Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Shame on you, whoever you are.
    No, shame on you. Spread your hatred elsewhere.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Herald of the Titans TheWorkingTitle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    No, shame on you. Spread your hatred elsewhere.
    Perfectly logical deductions based on what has been happening and what will continue to happen. Just as logical as thinking this was an "accident".
    You think you don't, but you do

The Unstoppable Force breadisfunny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    I've had a similar argument with an American (or a Canadian?) about the Acropolis and other Greek ruins before. He said they were an eyesore to have ruins everywhere.

I honestly was taken aback, how does one respond to that in a cogent way?
    it's usually the same type of people who see no value in history.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Look again.

A 17% increase in Church vandalism (including arson) across France is not a logical leap to suspect the same happening to Notre Dame? - https://www.rt.com/news/456629-frenc...rches-attacks/

- https://www.getreligion.org/getrelig...are-vandalized

What about the bombing attempt two years ago that failed, where a Muslim wanted to blow up a van filled with bombs outside Notre Dame? - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Notre_Dame_attack

How about the Muslims all over social media celebrating Notre Dame burning to the ground?
    https://i.imgur.com/X5TOCYj.jpg

Or maybe the Muslims right there outside the church smiling and laughing while recording it

https://i.imgur.com/Ni1so6j.jpg

Shame on you, whoever you are.
    ya none of those are even slightly a sign of any kind Muslim attack on dame

and a white guy in a bandanna is your muslim bogyman? really?

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    those aren't muslims.
    those are idiots.
    any real muslim accept other religions and doesn't laugh about a tragedy like that.
    if you ever talked to a real muslim you would know that
    That is NOT what the Quaran teaches. Convert or die. Raze churches to the ground.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    ya none of those are even slightly a sigh of any kind Muslim arson

Notice how all you suckers try and tear my entire post down based on one picture. How about the terrorist attack two years ago? How about the Muslims across social media celebrating? How about the Islamic terrorist attacks across Europe and across France, desecrating historical churches?

Infracted.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2019-04-15 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I appreciate that you don't know how it is, your baby nation being so young, but these buildings are old. Like... they're OLD. This building has been around for centuries before the continent that you live in was discovered. That old. They're not quite like pyramids, but they're as close as we can get to having something lasting from those times. You don't just rebuild them. You can't rebuild a structure and then pretend "Oh it's been there for almost a millenium..."

The whole point of having these old buildings around and spending billions per year in keeping them alive is to preserve something ancient. If the stone structure of Notre Dame falls, you might as well scrap the entire thing and build a modern church on top of it. Or nothing at all, like in Hamburg.

you can't put a price on history. once it's gone it's gone forever.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    I've had a similar argument with an American (or a Canadian?) about the Acropolis and other Greek ruins before. He said they were an eyesore to have ruins everywhere.

I honestly was taken aback, how does one respond to that in a cogent way?
    You can't. But to be fair, this isn't an american notion. You'll always have idiots who fail to grasp the concept of art, history and cultural heritage, simply because they haven't had any notable education to speak off. They're primitives, their lives will never amass to something, and they will always live in the civilizations built by greater men, never to achieve anything noteworthy in their entire life. They'll never know that, of course. Stupidity is like death. You don't realize your dead, or stupid, you simply are, it isn't a problem for you, only for those around you.

Gorgeous building architecturally, very interesting history held within and a whole lot of sweat, blood and tears to erect the structure over the course of multiple centuries.

Hopefully, it was just a construction accident and with that being said, i'd sure hate to be THAT guy tomorrow. That's a big whoops, like major big time, holy shit, whoops.

A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    seeing as the u.s. wasn't established until the late 1700's....not really surprising it lacks medieval architecture.
    We do have a little. St. Augustine in Florida and Puerto Rico both have buildings from the 1520s, with technically counts. And we have Pueblo structures from 100 BC to about 1400 AD (Well, technically all the way to 2019, since we still build them sometimes).

It isn't the same though, readily acknowledge. These are priceless structures, and I hate to lose them no matter where they are.

That is NOT what the Quaran teaches. Convert or die. Raze churches to the ground.

