Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    In Japan they wouldn't take your money, they'd be insulted if you tried to tip them.
    Yeah, unless it's for an additional service they wont take it. If it's more a gift though they will, friend gave little key ring kiwis to the tour guides which were happily accepted ^^

Just a marketing scheme. If you hike the prices to cover for employees benefits you might get a backlash. Put a charge for "poor employees health and their children!" and ah suckers will chip in.

Any time there's a mandatory gratuity I subtract that amount from the tip I give the server. Same thing with delivery charges. It's not worth my effort to complain so I'll just do it myself.

The Unstoppable Force breadisfunny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Any time there's a mandatory gratuity I subtract that amount from the tip I give the server. Same thing with delivery charges. It's not worth my effort to complain so I'll just do it myself.
    around here most restaurants and fine dining establishments include the tip in your bill.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    around here most restaurants and fine dining establishments include the tip in your bill.
    Yeah I know, but a lot of times they still leave a spot for a tip. I just put 0 if they do that. Happens also if you're in a large party at lots of places too.

people sure have a lot of opinions about a business they've clearly never worked in
    <Formality> of Proudmoore 13/13M -- US 26 MW Monk
    Twitch

I had one restaurant put a tip on my check and I was going to tip more than what was on the bill. Instead, I paid my check and never went back.

They were closed within 6 months.
    "The doctrine of mutually assured destruction has ended war between the superpowers long enough for them to become so economically entrenched in each other that war would now mean disaster." --- Some Random person on Reddit

Quote Originally Posted by RumbleShakes View Post
    I heard from every European that I've met they don't tip at restaurants in Europe. Is this true? I know they tip other people like delivery men.
    Never tipped anyone in Europe except taxi drivers.