Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Even better news.
    Honestly...skimmed through the video and holy shit it's as cringe, if not more cringe, than the cherry picked examples the guy used.

I know half of y'all give 0 shits about fighters but Street Fighter 6's starting roster was absolutely leaked

https://mobile.twitter.com/PerfectLe...940608/photo/1

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    I know half of y'all give 0 shits about fighters but Street Fighter 6's starting roster was absolutely leaked

https://mobile.twitter.com/PerfectLe...940608/photo/1
    I'm more just enjoying twitter cry about racism about their designs

SF6...I don't like the artstyle. I might still be in for the game of course, depends on the gameplay. The art could grow on me. I'm wait and see at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    SF6...I don't like the artstyle. I might still be in for the game of course, depends on the gameplay. The art could grow on me. I'm wait and see at this point.
    It's the best art style SF has had since 3rd Strike.

4 and 5 are ugly as fucking sin and I'm glad they are moving away from that look.

Art style is great to me..and most of the fans seem to think so too but really the characters look PHENOMENAL but really it's the mechanics that has me excited the Drive system looks amazingly fun and brings back the best of the past games

Here is an example of the Sony dumping from the supposed gaming media that I was talking about. Particularly, the part about how Resident Evil 4 remake isn't exciting is a big, BIG gap in logic. Like, was RE2 also not exciting? I mean, maybe it's just me and I'm overly sensitive, but doesn't this article just sound like a series of terrible, almost unbelievable takes or is it me?

https://www.techradar.com/opinion/ps...e-making-waves

Someone complaining because Playstation is getting Final Fantasy and Resident Evil, like it is old news just because of the IP. It feels agenda driven to me, I have no idea if it is(or just click bait, or just a bad(imo) take). The points here make no sense. Would anybody actually argue these points? Granted it could just be that so many articles are out for clicks due to controversy today as well, or someone with an opinion that I find bad, but wow at this. The whole bit about the PS4....Sony's arrogance...changes in gaming(implying gamepass and consolidation?) suddenly making the idea of consoles wars and a big gaming platform "old-fashioned"(except apparently in this article where we will dump on Sony's pretty awesome recent sop) just seem like reading between the lines this is an advertisement for Xbox frankly. If I was on a competing marketing team I couldn't have spun that state of play this passive-aggressively.

Also, reading the article, apparently, Sony is being left behind by the wider industry.....because of gamepass and crossplay.....just wow. Also, apparently AAA games do matter, since Stray, indie noodling, or VR won't make us subscribe to Sony's service in a million years...yikes.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-06-07 at 01:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Here is an example of the Sony dumping from the supposed gaming media that I was talking about. Particularly, the part about how Resident Evil 4 remake isn't exciting is a big, BIG gap in logic. Like, was RE2 also not exciting? I mean, maybe it's just me and I'm overly sensitive, but doesn't this article just sound like a series of terrible, almost unbelievable takes or is it me?

Someone complaining because Playstation is getting Final Fantasy and Resident Evil, like it is old news just because of the IP. It feels agenda driven to me, I have no idea if it is(or just click bait, or just a bad(imo) take). The points here make no sense. Would anybody actually argue these points? Granted it could just be that so many articles are out for clicks due to controversy today as well, or someone with an opinion that I find bad, but wow at this. The whole bit about the PS4....Sony's arrogance...changes in gaming(implying gamepass and consolidation?) suddenly making the idea of consoles wars and a big gaming platform "old-fashioned"(except apparently in this article where we will dump on Sony's pretty awesome recent sop) just seem like reading between the lines this is an advertisement for Xbox frankly. If I was on a competing marketing team I couldn't have spun that state of play this passive-aggressively.

Not saying that this is necessarily an agenda driven article or that this isn't a valid opinion.
    First of all you shouldn't care about what other people think and second of all you really shouldn't care about what game bloggers think because they aren't people

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I'm more just enjoying twitter cry about racism about their designs
    Looking at that... what racism? o.O

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Looking at that... what racism? o.O
    Theyre mainly complaining about the mexican chick with the indian feather

First world problems propagated by virtue signalling white folk who got nothing else better to do.

Colour be shocked!

Practically the whole roster of SF are caricatures from where they originate...

Though looking at her Mexican wouldn't be what I'd imagine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    First world problems propagated by virtue signalling white folk who got nothing else better to do.

Colour be shocked!

Practically the whole roster of SF are caricatures from where they originate...

Though looking at her Mexican wouldn't be what I'd imagine.
    Pretty much. Personally i think it looks good but im not into fighting games so doubt ill pick it up

Do these people not know or understand that tribes of all kinds, around the world, used feathers in their culture and the tribes in what is now Mexico are no exception?

There were several noteworthy tribes within Mexico....The Olmec, Teotihuacan, the Toltec, the Aztec, Zapotec, Mixtec, and the Maya. She could be representing pretty much any one of them.

Some people are just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Do these people not know or understand that tribes of all kinds, around the world, used feathers in their culture and the tribes in what is now Mexico are no exception?

There were several noteworthy tribes within Mexico....The Olmec, Teotihuacan, the Toltec, the Aztec, Zapotec, Mixtec, and the Maya. She could be representing pretty much any one of them.

Some people are just stupid.
    Well not to mention there is literally a character in street fighter who is also Mexican with the feather

https://streetfighter.fandom.com/wiki/T._Hawk

Also, reading the article, apparently, Sony is being left behind by the wider industry.....because of gamepass and crossplay.....just wow. Also, apparently AAA games do matter, since Stray, indie noodling, or VR won't make us subscribe to Sony's service in a million years...yikes.
    Is it not common knowledge re4 is coming to all platforms at the same time? while sony didnt say exclusive people seem to think it is just because it was announced on thier stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Is it not common knowledge re4 is coming to all platforms at the same time? while sony didnt say exclusive people seem to think it is just because it was announced on thier stream.
    Uhh I thought he was mentioning it because the VR version or w/e they showed is PSVR2 exclusive if they really think RE4 is exclusive to PS5 they are beyond hope and not people he should be taking serious.

Those people should have said something back in the day with T Hawk.

The Quarry reviews just came out for PC and really they are relatively very good if you consider the 79 Until Dawn ended up with.

I loved Until Dawn and was hoping The Quarry would be a return to form. Based on these reviews, I will be buying this when it releases Friday, on PS5, but it is a multiplat for everything but Switch:

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-quarry

Until Dawn fans be hyped. If it's like Until Dawn, it'll be a short game with multiple paths basically just QTE gameplay, BUT, the atmosphere in Until Dawn was so good, and the narrative direction was awesome. Been wanting a real followup for ages.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I can only speculate about the article, but it appears to me that with their title, "PS5 State of Play shows Sony's treading water when it should be making waves" that the author is complaining because of the games Sony chose to showcase(the reasons are way too convoluted or completely missing in the article for me to understand). Because they were sequels(maybe? I guess? I don't know?). I guess some people would rather hear about gamepass or something. Not me though, I completely disagree with the article and think it is at best, a terrible take.

I assume the author knows RE4 is multiplat or they are WAY too out of touch to write a gaming article.

The article also indicates the console war is over. Maybe for platform holders, but apparently Twitter and youtube content creators missed the memo.

- - - Updated - - -

9/10 from gamespot, hype!

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/the.../1900-6417892/

This will be a fun game. I was not able to support Until Dawn at launch because I discovered it late, I've corrected my error here. It's 70 bucks, but they need to be rewarded for finally doing what many have been wanting for a long time, just make an Until Dawn followup that is almost as good as the first one. With only reviews to go by, after reading many of them, it appears they earned my money with this one.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-06-08 at 04:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's all great with the new games, but when are they finally releasing more PS5 units?

Here in Europe they are basically unobtainium, and it's been almost 2 years since release (unless you are willing to pay scalpers double). Come the FUCK on Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    That's all great with the new games, but when are they finally releasing more PS5 units?

Here in Europe they are basically unobtainium, and it's been almost 2 years since release (unless you are willing to pay scalpers double). Come the FUCK on Sony.
    Supply chain issues and chip shortages haven't really gone away. Sucks, but Sony can't just magically find more chips or production/shipping capacity that doesn't exist. At least unless they want to spend absurd amounts and eat massive losses.