Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
9
17
18
19
20
21
LastLast
  1. #361
    Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    The Equipment for Waterwalking still needs to be bought from the Anglers. People who dont have the Waterstrider will still not be able to walk on Water.



    That makes a bit more sense, and is actually a valid opinion. I however prefer to use the "Best looking" mount. For example, I almost never use my Waterstrider (even with the massive benefit), all of my characters have their Prefered mount. I dont really like to be forced into a Specific Mount.
    That makes it slightly better I guess but it's still stupid to strip abilities. I mean, everyone loved it when their classes had loads of abilities pruned right?

    Mount families having unique abilities is a far better solution. Then you have 1 Major and 1/2 Minor equipment slots. I could probably design a better system than the Blizz one in 2 hours.

  2. #362
    Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    Describe me a time where you said oh shit I need a lot of water walking.did you read anything before you come here to spout nonsense.YOUR MOUNT WILL BE LIKE BEFORE
    No, it won't. The fact you don't get this is mind-blowing. Yes, I can equip something, but default out of the gate, the mount is no longer the same when I jump onto a character for the first time. And yes, with Blizzard water walking is god like. I can see them being super edge lords and having entire zones where water walking is a must after this change in the next expansion.
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

  3. #363
    what annoys me about this is that they introduce a number of new (hopefully) interesting ways to change what you can do with your mount.

    and then they force you to break one to try out another....WHY?

    should be like the Glyph UI was, you select 1 from the list of obtained pieces, and put it on.
    if they want to be "fair for world PvP" they could make it so you can only change mount equipment in rested areas.

    if you find more than 1 you like, better hope they are not unique, so you can have a stack in your bag to swap them out.

  4. #364
    Quote Originally Posted by majesta View Post
    No, it won't. The fact you don't get this is mind-blowing. Yes, I can equip something, but default out of the gate, the mount is no longer the same when I jump onto a character for the first time. And yes, with Blizzard water walking is god like. I can see them being super edge lords and having entire zones where water walking is a must after this change in the next expansion.
    when the patch hits you will still be able to water walk like before...what is mind blowing is how you dont get this.the water walking items is a thing you get for free if you have the strider unlocked on all your chars,since its bind on account i tested it on the ptr.
    prior to patch you can water walk if you have the mount
    after patch : equip the item you can still water walk.
    so whats the difference? nothing . just people that cant get this like you.you are crying for no reason

    Last edited by niztheundead87; 2019-04-18 at 10:59 AM.

  5. #365
    Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    when the patch hits you will still be able to water walk like before...what is mind blowing is how you dont get this.the water walking items is a thing you get for free if you have the strider unlocked on all your chars,since its bind on account i tested it on the ptr.
    prior to patch you can water walk if you have the mount
    after patch : equip the item you can still water walk.
    so whats the difference? nothing . just people that cant get this like you.you are crying for no reason
    So, you're telling me that all of my alts, no mattering the lvl, will receive one of this item for free?
    And, if I create a new alt, it will automatically receive this item for free?
    Because that's how it works today with the mount.
    Core i7 7700k @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-H270M-Gaming 3 | Corsair Hydro Series H110 | Asus GeForce GTX 1070 Strix | Corsair TX650M | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2400MHz | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + HDD Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Gabinete Corsair Air 540 | Razer Deathstalker - Razer Naga | Windows 10 Home 64


  6. #366
    Quote Originally Posted by Julaes View Post
    So, you're telling me that all of my alts, no mattering the lvl, will receive one of this item for free?
    And, if I create a new alt, it will automatically receive this item for free?
    Because that's how it works today with the mount.
    Same thing no difference

  7. #367
    Could that stuff please be available from normal heirloom vendors, if we have to live with this ridiculous nerf at the end?

    And could we please have it as heirloom in our heirloom collection and only have to buy it once? I know, Blizzard wants as much token-sex as possible, but please, be not that greedy this time, wont you?

    And would the devs please do not punish altoholics anymore?

    Gosh. What a fucked up change.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    when the patch hits you will still be able to water walk like before...what is mind blowing is how you dont get this.the water walking
    so whats the difference? nothing . just people that cant get this like you.you are crying for no reason
    The difference is that you have to purchase this item for gold for .. every.. single.. char, and you have to repurchase it if you change your mount equipment every.. single.. time.

    This is a gold sink for blizzard. Seems they do not sell enough tokens.
    Last edited by duselsteiner; 2019-04-18 at 03:56 PM.

  8. #368
    Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    Could that stuff please be available from normal heirloom vendors, if we have to live with this ridiculous nerf at the end?

    And could we please have it as heirloom in our heirloom collection and only have to buy it once? I know, Blizzard wants as much token-sex as possible, but please, be not that greedy this time, wont you?

    And would the devs please do not punish altoholics anymore?

    Gosh. What a fucked up change.

    - - - Updated - - -



    The difference is that you have to purchase this item for gold for .. every.. single.. char, and you have to repurchase it if you change your mount equipment every.. single.. time.

