Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    I never made it sound important.
    I simply pointed out facts around the change from built-in functionality to equipment-acquired functionality.
    My personal opinion is that of indifference; I don't care either way.
    I would have maybe been happier if it was on a mount-by-mount basis for equipment, so in that regards, you can disagree with that opinion.

Someone asked what the big deal is, tons of people regurgitated opinion-based view points, I collected the base level of fact and provided it as such.
    It takes effort to read a post, but it's okay.
    buy https://www.wowhead.com/item=85500/anglers-fishing-raft problem solved

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    I agree it's a feasible replacement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    They're removing what makes the water strider unique. Be like the equivalent of removing the sky golem's ability to herbalism while mounted. Slap in the face to people who grinded the Water Strider by giving others the option to water walk.
    Oh please with your fake outrage.

The mount has been farmable with very little effort since Rep Time walking badges could be purchased.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Oh please with your fake outrage.

The mount has been farmable with very little effort since Rep Time walking badges could be purchased.
    its people like the guy there why we cant have nice things , this logic : i have this , none else should have it.
    and he makes it sound like it is hard to farm the strider lol

10+ Year Old Account
    its people like the guy there why we cant have nice things , this logic : i have this , none else should have it.
    and he makes it sound like it is hard to farm the strider lol
    I did farm the blue one in Pandaria when it was current and the "hardest" thing about this was the fact that you could only hold one quest fish in your inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I did farm the blue one in Pandaria when it was current and the "hardest" thing about this was the fact that you could only hold one quest fish in your inventory.
    was one of the few people to have an epic moun in classic , using the persons logic , none else should have an epic mount

10+ Year Old Account
    was one of the few people to have an epic moun in classic , using the persons logic , none else should have an epic mount
    Clearly not. They get legendary mounts instead. Progression etc.

People don’t want to play a rpg anymore they want to play a homogenized schmorgesborg of pandering. Items with unique features are kinda core to a RPG. That’s why there is a difference between a backpack and the bag of holding. Or a stick and the immovable rod. It’s not moreso about the exclusivity but about the thematics of the interaction.
    Insert cringe politically charged signature here

The problem is that like with everything else Blizzard takes the laziest, shortest route to fix an imaginary problem. They even pruned the mounts now for fucks sake. Water walking mounts were exclusive, and required effort to get. Shamans and Death Knights had water walking buffs which made them unique in that regard. Instead of deepening the complexity of mount families, adding new benefits to different mounts (faster movement in grassland, snow, forest, etc) they just streamlined everything into the same basket of 400+ mounts that are now exactly the same apart from flying and cosmetic appearance.
    Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    You're the one who's ignorant, you get ONE for free, the equipment disappears when you replace it with a different equipment like how gems work.
    oh shit. I didnt know. It wasnt like it was plastered all over the front page. OH SHIT WHO CARES. What are you going to replace it with? More water walking? You have lost nothing, you are in fact gaining it all. Stop acting like this is Twitter and leave your outrage just to be outraged at the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

anglers fishing raft called and said hello

https://www.wowhead.com/item=85500/a...ing-raft#links
    - You need to be revered with the anglers to be able to use it. Tell that to your alts. Especially the level 20 alts that could use the strider.
    - If I remember correctly, you can't "pre-use" it on non water surface (or it bugs out, not sure about this, but I remember being annoyed by something regards the raft and water surfaces) and you can't use it in combat. So while on the strider you mount up, maybe body pull some mobs, but you still will be able to walk on water. While you have to be out of combat and on water to cast the raft. So no bodypulling before the water surface.
    Last edited by Lei; 2019-04-16 at 05:46 PM.

So they do this as they want people to have a choice in what mount they use (not being forced into using the Water Strider). But they're not removing the Sky Golem's benefit? Makes sense...

15+ Year Old Account
    Why didn't they just make the items bind to a single mount instead of being character wide? If they truely care about "liberating" people from the water strider, why not go this route?
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    oh shit. I didnt know. It wasnt like it was plastered all over the front page. OH SHIT WHO CARES. What are you going to replace it with? More water walking? You have lost nothing, you are in fact gaining it all. Stop acting like this is Twitter and leave your outrage just to be outraged at the door.
    You're losing the ability to not be dazed off a mount, are you an actual mongoloid or a troll? Real talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    It's a nerf when you want water walk AND daze immunity as a non tank.
    Get yourself some azerite with prydaz effect or that tank trinket from oppulence, absorbs make you daze immune.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

What is truly amazing to me in this argument is that everyone's forgetting this change drops with 8.2... the patch that will bring flying, not only in KT and Zandalar but also in Nazjatar and Mechagon. So the only time you'll really truly care about water walking prior to the next expansion (over a year away) is leveling 1-60, and even that isn't a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    I’m very confused about the argument of the mount equipment.
    Yes, because
    A) People who farmed the Strider got shafted - there's no reason to strip the strider's ability. It was already 1 ability "better" than a normal mount, so allowing it keep water walking and have another equipment would still leave it 1 ability better than a normal mount. It also doesn't make sense thematically. The water strider has been able to water walk inherently for about 7 years? Now suddenly it can't? Stupid

B) The Sky-golem didn't lose it's ability and that wasn't turned into an equipment that you can use. Why is this a special case but the Strider isn't? Doesn't make sense.

C) Like the first reply said - give mount families inherent abilities. Instead of nerfing one of the only special mounts, BUFF all the others. Then allow them all to have different equipment per mount. So you can have a No Daze + Water walking strider. Or you can have a Water walking/ High jumping cat. Or a turbo sprint + whatever horse.

D) Only 3 abilities? Lazy. There should be like 10

Blizzard just can't do anything correctly. They have to fuck something up every time even though it's painfully obvious how they should have done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    You're losing the ability to not be dazed off a mount, are you an actual mongoloid or a troll? Real talk.
    So you agree that there is nothing. Blizzard has stated that it isn't going away. Throwing insults just reinforces how weak your reading comprehension is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    - You need to be revered with the anglers to be able to use it. Tell that to your alts. Especially the level 20 alts that could use the strider.
    - If I remember correctly, you can't "pre-use" it on non water surface (or it bugs out, not sure about this, but I remember being annoyed by something regards the raft and water surfaces) and you can't use it in combat. So while on the strider you mount up, maybe body pull some mobs, but you still will be able to walk on water. While you have to be out of combat and on water to cast the raft. So no bodypulling before the water surface.
    the raft is a toy you buy once and you can use in all your alts so you are wrong.
    the same applies to strider you cant use it in combat and get sink if you get hit

Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    A) People who farmed the Strider got shafted - there's no reason to strip the strider's ability. It was already 1 ability "better" than a normal mount, so allowing it keep water walking and have another equipment would still leave it 1 ability better than a normal mount. It also doesn't make sense thematically. The water strider has been able to water walk inherently for about 7 years? Now suddenly it can't? Stupid
    Leaving the water strider with the ability to walk on water by itself and allowing a mount equipment item to affect it as well would mean everyone would default to the water strider again, which is what they're trying to avoid.

Leaving the water strider with the ability to walk on water and, like the Sky Golem, not allowing it to recognize another mount equipment item would mean nobody would ever use it anymore. They'd just use their favorite mount with water walk and ignore the strider.

These are silly arguments. Nobody's won or lost anything.

Plus I think it's ridiculous people talking about how they 'earned' the strider. Yes, we did. And we used it for years. Nothing lasts forever. And it's a game.