Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    Something about travel form, is it just slap into face for druid players? Sky golem users will have both gathering on mount and water walking (yes, i got this mount) and druids will be forced to use sky golem because it will be better than now. Actually druid travel form > sky golem.
    The sky golem can't have water walking enabled and still pick herbs while mounted.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    If the waterstrider could have waterwalking and no-daze, you wouldn't use any other ground mount ever. That's the whole problem they're trying to fix.

If the waterstrider had waterwalking and couldn't use other equipment, that would be the only mount you would use for waterwalking. You would put no-daze on all your other mounts. And again, be stuck with the waterstrider only for water. Which again, is the problem they're trying to fix.

The real problem here is that nothing else could ever be as useful as waterwalking. Imagine leveling a mage or warrior or whatever without waterwalking, that would totally suck. No-daze would be useful, but you can get that elsewhere, switch to tank spec or use a 300g consumable. So I plan on keeping waterwalking on every non-DK/shaman character 100% of the time. I won't even remove it when I get flying, because the flying equipment is useless.

Actually I'll probably use it on the shaman too, because that class can't cast waterwalking while already mounted.
    Easy fix, do what they did with the sky golem. Disable mount equipment for mounts with abilities. They already did it for another mount, not hard to apply it here too. The annoying part of this change is you need the equipment per character (from my understanding), OR you need to equip it any expansion that disables flying. In the long term, you'll have to eventually pay for it as it's useless with flying but best equipment without flying (if zone has water).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    Why remove it in the first place? The one from garrison could have taken a bit to earn. Meaning all the hard work for it was for nothing. Not to mention if you bought the one from Karasang wilds for 5k gold. Means you just wasted 5k gold on a useless mount. It started with the devs changing portals, now there changing mounts. Ask yourself what else are they gonna screw up? They could have just left the waterstrider alone and let it keep the ability. Alot of the equipment for mounts can already be found in game. Barding from leatherworkers and items from other professions. Seems like the devs are wasting time on reinventing the wheel again. When they could focus on fixing classes and rng.
    You make it sound like things that we get in previous expansions should matter in the current one. We basically replace everything when new expansions come out, even the rotation is changed for most if not all classes and specializations.

I have an addon that randomly picks through all my appropriate (ie, ground) mounts and use that by default, and a separate keybind for the waterstrider myself. But there are absolutely a ton of people who only use a waterstrider as their ground mount. That's what the devs are trying to fix.

I don't think they picked a very interesting way to do it, because like I said earlier I'll just use the waterwalking equipment all the time, but it does indeed fix that problem.
    People heavily using one mount isn't a problem for anyone except the people pushing cash shop mounts. Tons of people use the JC cat mounts nobody seems to mind that. The water crickets have limited uses so if people atill want to use them in zones or instances without qater more power to them. In an effort to fix a problem Blizzard has created others and not really solved anything. What I am hoping they do is to leave the mounts that do addituonal things alone and outside of the pool of mounts that are buffed with an item. Much like what they said they arendoing with the sky golem and lumber extractor.

Do we know what other pieces of mount equipment there will be? Riding Crop maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    You make it sound like things that we get in previous expansions should matter in the current one. We basically replace everything when new expansions come out, even the rotation is changed for most if not all classes and specializations.
    I think they should try to limit and be mindful about what they do and do remove I think we should all expect expansion feature to change or go away down the line. At the very least know that they might. Ion has said they are looking to get away from stand alone features though so who knows what they will do moving forward. Since WoD they have added in a handful of features or items that people spend all or most of an expansion adding to, unlocking or hunting down. Having that all just go away sucks and seriously hamstrings people wanting to mess with multiple characters or do extra steps for a short lived feature.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    YOu get it in the mail for free if you already have the water strider. If you do not have the water strider, you will have to pay for it at the anglers hub.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong. If you already have the water strider, you will be given a water walking token in the mail...FOR FREE. So, not, you are not forced to pay for anything.
    Thx for repeating it

Do you get a free water walking equipment in the mail for every alt, both now and created in the future? Or is it one per account?

Genuine question as I have a lot of alts, many that I’m slowly leveling (allied races) and every single one uses the strider. Would be quite a nuisance to be required to head to MOP and buy one for each and every alt to regain the functionality they currently have.

Yes, every alt gets one in the mail if you have a waterstrider on your account.

As for future ones, I guess you could keep making new characters to save 40 gold. I don't know if anyone has tested that on the PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Do you get a free water walking equipment in the mail for every alt, both now and created in the future? Or is it one per account?

Genuine question as I have a lot of alts, many that I’m slowly leveling (allied races) and every single one uses the strider. Would be quite a nuisance to be required to head to MOP and buy one for each and every alt to regain the functionality they currently have.
    For every alt that is at least level 100 when the patch drops. Anything below that would need to get that item in the mail from a char that can buy it.

Ahh so it is a one-time thing? I hadn't seen anyone test that either, but it seems reasonable enough. I plan to go and buy a couple stacks of them when the patch hits just in case I ever want to switch.

Yes, every alt gets one in the mail if you have a waterstrider on your account.

As for future ones, I guess you could keep making new characters to save 40 gold. I don't know if anyone has tested that on the PTR.
    40g doesn’t really bother me (although it is charging for something that is currently free), it’s just the hassle. With BoA mounts, all my alts can use the strider after they learn riding.

Post patch, I can see it now. Log into a sub 100 Allied race I’m slowly leveling, mount the strider, run into a body of water and sink. Swear under my breath, log out, log main, head to MOP, buy the token, post it to said alt, log alt. Hearth to a mailbox, equip said item, head back to where I was questing... by now I’m over it, QQ and logout.

