those who have a PS5: How did you get it? My brother spammed refresh on BestBuy, but I always miss the Twitter notifications about sales.
    I got mine after GameStop had sent an email about a limited availability restock. I was constantly refreshing their site after I got that email. Lots of people recommend checking the restock Twitter accounts that track them. It’s probably still going to be a fight between you and everyone else on who can refresh the page the quickest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Next Gen What View Post
    Looks like Ratchet and Clank will only be able to run at 4K/30fps or 1080p/60fps.

Imagine having a next Gen console in 2021 and the first real big AAA first party title for it is already being gimped by the hardware. Only took six months for the PS5 to hit its limits. How pathetic.
    To be fair it has Ray-Tracing, which not many PC graphic cards today can do 4k/60fps with Ray-Tracing. Did people really think the PS5 was going to make 4k/60fps standard? The PS3 could do 1080p and the PS4 still struggled to get games running at 1080p as well. If Ray-Tracing wasn't a thing then sure, but Ray-Tracing kills performance.
    Just goes to show that Sony deciding to go with less powerful CPU/GPU and choosing to go with what is in essence RDNA 1.5 instead of waiting for the full 2.0 suite like MS did is already coming back to bite them in the butt. This is what happens when a company releases a half baked console (still can’t even add in extra storage yet can you? Lol).
    When was it said that the PS5 is using RDNA 1.5? I want the source to this info.

Sigh.

Super easy for me.

Decided one Sunday I wanted a ps5. Opened craigslist, tons listed at MSRP - picked one up that afternoon. I live in the DC area though so if you don't live near a city, I can imagine it would be tough.

Interesting commentary about RE4 remake.

https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1/...276168707?s=19

Is RE1 remake or RE0 out for PS4 or Switch...or even Xbox, just curious?
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-05-18 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Interesting commentary about RE4 remake.

https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1/...276168707?s=19

Is RE1 remake or RE0 out for PS4 or Switch...or even Xbox, just curious?
    Asking if a RE game is on X platform is almost always a yes. RE1 and RE0 are on PS4, Switch and Xbox one. Hell they are on Wii, 360 and PS3 for that matter and ofc on PC. Capcom ports all their RE games to everything(well as long as the system can handle the port, Switch gets stuck with cloud version of 7 and probably 8 in the future).

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Asking if a RE game is on X platform is almost always a yes. RE1 and RE0 are on PS4, Switch and Xbox one. Hell they are on Wii, 360 and PS3 for that matter and ofc on PC. Capcom ports all their RE games to everything(well as long as the system can handle the port, Switch gets stuck with cloud version of 7 and probably 8 in the future).
    Okay thanks, lol, I got a strong urge to go back and play 0 and 1 again. I've been playing 8 and got the hype going.

10+ Year Old Account
    GameStop is doing another online only restock soon.

In comes Square Enix who is rumored to have Team Ninja making a white label souls-like with the Final Fantasy IP(nioh clone anyone? I hope so), with lots of details:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaks...actionfocused/

Still a rumor at this point, but signs point to possible. As a gigantic Nioh 1 and 2, Final Fantasy, Souls, and Fallen Order fanboy I approve.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    In comes Square Enix who is rumored to have Team Ninja making a white label souls-like with the Final Fantasy IP(nioh clone anyone? I hope so), with lots of details:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaks...actionfocused/

Still a rumor at this point, but signs point to possible. As a gigantic Nioh 1 and 2, Final Fantasy, Souls, and Fallen Order fanboy I approve.
    Shit, I still need to try Fallen Order. I'm not the biggest "souls" fan overall, so this being rumored to be "easier" is a good thing. Very curious to see how this all pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Shit, I still need to try Fallen Order. I'm not the biggest "souls" fan overall, so this being rumored to be "easier" is a good thing. Very curious to see how this all pans out.
    I hate souls like games as well, just not what I'm looking for in my gaming sessions. I thoroughly enjoyed Jedi: Fallen Order because it offers a really good balance between story, game play, challenge and fun. I highly recommend it.

Would be super excited and happy with a Final Fantasy game in the same vein as Fallen Order.

It's good, and actually has a pretty strong start, but gets much better towards the end. However, there is one big thing, the animations are terrible, like PS2 game terrible. If you can get past that, it has a strong start an average middle, and a great final act. The environmental puzzles all work, and it ended up being pretty great imo.

The story, actually, and the characters(as dull as Cal is at first) really stick with you, and it has one of my favorite characters EVER in Star Wars but this character doesn't appear until close to the end, so yeah. It's worth it. I think a lot of the original hate it got revolved around bad performance on PS4, slow loading, and some other issues. The game itself is greater than the sum of its parts, and I liked it.

- - - Updated - - -

I would think Square-Enix would not put that out without at least an easy mode, but if I was guessing I bet this is more like normal being actually normal like Fallen Order. In other words, I would guess the game will be less restricting on the difficulty than a standard souls game(or at least an easy mode option), just a guess. It would be very easy to re-balance those games to be more mainstream to match the IP, and Square is all about reach with this IP. I bet it ends up having more broad appeal than Nioh 3 would, if it happens.

Edit: Thinking of fighting a Malboro, Cactuar, and Tonberry in Nioh 2, lol.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-05-25 at 06:19 PM.

Souls games don't hold your hand but they by and large are not difficult at all. There are some exceptions, Bloodborne, DS2 and DS3 DLC are all by far harder then anything in the base games by a long shot but otherwise not really. Still not sure how this meme came into existence for a franchise that started with Demon's Souls which is one of the easiest ARPGs you can ever play.

Just make a game without a notable tutorial and its hard these days I guess /shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Souls games don't hold your hand but they by and large are not difficult at all. There are some exceptions, Bloodborne, DS2 and DS3 DLC are all by far harder then anything in the base games by a long shot but otherwise not really. Still not sure how this meme came into existence for a franchise that started with Demon's Souls which is one of the easiest ARPGs you can ever play.

Just make a game without a notable tutorial and its hard these days I guess /shrug.
    I'm bad at games? I've tried Dark Souls 1/3 a few times and never quite "clicked" with me, nor did Nioh 1 when I played it a while back. Just not my jam, I'm a lazy gamer nowadays.

I'm bad at games? I've tried Dark Souls 1/3 a few times and never quite "clicked" with me, nor did Nioh 1 when I played it a while back. Just not my jam, I'm a lazy gamer nowadays.
    There are people who are bad at games and have finished the entire franchise, not like souls is only played by the most pro gamers in existence or it would be extremely niche and no where near as popular. Souls games for the most part are as difficult as a typical ARPG just without tutorials that pop up to teach you every new mechanic the first time they're introduced.

Nioh is definitely different and I'm not talking about it, Nioh plays like a Ninja Gaiden game that had some inspiration from souls on top and is definitely harder then the Souls franchise. Team Ninja is known for this. I expect square to force an easy mode on them if they let them use the FF IP for this very reason.

- - - Updated - - -

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/05...state-of-play/ Horizon state of play on Thursday. Somehow Sony just keeps churning out games, despite COVID. Showcase like this usually has a release date reveal, so the people who where saying it would be delayed out of 2021 are looking a tad silly atm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nioh 2 was so good, it's the best soulslike besides sekiro

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't finished Nioh 2, but I thought Nioh 1 was way easier than the Souls games. The AI is very easy to abuse in it as most of their attacks have minimal tracking, but yeah the Souls games are not overly difficult.