View Poll Results: Will you stay subscribed to Wow?

Voters
93. This poll is closed
  • Yes. I'll stay subscribed.

48 51.61%
  • No. I dont want to subscribe.

26 27.96%
  • Neither subscribe or unsubscribed. I use game time and come and go as I please.

15 16.13%
  • Torn between both/Not sure

4 4.30%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    a blog with a poll is still a blog
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
    good riddance, bye bye - none of your points are valid imo. 8.2 is looking really really good and they took a LOT of our feedback to heart and changed many things. Azerite armor and neck is one of them. so yeah theres that.- bye - oh and cya ingame in like a week!
    Are you insane? The generic change to the neck does nothing positive for the game, it adds one on use that's the same no matter what class you're playing and a bunch of boring passives. They're not listening to feedback at all and the ignorance of thinking that they are with changes that don't improve the core issues that classes have right now(aka identity) isn't helpful for the game or community. Classes will be as boring in 8.2 as they are now or even 5 months ago when BFA launched because CLASSES aren't getting any unique abilities added onto their boring, bland toolkits.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

1st - not gonna read your whines
    2nd - i am currently subscribed, i like the game as it is and im going to stay subscribed in the next years.

im unsubbed til 8.2

Blizzard forums are that way --->

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tearsofflame View Post
    And toxic try-hards are going to find an excuse to defend you
    Thanks for letting us know that your post isn't worth an ounce of consideration with that sentence.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ever since Burning Crusade, you tried to fix something that wasn't broken. ... to doing time gated quests and endless rep.
    You do remember TBC, right? Raid-specific reputations, that had to be grinded out because there wasn't any way to gather rep. besides the few quests allotted (this was a thing from Vanilla and into WotLK, too). And Quel'Danas... an entire end-game zone, time-gated. Oh, and Sunwell Plateau, the only raid to ever be time-gated on its own accord (you literally had to wait for bosses to unlock over the course of a few weeks). How about requiring rep. levels with about four different factions just to gain access to the keys required to run the heroics you needed to obtain attunements?

A lot of talk gets thrown around regarding "QQ for gated content." But reality is, it has existed in the game in some fashion essentially since day one. It has simply evolved over the years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    I think you're reasons are 100% legit. What you point out isn't enough for me to unsubscribe, but when you add your reasons and my reasons together, I believe I am done until at least patch 8.3 or maybe the next xpac. Because one thing you and I will definitely agree on is - Patch 8.2 at best is a distraction and still does not address the main issue - terrible class design. Yes, the GCD changes out of nowhere for no reason suck, the gated content and endless grind for this and that (even though this and that got old long ago) and forcing players into content they don't want to do (pvpers forced to raid or do M-plus just to be placed on an even playing with others who do all 3- for example). All of these issues are legit and ridiculous in the sense that Blizzard knows better and learned most of these lessons (if not all of them) years ago. More and more it seems like Blizzard is producing a game for an audience that perpetually unsubscribes from their game and the declining sub #'s support this theory. This is essentially like Blizzard cooking steaks for vegetarians then scratching their heads and wondering why no one is eating or ordering steak.
    Yes absolutely. Hopefully 8.3 will fix these issues!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Are you insane? The generic change to the neck does nothing positive for the game, it adds one on use that's the same no matter what class you're playing and a bunch of boring passives. They're not listening to feedback at all and the ignorance of thinking that they are with changes that don't improve the core issues that classes have right now(aka identity) isn't helpful for the game or community. Classes will be as boring in 8.2 as they are now or even 5 months ago when BFA launched because CLASSES aren't getting any unique abilities added onto their boring, bland toolkits.
    Exactly and they still choose to be blind

I've stopped playing recently because all there was to do was grind AP - unless you wanted to keep running the mad rush M+ game - which I hate.

You sound like an angry teenager with ADHD. Everyone "addresses" issues with no substance or actual feedback. Cancel your subscription and be done with it, these forums are already full of posts nearly identical to this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Now before you say "good riddance, bye bye, we dont need you." Or any other formality. This isn't to be toxic. It's to address issues and hopefully the game will get better without being toxic or negative.

Main reason: You say you value feedback, yet you still push your own agenda and use these big words to try to justify your decisions. We didnt like the GCD changes. You did it anyway and almost a year later, you admitted you took ti to far.

Ever since Burning Crusade, you tried to fix something that wasn't broken. From all the way to talent trees, to doing time gated quests and endless rep. It felt more like a chore instead of fun, which later you admitted. Pay to fly zones was fun. Having races unlocked at start was fun. Not helping turtles and time hated quests and endless rep
    Its forcing players to play a certain. way and in a certain time. Subscribers were alot higher. Now they're lower. Yet you still wont listen and you still will push your own agenda. And toxic try-hards are going to find an excuse to defend you. I'm saying this as a 12 year player.

8.2 doesnt really fix issues. You just distracted us with new raid and new dungeon with cosmetic mounts. And a "new" system that wont last long. It'll get thrown away like artifacts which was mostly liked. You're adding more stuff without fixing the issues so we hopefully forget.

Like at this point I'd rather you guys say "We dont value feedback. We dont care about our consumers. And were going to push our own agenda and do it our way, and you're still going to give us your money too" like I'd respect you more than blantly lying to us.

8.2 was the last straw. Maybe I'll see you next expansion. Was hard to leave....all the grind....alk the work put in....but more people need to stand up and unsubscribe, that's the only way they'll eventually listen. Will be playing other games until then.

Hope everyone stays blessed and thank you!
    please dont leave

15+ Year Old Account
    Like at this point I'd rather you guys say "We dont value feedback. We dont care about our consumers. And were going to push our own agenda and do it our way, and you're still going to give us your money too" like I'd respect you more than blantly lying to us.
    If they didn't care about our feedback we wouldn't be getting the Heart of Azeroth and Azerite system changes in 8.2.

Your OP doesn't even have a single specific complaint in it that you're waiting to be addressed. What exactly isn't changing in 8.2 that you have a problem with? You say they're not taking your feedback, but you're not even giving feedback.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jargathnan View Post
    A lot of talk gets thrown around regarding "QQ for gated content." But reality is, it has existed in the game in some fashion essentially since day one. It has simply evolved over the years.
    Personally I love how people look back fondly on the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj, which were a literal fucking gate you had to open before you could do the raid.

And as you said, of course Sunwell Plateau with its three gates (Agamath, Rohendor, and Archonisus) that nobody here seems to remember. Nevermind the other form of gating that has been used since day one, which is attunement. Attunement, which was a time gate not only for your main, but for a seperate, additional time gate for every single alt you may have.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
    good riddance, bye bye - none of your points are valid imo. 8.2 is looking really really good and they took a LOT of our feedback to heart and changed many things. Azerite armor and neck is one of them. so yeah theres that.- bye - oh and cya ingame in like a week!
    Love that sad little quote, as most demented people think that people leave the game for an attention seeking manner, talk to the 75 or so people that quit after 4.3, and the other 20 or so that quit a few weeks into MoP on my Battle Net, that have never ever returned to the game - not even once to check out what's new. Not everyone is so little minded that they can't walk away from a shit product.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now before you say "good riddance, bye bye, we dont need you." Or any other formality. This isn't to be toxic. It's to address issues and hopefully the game will get better without being toxic or negative.

Main reason: You say you value feedback, yet you still push your own agenda and use these big words to try to justify your decisions. We didnt like the GCD changes. You did it anyway and almost a year later, you admitted you took ti to far.

Ever since Burning Crusade, you tried to fix something that wasn't broken. From all the way to talent trees, to doing time gated quests and endless rep. It felt more like a chore instead of fun, which later you admitted. Pay to fly zones was fun. Having races unlocked at start was fun. Not helping turtles and time hated quests and endless rep
    Its forcing players to play a certain. way and in a certain time. Subscribers were alot higher. Now they're lower. Yet you still wont listen and you still will push your own agenda. And toxic try-hards are going to find an excuse to defend you. I'm saying this as a 12 year player.

8.2 doesnt really fix issues. You just distracted us with new raid and new dungeon with cosmetic mounts. And a "new" system that wont last long. It'll get thrown away like artifacts which was mostly liked. You're adding more stuff without fixing the issues so we hopefully forget.

8.2 was the last straw. Maybe I'll see you next expansion. Was hard to leave....all the grind....alk the work put in....but more people need to stand up and unsubscribe, that's the only way they'll eventually listen. Will be playing other games until then.

Hope everyone stays blessed and thank you!
    Sorry, your thread is basically an 'I quit' thread, which isn't permitted.

I wish you all well in the endevours of your gaming experience.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

If your reasons were different from all the other "im quitting and heres why" threads, you might have made a point. Instead, you spout the same tired rhetoric as if coming from you somehow makes the "reasons" more valid and more important.

It doesn't, they aren't.

Good riddance. Maybe we'll see you make another thread about why we should know *you* unsubbed from 9.0. Probably not though, since you'll decide 9.0 is bad before it releases just like you did with 8.2.

The only thing coming out of this long text is that you are reluctant to change.

You don't see that Blizzard isn't trying too hard to re-invent the wheel every expansion, but tackles problems encountered past expansion and add innovations they can iterate on.

If you don't like the game in its current state, you are right to leave it in order to enjoy other entertainements. But what you've said about the game history is just plain wrong, and if you've really been playing the game for 12 years, then you clearly have not paid much attention to what was delivered to you on this game up until 2 or 4 month ago...

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    People do care about the game, and the posts showing that they are leaving for certain reasons should be heard/read - but Just know OP, you may get hate on mmo-c.com just because we DO see threads like this a lot - but we all mean well and just want the game to be great.

As an example: me and my friends Loved the PVE in Legion (I call it LEG), where as BFA we enjoy the PVP side but we dislike at least HALF of the PVE side.. I guess again the PVE side really shows when it's lacking - and BFA is trying to turn this around in 8.2 - but taking a break until at LEAST 8.3 is a good idea OP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    please dont leave
    Thank you. I'll take this into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post

To me, BFA isn't bad. But when you sit inside an echo chamber, you only hear what you want to hear.
    Lol this applies to the "BFA isn't bad/that bad" squad too. You're all subbed resonating the same tune. Devs are in their own world chanting "change" more than the homeless. I would honestly pay $20 a month(30 is a stretch depending if the current version sucks or not) if they had the best formulaes(BC,WotLK,MoP,Legion). Screw us for paying subs in exchange for EXPECTATIONS of game development that doesn't appeal to chimpanzees manning a spaceship with buttons replaced by bananas.

Quote Originally Posted by Takatin View Post
    Lol this applies to the "BFA isn't bad/that bad" squad too. You're all subbed resonating the same tune. Devs are in their own world chanting "change" more than the homeless. I would honestly pay $20 a month(30 is a stretch depending if the current version sucks or not) if they had the best formulaes(BC,WotLK,MoP,Legion). Screw us for paying subs in exchange for EXPECTATIONS of game development that doesn't appeal to chimpanzees manning a spaceship with buttons replaced by bananas.
    I understand the irony of that sentence. I saw it when I wrote it. But I can admit that there are things that need fixed. But to me, bad means I unsub. I unsubbed in cata, MoP and WoD. I only stayed subbed for the other Expacs, so to me, there is more GOOD than there is BAD. And none of the expansions are without their faults.