Just seems to add an unnecessary annoyance.

Would be better IMO if either the strider retained its uniqueness but didn’t benefit from equipment -or- they make water walking (for strider owners) a creatable item via the collections tab. I mean let’s be honest, 40g is virtually the same as free. It’s the time cost that annoys me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    YOu get it in the mail for free if you already have the water strider. If you do not have the water strider, you will have to pay for it at the anglers hub.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong. If you already have the water strider, you will be given a water walking token in the mail...FOR FREE. So, not, you are not forced to pay for anything.
    Except that free item ONLY works for ONE toon. You must pay for EVERY OTHER toon you want waterwalking on.

Currently ALL of our toons have access through the strider.

So yes, we ARE being forced to pay to regain what we ALREADY EARNED.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Mounts most definitely SHOULD remain untouched and SHOULD matter 10 expacks later just as when you first get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post

If they had a system where families of mounts have different abilities, it would have been a lot better.

Example: Tigers jump high, horses prevent daze, striders and crocs allow water walking, etc....
    Ugh, please no. BFA's hunter pets returning to "themed families" totally wrecked my snake-concept hunter, I'd rather not have my character concepts imposed upon further.

There is no sane argument against mount equipment as it's been defined now. While you cannot fly, water walking will be used, it will be cheap to replace if you have the anglers' rep, which can be guaranteed with timewalking tokens. This is the best solution. The end.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2019-04-19 at 03:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Do we know what other pieces of mount equipment there will be? Riding Crop maybe?
    No clue, but herb gathering needs to be part of the choices if they insist on this asinine strider nerf.

All mounts keep their specials or NONE do. Fair's fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by majesta View Post
    No, it won't. The fact you don't get this is mind-blowing. Yes, I can equip something, but default out of the gate, the mount is no longer the same when I jump onto a character for the first time. And yes, with Blizzard water walking is god like. I can see them being super edge lords and having entire zones where water walking is a must after this change in the next expansion.
    It's funny to me that people don't understand that if your character had water-strider mount already he'll get a copy of water-walking equipment for free in a mail. You just have to log in and socket it in
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post
    No clue, but herb gathering needs to be part of the choices if they insist on this asinine strider nerf.

All mounts keep their specials or NONE do. Fair's fair.
    You are right, Water Strider no longer walks on water. Sky Golem can no longer farm herbs. Death knights and shamans are no longer able to water walk. Tauren can no longer harvest nodes in any form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    Why remove it in the first place? The one from garrison could have taken a bit to earn. Meaning all the hard work for it was for nothing. Not to mention if you bought the one from Karasang wilds for 5k gold. Means you just wasted 5k gold on a useless mount.
    Did you buy this mount for 5k and never ever used it before this change? How a sane person can say that he wasted money on a useless thing, after using it for years?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    40g doesn’t really bother me (although it is charging for something that is currently free), it’s just the hassle. With BoA mounts, all my alts can use the strider after they learn riding.
    See it as future-investment. It's a system, where you'll have more options. I, for one, on my alt shaman, can't give a rats ass about waterwalking mount and would be happy to have no-daze equipment, so i'll probably send this token to someone else.

It's also worth noting that amount of characters you can possibly have on your account is limited, and in worst case of having only one character 110+ you'll have to spend 2450g. Yeah. People are crazy if they think that spending 2450g for waterwalking on any mount, instead of hating yourself for using ugly as fuck water strider.

Also no one removed water walking potions, or raft toy.

This outrage is ridiculous

- - - Updated - - -

Except that free item ONLY works for ONE toon. You must pay for EVERY OTHER toon you want waterwalking on.

Like paying for flight license? Or doing pathfinder achievement? And damn, people make emphasis on EARNED, but fail to realize that there is nothing to EARN already, since thanks to timewalking you get this rep in a matter of hours on any toon you want. Even if you EARNED it back in MoP, you still had great time with it, now, you have to understand that this waterwalking mount (and herb-gathering one to less extent) holds developers back from developing new features for mounts, so they have to change it. Change is good. Accept change. Worship it. There is no rules anyways. Everything goes just as planned.

Mounts most definitely SHOULD remain untouched and SHOULD matter 10 expacks later just as when you first get it.
    And it still does with this new system...
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I bought the mount and still used it even in BFA. If anything the equipment is wasted development time. Leatherworkers made the barding that prevented being dazed. Alchemist made water walking potions. Blacksmiths made the stirrups that allowed you to gather while mounted. Engineers made goblin gliders which helped if you needed or got dismounted while flying. With the waterwalking equipment you get hit once and you fall into the water no real difference from that of a potion. Except now its vendor instead of a player making and selling the potion. It's stupid really that the devs wasted time on this when the game already had systems that could do all of it. They want to overhaul things that shouldn't be replaced. Most players have alts that could make all the items needed. Now I am sure there looking to lock items behind rep. They could have used the development time to address other issues of the game. Like fixing classes, etc. But now items that players have made and probably stockpiled are gonna be useless. Players really need to start asking why there waiting development time with stuff like this. Come on Activision lay some of these idiots off already and replace them with devs that actually work.

Incorrect. Every lvl 100+ character gets their own water walking item in the mail when 8.2 releases if your account has a waterstrider on it.

Now that is only one, and they are consumable. So if you ever decide to switch that character to no-daze or whatever, you'll have to buy another water-walking equipment (for 40g) to get it back on that character.

From what I've heard, you are supposed to be able to equip mount equipment at level 20 but that is currently bugged. Hopefully they end up mailing water-walking to level 20 characters as well, because it's insanely useful while leveling.