- - - Updated - - -

Notice how all you suckers try and tear my entire post down based on one picture. How about the terrorist attack two years ago? How about the Muslims across social media celebrating? How about the Islamic terrorist attacks across Europe and across France, desecrating historical churches?
    Could we, for the sake of this discussion and your own account, not derail the thread into a religion bashing contest?

your the one who picked the picture are you daft? its not like any one made you post a white guy in a bandana as your big bad evil Muslim.

a terror attack two years ago also isn't relevant at all and we have people in this very thread saying it was a good thing it burned because they don't like religion.

there is literally not a single sign or link to Muslims.

- - - Updated - - -

And the Old Testament of the Bible is full of hatefull things aswell. What is your point? If someone blew up the Kaaba, there would be idiots here cheering aswell. Retards are retards, no matter what race or religion they come from.

ya none of those are even slightly a sign of any kind Muslim attack on dame

Yeah.. the photo is fake anyway. Notice how they are right by the front of the cathedral, but the entire island was evacuated an hour before the flames reached the bell towers? (Which the flames have in that photo).

Perfectly logical deductions based on what has been happening and what will continue to happen. Just as logical as thinking this was an "accident".
    You know how I can tell hate fanatics from normal people? Simple deduction...

Here a normal chain of thoughts: Wooden framwork, French safety laws (lol) and an active construction site working with lead and apparently blowtorches... okay, must have been an accident.

Hysterical hate fanatics: Wooden framework, French safety laws (lol) and an ctive construction site working with lead and apparently blowtorches... okay, and it was a church, so clearly MUSLIMS!!1

See, one is horsies, the other is zebras. Little hint: I don't like you very much if you think zebras, drawa your conclusions from that and then go on internet forums throwing it out like... just an innocent little "oh... those muslims, the world would burn, if ti was them, wouldn't it"

We know what these hate fanatics are doing, we know their agenda and by now we know how they work. Fuck them.
    Last edited by Slant; 2019-04-15 at 09:34 PM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    “It’s majoritarian, the majority wins, it’s ruled by the majority for the majority – sod the minority. Whereas true democracy includes everybody’s opinion in society,” - Margaret Georgiadou, 2019 about Brexit referendum.
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

your the one who picked the picture are you daft? its not like any one made you post a white guy in a bandana as your big bad evil Muslim.

a terror attack two years ago also isn't relevant at all and we have people in this very thread saying it was a good thing it burned because they don't like religion.

there is literally not a single sign or link to Muslims.
    Figured you wouldn't have anything of substance to refute what I've showed you. A picture is worth 1,000 words.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Yeah.. the photo is fake anyway. Notice how they are right by the front of the cathedral, but the entire island was evacuated an hour before the flames reached the bell towers? (Which the flames have in that photo).
    oh well that makes it an even worse example.

Quote Originally Posted by Impersonal View Post
    Gorgeous building architecturally, very interesting history held within and a whole lot of sweat, blood and tears to erect the structure over the course of multiple centuries.

Hopefully, it was just a construction accident and with that being said, i'd sure hate to be THAT guy tomorrow. That's a big whoops, like major big time, holy shit, whoops.
    i have this feeling it's gonna turn out to be arson. not sure what construction materials would cause that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    And the Old Testament of the Bible is full of hatefull things aswell. What is your point? If someone blew up the Kaaba, there would be idiots here cheering aswell. Retards are retards, no matter what race or religion they come from.
    Not even rhetorical. Islam has lost hundreds of priceless sites in the last few years, and idiots did gloat about it. They lost a huge amount of Mosques that date back almost to the birth of Islam across Iraq, Syria and North Africa. And lots of idiots thought that was fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    While I personally believe that culture is an enrichment, it can certainly be argued that it’s a means to define one group from another, which results in exclusiveness, which means it’s divisive in nature.
    It could be defined in that way if you are a Stalinist. Thankfully, the majority of us aren’t. So.... trot along.

Again, much sympathy to Parisians and those trying to contribute in a positive way.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    seeing as the u.s. wasn't established until the late 1700's....not really surprising it lacks medieval architecture.
    It's not something I hold against the US, it's merely something that amuses me. The same could be said about germans and logically structured towns, because we don't have any of those either.