Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    It's a nerf when you want water walk AND daze immunity as a non tank.
    But you didn't have this before so while I see it would be nice to have you haven't lost something you already had. Therefore not a nerf.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    however you all fail to realise all those will be obsolete as soon as we get flying so all this falls down to nothing
    For current content, sure.
    Once 9.0 drops, or while leveling under 60, it still plays a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    Mate it’s free for the first time if you already have the mount. Account wide.
    WRONG its free for the toon who earned the waterstrider.

Isnt actually taking anything away but giving more options. What specifically is being removed from the game? If you say mounted water walking you’re wrong because it’s still there and you don’t have to do anything special to have it once you unlock the anglers rep and you actually get to use it on the other 450 mounts you have.
    yes there is something removed, which for whatever reason, you seem to be inable to understand: the thing that makes the striders special is removed.
    how about we take the transmorg and ah from mounts too and make it avail for everyone? that would be exactly the same thing
    and you havent explained why the striders CANT keep their walterwalking like the herb collecting mount can keep his special ability?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    It would be nothing other than utterly pointless though, if you could switch them at any given moment on a whim. Unless they made the equips somewhat hard/challenging to be earned, but still an unnecessary hassle.

How so? It would be an incentive to actually grind out all the equipment and be rewarded for doing so.

The current system is great if you only play one character, but terrible if you have alts. If they're going to be scarce AND consumable then they need to let us apply them on a mount-by-mount basis.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    OK so I get the idea behind mount equipment: to give players more fun little bonuses they can choose

HOWEVER

Removing water walking from Water strider defies the whole point of mount equipment...

I take myself as en example here (plaing prot warrior, doing world content with fury/arms)

Right now I have plenty ground/flying mounts in favourite I'm using while traveling. When I know I have to move over the water, I use water strider (as the mount is exactly for that purpose). I'm allways seeing people just like me, using water strider only when they will travel over the water, not this stigma that EVERYONE is using it ALL THE TIME.

So now in 8.2 I have the illusion of choice:
    Use water walking equipment that gives me back water walking
    Use anti daze equipment that will prevent me from getting dazed OR use tank spec that have this effect baseline
    Use other equipment (highly unlikely here)

I can tell you that I will 99.99% use water walking just to get the passive back

If water strider had water walking as it is now, I would have a choice of using anti daze or other equipment, possibly use slow fall, be tank spec with passive anti daze effect and use water strider when I need to move across the water

Also another thing is that once you get hit by ANYTHING, the water walking effect fades from the strider so that would made stacking of anti daze equipment and water strider almost pointless

So right now instead of this cool choice we would get by using different mount equipments, EVERYONE will use water walking while before that, most of the people were using water strider only when needed not 100% of the time as Ion thinks
    *** you talking about? If Water strider would keep its passive people would just put in antidaze or w/e and keep using water strider for water walking. It would not fix anything. This stuff is put in so you dont have to feel forced to use water strider for water walking and you can actualy use other mounts. It looks really stupid to do rare world Q in the ocean and see 15+ people riding same mount. I love this stuff beocuse you can finaly stop using this stupid mount and actualy get to use some other mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by White Rabbit View Post
    But you didn't have this before so while I see it would be nice to have you haven't lost something you already had. Therefore not a nerf.
    If you bothered to read my posts, yes right now on live you can have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    How so? It would be an incentive to actually grind out all the equipment and be rewarded for doing so.

The current system is great if you only play one character, but terrible if you have alts. If they're going to be scarce AND consumable then they need to let us apply them on a mount-by-mount basis.
    Game should never revolve around alts. It devalues anything you do on your main. Alts should not be considered at all when you desing game.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    *** you talking about? If Water strider would keep its passive people would just put in antidaze or w/e and keep using water strider for water walking. It would not fix anything. This stuff is put in so you dont have to feel forced to use water strider for water walking and you can actualy use other mounts. It looks really stupid to do rare world Q in the ocean and see 15+ people riding same mount. I love this stuff beocuse you can finaly stop using this stupid mount and actualy get to use some other mounts.
    So Ion and you apparently see everyone walking with waterstriders... except they're not

For me it would be more stupid to see a horse, kodo, 2 dragons, motorbike, hyena and gronling standing on water surface than 15 water striders that have, you know, their inspiration walking on the water in the real life

As I said, I (and many more people) have plenty of mounts in the favourite button and use water strider only for walking over the water

Now in 8.2 I'll be forced to use item that would give me the convinience of 2 mounts instead of actually choosing from other equipments

Also what's the point of having anti daze equipment on a water strider when daze can be only applied by something hitting you and water walking falls off when something hits you ?

5+ Year Old Account
    Game should never revolve around alts. It devalues anything you do on your main. Alts should not be considered at all when you desing game.
    I mean this is a conversation centered around something that has zero gameplay implications so it wouldn't 'devalue' anything.

Moreover I don't agree with that sentiment at all, and clearly Blizzard doesn't either, come to think of it I cant of a single MMO that completely ignores alts. WoW already has account-wide mounts that originally took forever to grind and I haven't seen anyone complain that they're devalued.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ideally? Yes, I would agree with you.

However, if the DEVs rely on people rolling alts because there isn't enough for mains to do in order to cheaply extract higher play time ans subsequently longer kept subs out of players, they no longer have the freedom to ignore the alt question entirely.

I think some conveniently shared stuff is okay but at some point the alt need to be actually played in order to progress.

Some people like playing alts, is that hard to understand?
    Yohohoho

I see this as mostly a positive.

Instead of the water strider just being objectively the best ground mount anywhere you have to cross water, you can now use any mount you want and equip that item if you want to.

The downside is distributing that item to all of your alts. I think the best option would be to make these mount items herilooms, or at least the water walking one, since it's taking an account wide mount and making it into an item it sounds like you'll have to individually mail to your alts if you only have one character with anglers rep. So that you don't have to take your main to the npc, buy an item for every alt and mail them out individually.

But I think the positives here outweigh the negatives. Let you pick water walking or some other mount perk while also leaving you free to use any mount you want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh.. I'm fairly neutral about mount equipment. It adds to the game in a small way, but it's not something I asked for or cared about. 2/3 of the equipments they showed are also dead on arrival until 9.0 because of flying. The parachute may be useful on characters without a slow fall.

I dont see a problem with removing it, nice to see other mounts then striders and herbmount.

You still have the waterwalking for alts if you choose that equipment, whats the problem)?

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    If you bothered to read my posts, yes right now on live you can have both.
    Are you sure you will no longer be able to use barding, i haven't seen that anywhere. Just curious as I'm a leatherworker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by White Rabbit View Post
    Are you sure you will no longer be able to use barding, i haven't seen that anywhere. Just curious as I'm a leatherworker
    The current one is very likely to stay, whether there will be one in the next expansion? I don't think even Blizzard decided about that one just yet.
    Probably depends on what people do with the current system. If everyone chooses waterwalking and keeps using the barding, Blizzard is surely going to look at that data and draw some form of conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    For current content, sure.
    Once 9.0 drops, or while leveling under 60, it still plays a factor.
    do you realise the water walking mount is not as important as you make it sound ?
    there are other mounts that you can use to increase swimming speed

I’m very confused about the argument of the mount equipment. Everybody uses the water strider as it is the easiest to travel with the water walking. Blizzard has seen this and decided to add a feature to allow people to use their other mounts and also have water walking. They have removed water walking from the strider...but with the shoes you have it back.

How is this a bad thing? You also get the option to have other items equiped instead if you don’t want the water walking. They have literally removed nothing (except the baked in water walking on the strider) and opened up the ability to all mounts. Is anybody able to realistically explain the reason people are upset?
    Currently.. the water strider is a step above other mounts... which is why those that earned it... did so. Now it's the same as every other mount. It should have something extra.

Personality I LOVE the idea of equipment... I just find it terribly hypocritical for them to remove gem slots, reforging, original method of glyphing, etc... because it wasn't considered "fun"... and turn around and add a feature that is exactly the same.. except... THIS feature is vendor garbage... and has no interaction with players and their professions.

How about these items being manufactured by Blacksmiths? or multiple parts made by different professions based on what they did?

Nah.. "that would not be fun". Let's just buy it from a vendor as a gold sink and let people queue up for their umpteenth dungeon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh2 View Post
    Some people like playing alts, is that hard to understand?
    The game moved away from "mains" and "alts" years ago. I recall an old blue post where a blue was basically calling people with more than 1 or 2 alts "no lifers" and saying that it was likely they weren't actually playing the alts.

Now the game is all about playing as many characters as you want... and they have completely dumbed down the game to make it easy to do so. Leveling taking a dozen hours to max level, "account wide" everything... etc.

They have removed so much content in the name of it being repetitive... only to make the game even MORE repetitive because there is less to do but spam dungeons and world quests.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    do you realise the water walking mount is not as important as you make it sound ?
    there are other mounts that you can use to increase swimming speed
    I never made it sound important.
    I simply pointed out facts around the change from built-in functionality to equipment-acquired functionality.
    My personal opinion is that of indifference; I don't care either way.
    I would have maybe been happier if it was on a mount-by-mount basis for equipment, so in that regards, you can disagree with that opinion.

Someone asked what the big deal is, tons of people regurgitated opinion-based view points, I collected the base level of fact and provided it as such.
    It takes effort to read a post, but it's okay.