Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    Over 9000! Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    9,520
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I remember about 8 or 9 years ago I made an account JUST to tell people how dumb it is to base the games state off sub numbers.. I explained that unless they are buying Actiblizz stock: sub numbers mean absolutely NOTHING

    One thing I find funny too: If people here think blizz gives a flying fuck about sub numbers, WHY would they allow BFA to even happen. Why not just make the game literally what everyone wants.. KNOW WHY: Because blizz works as a collective, no single person makes every decision. Until people understand this, they will continue to be sheep
    I can not disagree with anything you've said here.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Except for those that want to use the sub numbers and their change to bolster some position they have...

    - - - Updated - - -



    If, in fact, as you claim the sub numbers are important to the investors, then Blizzard would still be using them. They are important to the uninformed who attempt to disingenuously use them as a weapon. Now we know you aren't disingenuous, are you?
    That's some grade a tinfoil hat material you have going there .
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    If people here think blizz gives a flying fuck about sub numbers, WHY would they allow BFA to even happen. Why not just make the game literally what everyone wants.. KNOW WHY: Because blizz works as a collective, no single person makes every decision.
    This is rolling the eyes a little. Blizzard can "just" make the game literally what everyone wants? Really? Moreover, they don't do it because they "work as a collective"? What?

    Stop it. Blizzard cannot make the game what everyone wants. This is impossible. They do care about sub numbers. They made BFA to their best ability and wanted it to be good, but we have what we have because that's their best ability now. Plus because they were told to stop early and release before schedule. Likely to please some stupid quarterly metric.

  4. #84
    They stopped using sub numbers when the game lost half the subs in a few months time, the fastest decline in the games history. They went to MAU/DAU because it's easier to spin those numbers to investors . Subs still matter . No matter how you try to justify , spin and white knight it away as some vast conspiracy to bring blizzard down.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

  5. #85
    The Lightbringer Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    If you play games more then a a hour a day, it kills your standing . Pretty fast way to not be able to buy goods and services. As it stands now, if you play video games, post on social media or buy "frivolous things" like games , in game purchases etc then you get punished. Once of the punishments is getting your internet throttled way way way back. another is not being allowed public transportation like buses and trains . and this is only with the system not 100% in place, When it goes nation wide in 2020 is where you will see the massive nagative impact on the video game industry . It can potentially kill the mobile phone game business
    Quite offtopic, but what are you talking about? Honest question, since I don't live in the US, and have never ever heard about anything like it
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazinger-Z View Post
    Class design [in BfA] is the rickety bridge upon which it all lays, but the rest of it are the arthritic elephants with irritable bowel syndrome trying to cross it.

  6. #86
    Over 9000! Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    9,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    That's some grade a tinfoil hat material you have going there .
    Lets see how long it goes before you see another official sub number. Why you continue to play a game you so obviously hate says a great deal about Blizzard's ability to suck in the easily manipulated.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Quite offtopic, but what are you talking about? Honest question, since I don't live in the US, and have never ever heard about anything like it
    It's about China. They have this wonderful system where people are rating each other (ratting on each other wouldn't be too far from the truth, although it's pretty involved, if you don't rat... well, it is going to be found out and accounted in your own rating), the rating is global, and an ever-increasing number of government (and other?) services are using it to determine your level of access to them / what you are allowed to do. Brave new world.

  8. #88
    Scarab Lord dacoolist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    4,673
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    This is rolling the eyes a little. Blizzard can "just" make the game literally what everyone wants? Really? Moreover, they don't do it because they "work as a collective"? What?

    Stop it. Blizzard cannot make the game what everyone wants. This is impossible. They do care about sub numbers. They made BFA to their best ability and wanted it to be good, but we have what we have because that's their best ability now. Plus because they were told to stop early and release before schedule. Likely to please some stupid quarterly metric.
    Blizzard has shown time and time again with Expansions like TBC, Wrath, MOP, and LEG that they can MAKE IT RAIN $$.. then they come and just fuck off with xpacs like BFA or WOD.. as much as I dislike BFA sometimes.. WOD was absolutely horrible in comparison - I'll take BFA ANY DAY compared for WOD (IMO). Also Cata.. It was SEMI ok with xmog and heroic rag etc.. but otherwise.. Cata along with WOD and BFA are all DEEPLY horrible in comparison with TBC/WRATH/MOP/LEG

    My point stands, they do NOT care about sub numbers - they care about doing what they believe as a collective is the BEST for the game (Which sucks right now obviously)

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Dormie View Post
    No but we're not at that point and doomsayers knowing the sub count has nothing to do with that.
    You literally said sub numbers are irrelevant as long as they're >400k. What a hot take, my dude.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Blizzard has shown time and time again with Expansions like TBC, Wrath, MOP, and LEG that they can MAKE IT RAIN $$.. then they come and just fuck off with xpacs like BFA or WOD.. as much as I dislike BFA sometimes.. WOD was absolutely horrible in comparison - I'll take BFA ANY DAY compared for WOD (IMO). Also Cata.. It was SEMI ok with xmog and heroic rag etc.. but otherwise.. Cata along with WOD and BFA are all DEEPLY horrible in comparison with TBC/WRATH/MOP/LEG

    My point stands, they do NOT care about sub numbers - they care about doing what they believe as a collective is the BEST for the game (Which sucks right now obviously)
    LEG didn't RAIN $$. Legion had less people playing than WoD. Just in case.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    You literally said sub numbers are irrelevant as long as they're >400k. What a hot take, my dude.
    What's your point?

  12. #92
    Old God Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    10,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Do you honestly think they'll pump out the same amount of content for significantly fewer players?
    They have put out more content in legion and bfa then in say wrath when they had the most players so it doesn’t seem to far fetched.

  13. #93
    Banned Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the Pet Sematary... Phear me!
    Posts
    23,169
    Speculations and guesstimates all around, as per usual.

    Yes, I'll maintain that even when the guesstimates and speculations show positive numbers compared to what the haters like to shoehorn into the equation.

  14. #94
    I am Murloc! sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    5,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Dormie View Post
    You're just showing me people only want to know WoW subs to twist the data into supporting their own ideas.
    And I find it hard to believe that a game with a fraction of WoWs average Twitch views has more players. Pretty sure Runescape has more active players than FF.
    if u refer to FF, i did say 'seems' not 'do', FF did claim to beat wow back in WoD when blizz was still showing their e-pen8s sub number, but that is quite outdated...
    and u ignored the problem of wow cost in compare to any other mmo
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •