Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by majesta View Post
    No, it won't. The fact you don't get this is mind-blowing. Yes, I can equip something, but default out of the gate, the mount is no longer the same when I jump onto a character for the first time. And yes, with Blizzard water walking is god like. I can see them being super edge lords and having entire zones where water walking is a must after this change in the next expansion.
    It's funny to me that people don't understand that if your character had water-strider mount already he'll get a copy of water-walking equipment for free in a mail. You just have to log in and socket it in
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post
    No clue, but herb gathering needs to be part of the choices if they insist on this asinine strider nerf.

All mounts keep their specials or NONE do. Fair's fair.
    You are right, Water Strider no longer walks on water. Sky Golem can no longer farm herbs. Death knights and shamans are no longer able to water walk. Tauren can no longer harvest nodes in any form.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    Why remove it in the first place? The one from garrison could have taken a bit to earn. Meaning all the hard work for it was for nothing. Not to mention if you bought the one from Karasang wilds for 5k gold. Means you just wasted 5k gold on a useless mount.
    Did you buy this mount for 5k and never ever used it before this change? How a sane person can say that he wasted money on a useless thing, after using it for years?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    40g doesn’t really bother me (although it is charging for something that is currently free), it’s just the hassle. With BoA mounts, all my alts can use the strider after they learn riding.
    See it as future-investment. It's a system, where you'll have more options. I, for one, on my alt shaman, can't give a rats ass about waterwalking mount and would be happy to have no-daze equipment, so i'll probably send this token to someone else.

It's also worth noting that amount of characters you can possibly have on your account is limited, and in worst case of having only one character 110+ you'll have to spend 2450g. Yeah. People are crazy if they think that spending 2450g for waterwalking on any mount, instead of hating yourself for using ugly as fuck water strider.

Also no one removed water walking potions, or raft toy.

This outrage is ridiculous

- - - Updated - - -

Except that free item ONLY works for ONE toon. You must pay for EVERY OTHER toon you want waterwalking on.

Currently ALL of our toons have access through the strider.

So yes, we ARE being forced to pay to regain what we ALREADY EARNED.
    Like paying for flight license? Or doing pathfinder achievement? And damn, people make emphasis on EARNED, but fail to realize that there is nothing to EARN already, since thanks to timewalking you get this rep in a matter of hours on any toon you want. Even if you EARNED it back in MoP, you still had great time with it, now, you have to understand that this waterwalking mount (and herb-gathering one to less extent) holds developers back from developing new features for mounts, so they have to change it. Change is good. Accept change. Worship it. There is no rules anyways. Everything goes just as planned.

Mounts most definitely SHOULD remain untouched and SHOULD matter 10 expacks later just as when you first get it.
    And it still does with this new system...
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I bought the mount and still used it even in BFA. If anything the equipment is wasted development time. Leatherworkers made the barding that prevented being dazed. Alchemist made water walking potions. Blacksmiths made the stirrups that allowed you to gather while mounted. Engineers made goblin gliders which helped if you needed or got dismounted while flying. With the waterwalking equipment you get hit once and you fall into the water no real difference from that of a potion. Except now its vendor instead of a player making and selling the potion. It's stupid really that the devs wasted time on this when the game already had systems that could do all of it. They want to overhaul things that shouldn't be replaced. Most players have alts that could make all the items needed. Now I am sure there looking to lock items behind rep. They could have used the development time to address other issues of the game. Like fixing classes, etc. But now items that players have made and probably stockpiled are gonna be useless. Players really need to start asking why there waiting development time with stuff like this. Come on Activision lay some of these idiots off already and replace them with devs that actually work.

Except that free item ONLY works for ONE toon. You must pay for EVERY OTHER toon you want waterwalking on.

Currently ALL of our toons have access through the strider.

So yes, we ARE being forced to pay to regain what we ALREADY EARNED.
    Incorrect. Every lvl 100+ character gets their own water walking item in the mail when 8.2 releases if your account has a waterstrider on it.

Now that is only one, and they are consumable. So if you ever decide to switch that character to no-daze or whatever, you'll have to buy another water-walking equipment (for 40g) to get it back on that character.

From what I've heard, you are supposed to be able to equip mount equipment at level 20 but that is currently bugged. Hopefully they end up mailing water-walking to level 20 characters as well, because it's insanely useful while leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    I could probably design a better system than the Blizz one in 2 hours.
    Dont want to attack you Personally, but I read these lines so often recently. I wonder how many of you who say this, actually are Successful GameDesigners.