Thinking of upgrading my GPU

I have a GTX 1060 now, but I was thinking of a RTX 2070 , specifically the MSI RTX 2070 Gaming z 8gb . My motherboard is a Gigabyte Z-270 HD3p. Any thoughts if it is a worth upgrading for now or should I wait?
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Could use a bit more info before anyone can help you.

What games are you playing?
    What resolution are you using?
    What CPU do you have?
    Why do you feel you need to upgrade?

etc.

Anywho, there are no new GPUs coming till possibly E3. So if you need a new GPU before late June/July, current option are what you need to choose from.

i7 7700k CPU
    Getting a 1440 monitor.

Playing more fps, starting eso , borderlands 3 etc

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the 1070 and while it's enticing to upgrade, I'm waiting for the 3k series Nvidia GPU's which I assume will be on 7nm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    i7 7700k CPU
    Getting a 1440 monitor.

Playing more fps, starting eso , borderlands 3 etc
    1440p 60hz or 144hz monitor?
    If it's a 60hz one, a 2060/1070ti will be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    1440p 60hz or 144hz monitor?
    If it's a 60hz one, a 2060/1070ti will be fine
    144hz monitor

If you're after 1440p 144hz, you might want to look into a 2080 instead of 2070, i have the same setup (1440p, 144hz) with a 2070 and in some games i struggle for 144hz, although i also love my graphics, if you're willing to reduce graphics where needed then the 2070 could be good enough.

I would say wait. See what AMD's budget Navi options bring first. The 2070 is a bit of a stop gap in the current market, since its fairly pricey, but underperformance compared to any 2080 variant.

AMD might not bring out cards much faster than a 2070, but they'll be a hell of a lot cheaper, if nothing else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    I would say wait. See what AMD's budget Navi options bring first. The 2070 is a bit of a stop gap in the current market, since its fairly pricey, but underperformance compared to any 2080 variant.

AMD might not bring out cards much faster than a 2070, but they'll be a hell of a lot cheaper, if nothing else.
    Navi won't have any high-end solutions, they said Vega VII is their high-end for this generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Navi won't have any high-end solutions, they said Vega VII is their high-end for this generation.
    Navi is a new generation. They're putting out low-mid tier cards this year and next year we'll see high end.

It's a 7nm architecture with GDDR6 as opposed to HBM, so the price point will be vastly lower, without dropping performance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Navi is a new generation. They're putting out low-mid tier cards this year and next year we'll see high end.

It's a 7nm architecture with GDDR6 as opposed to HBM, so the price point will be vastly lower, without dropping performance.
    Yeah, but I still don't expect Navi to realistically compete with Nvidia's highend because they said they don't want to, it doesn't make money (I believe was their excuse)

15+ Year Old Account
    60Hz is the standard still.... /sarcasm

Seriously..2070 will push it fine, you wont hit 144 in all games, and it will also depend on in game settings.

Once you have one though you will never go back.

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    60Hz is the standard still.... /sarcasm

Seriously..2070 will push it fine, you wont hit 144 in all games, and it will also depend on in game settings.

Once you have one though you will never go back.
    Ty all for the feedback

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a 2080ti and it still doesnt come close to being 144 hz average in most AAA games. Will you sit at 144 most of the time ? Sure but not always.