    This is a gold sink for blizzard. Seems they do not sell enough tokens.
    bro can you even read.. you get it in mail .. for FREE
    what you see in the ptr as a price is a placeholder

  9. #369
    Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    bro can you even read.. you get it in mail .. for FREE
    what you see in the ptr as a price is a placeholder
    This is a consumable item, which is to be used a) per character and b) being replaced by any other mount equipment. If you, lets say, want to hop down a cliff with your mount, you need to purchase a mount equip item (for some gold), equiip it, hop off the cliff. Then imagine, you want to use your waterstrider equipment. You have to purchase it, equip it, replace the old one, walk over water for some time.

    Rinse and repeat for every single char for every new situation. And the item will be consumed every time you replace it.

  10. #370
    Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    This is a consumable item, which is to be used a) per character and b) being replaced by any other mount equipment. If you, lets say, want to hop down a cliff with your mount, you need to purchase a mount equip item (for some gold), equiip it, hop off the cliff. Then imagine, you want to use your waterstrider equipment. You have to purchase it, equip it, replace the old one, walk over water for some time.

    Rinse and repeat for every single char for every new situation. And the item will be consumed every time you replace it.
    use water walking when you cant fly ,use a glider as usual for cliffs
    fly when you can.. no need for anything else.

  11. #371
    As I understand it, whatever mount equipment you have equipped applies to ALL your mounts. So you can't have a moose with water walking and a direwolf with no-daze.

    This explains why they didn't leave waterwalking on the waterstriders and just stop them from using further equipment. The whole point of mount equipment is to stop people from using waterstriders all the time. If waterstriders kept waterwalking, everybody would equip the no-daze equipment and still use waterstriders for all their waterwalking needs. So that does make sense when approached from a mechanical standpoint. It's still silly that waterstriders can't walk on water from the lore side, though.

  12. #372
    I'd be okay with the system IF the equipment were on a per-mount basis, where I can fit every individual mount with a piece of my choosing.
    But having to swap between items which are also consumables I have to restock every time is just bad, and even worse than before.

  13. #373
    Stood in the Fire Chromell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    How so? It would be an incentive to actually grind out all the equipment and be rewarded for doing so.

    The current system is great if you only play one character, but terrible if you have alts. If they're going to be scarce AND consumable then they need to let us apply them on a mount-by-mount basis.
    To be honest I'm not entirely sure what my reasoning was when I posted that reply. I get your point, and more agree with it than not. The main thing I get from this mount equipment thing is that people will be able to water-walk with any mount. Yet for some reason this makes them mad because there will be other equipment you can use instead and this whole outrage seems to stem from the fact that you have to choose which one you want?

  14. #374
    the game and class design are the worst they've ever been and people are worrying about mount equipment... even if you really hate this change, it should still be nowhere near the top of your list of things wrong with the game. but by all means, complain about random shit for no reason.

  15. #375
    I would just like to herb from a different mount other than the Sky Golem. It's big, It's ugly, It doesn't fit through doorways.

  16. #376
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Well the biggest and most glaring issue is that as I recall the mount equip is destroyed if you swap it for another similar to artifact relics which is a huge red flag to me because we also know that mount equipment is shared across all mounts.

    Making it inconvenient/clunky to constantly swap equip to suit environment is very annoying and still ends up with the issue of boxing you into using only one item, of course this is dependent on how scarce mount equipment is.

    If they made mount equipment heirlooms and put them into the heirloom tab (allowing you to create as many as you want) and/or removed the shared slot I think there would be no issues.
    Much like the sky golem they should have left the water strider out of the equipment loop. Letting it still walk on water and not benefitting from other equipment.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

  17. #377
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Much like the sky golem they should have left the water strider out of the equipment loop. Letting it still walk on water and not benefitting from other equipment.
    As I just posted, that would obviate the whole reason for the change in the first place.

    If they made equipment mount-specific as opposed to apply to all your mounts, that could work. But for example, I have over 400 mounts. So that would be a pretty heavy burden for me, and would lead to me only putting equipment on my favorite mounts, and the 380-odd others would never get used. So that would be a real bummer.

  18. #378
    Something about travel form, is it just slap into face for druid players? Sky golem users will have both gathering on mount and water walking (yes, i got this mount) and druids will be forced to use sky golem because it will be better than now. Actually druid travel form > sky golem.

  19. #379
    Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    Something about travel form, is it just slap into face for druid players? Sky golem users will have both gathering on mount and water walking (yes, i got this mount) and druids will be forced to use sky golem because it will be better than now. Actually druid travel form > sky golem.
    the sky golem is exempt from the mount equipment for this same reason

  20. #380
    The Patient Darkynhalvos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mississippi, USA
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    I’m very confused about the argument of the mount equipment. Everybody uses the water strider as it is the easiest to travel with the water walking. Blizzard has seen this and decided to add a feature to allow people to use their other mounts and also have water walking. They have removed water walking from the strider...but with the shoes you have it back.

    How is this a bad thing? You also get the option to have other items equiped instead if you don’t want the water walking. They have literally removed nothing (except the baked in water walking on the strider) and opened up the ability to all mounts. Is anybody able to realistically explain the reason people are upset?
    Because we're being forced to pay to regain functionality we've had available to ALL toons, that we EARNED and PAID FOR already.

    The best route would have been to leave the strider untouched, but make it unable to use mount equipment. Just like the sky golem.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •