Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Patch 8.1.5 PvP Hotfixes - April 16, PTR Bug Report Update, Water Strider Discussion

Patch 8.1.5 PvP Hotfixes – April 16
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We’re working on a couple of PvP hotfixes that will go live with weekly scheduled maintenance in each region (starting tomorrow on all American realms).

Player versus Player
    • Resolved an issue that prevented the intended 50% reduction to Azerite Traits in PvP from being applied to Traits found on Engineering helms.
    • The effectiveness of Ward of Envelopment, Mirror of Entwined Fate, and Void Stone in PvP has been reduced by 50% for player characters who are not in a healing specialization.
    • The effectiveness of Diamond-Laced Refracting Prism in PvP has been reduced by 50% for player characters who are not in a tank specialization.

PTR Bug Report Update
    Originally Posted by Blizzquote (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We’ve got an update incoming to the In-Game Bug Reporter for our Public Test Realm (PTR). We’re excited about this, because it should make it even easier for testers to get the right information to us as quickly as possible.

Starting with the Rise of Azshara PTR, you’ll see a new context-sensitive hotkey for submitting bug reports. When you mouse over any Creature, NPC, Item, Achievement, or Spell in the game, there’s now some blue text at the bottom of the tooltip that reads “Press F6 to submit a bug for this Item”.

Simply hit that hotkey while mousing over the item or creature or spell you’d like to report, and you’ll see a text box pop up with the model of the creature or icon corresponding to the relevant spell or item. From there just type a short description of the misbehavior you observed, and your bug report will be sent to our Quality Assurance team for review.

The default hotkey for bug reporting is F6, but this can be re-bound to any other key by pressing escape to bring up the game menu, and then selecting Key Bindings. Find the PTR sub-section of the Key Bindings menu and set the hotkey for the Tooltip Bug Hotkey to any key you like.

Thanks to all testers who’ve used the In-Game Bug Reporter in previous PTRs. With your help, we’ve been able to review tens of thousands of bug reports. With these upcoming improvements to the system, we hope to be able to process and review even more issues that you send our way.
    We’ll see you in the PTR.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    How do you report something that the game doesn’t recognize as an object? Like misplaced textures or missing objects.
    There will still be an on-screen bug button that you can use to submit anything you’d like to, from any disposition.

Water Strider Discussion
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    A small clarification to our plans with Mount Equipment–
    Hitting level 100 on one character will unlock this system. Once unlocked, the system will be available to all characters, and the equipment pieces themselves will require level 20. If your goal is to have waterwalking while leveling, you can just enable the waterwalking Mount Equipment (there will be one available via Anglers reputation that will be bind-on-account), and it’ll work exactly as before, with the benefit of making all of that character’s mounts walk on water. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Yeah, but now you’d have the ability to use a mount, besides the Water Strider.
    I dunno about you, but being stuck using only one mount forever sounds absolutely boring as hell

That’s one of the goals here. There are a lot of mounts out there and it’s strange to have a “wrong choice” when out running around. You’ll easily be able to keep the ability just as you have it now but there will be other options that you (the player) can make if you prefer something else. How you about the world, where you often go, and how fast you like to escape from things could all contribute to what works best for your playstyle.

There are a few extra notes so like Death Knights can do waterwalking via Path of Frost (and Shaman with Water Walking). That should help empower these classes a bit and help make them feel a bit more unique.

I’m not sure what the price of the waterwalking shoes will be offhand, but it should be pretty affordable on the Anglers vendor. We’ll have the PTR up soon™ and look forward to hearing your feedback on that. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Would it be possible to have the water strider be like the sky golem. It can have innate water walking but is not effected by mount equipment?
    I will check but my personal opinion from my play experience is that the water strider ability is just much stronger than the sky golem herbing. We nerfed the water strider once and if we leave it with the ability there then it’s more in the line of getting everything and less of making a choice for what you want. We want there to be a choice based on your play and interests. If herbing on the run provides too strong of a benefit then there might need to be changes there but currently I don’t think that’s the case. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Brave soul. I commend you for stepping into this thread on the Monday evening preceding the drop of 8.2 on the PTR. However, this price you speak of not knowing offhand is what will be a determining factor in many players decisions. Personally, I’ve stuck by/accepted/dealt with the changes made over the years to keep the gameplay from just becoming a static habit. But having spent my money and time acquiring the rep required to gain the reward, only to have it removed and then require it to be re-purchased…no. That’s the line. I’m sorry to sound like I’m giving an ultimatum because it’s not. It’s a decision made based on honor, or the lack thereof.

EDIT - and to be perfectly fair, yes, I agree and have so for many years that Blizzard has the right to change content at their discretion at any time. But this is one of those times I won’t be agreeing with it.

Just something I’d like to get your perspective on, if the character who earned the Anglers reputation along with the mount gets the water walking item for free, what would a fair price be for the alts to get it? If that character who earned the reputation and mount has the option to water walk (but might choose something else), do you feel that alts should have every single thing that the other characters have?

Also, just out of curiosity, how often would you estimate that you have you used the water strider mount in the 6+ years it’s been available?
    Thanks folks for chatting! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Dark Legacy Comics #674
    DLC #674 has been released.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm a huge fan of mount equipment and am ok with finally not being forced to use the Water Strider.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I'm a huge fan of mount equipment and am ok with finally not being forced to use the Water Strider.
    Won’t say I’m a fan of it, but it’s qn interesting idea for some work around WoD minor problems/annoyances involving mounts. Wonder how long before all the naysayers and complainers take to pop up speaking about how horrible things like this are and why Blizz doesn’t do other things.

Honestly, after they said that the use of mount equipment would be an account wide unlock and that the water walking would be a cheap BOA from a vender pretty much any concerns I had were addressed. Depending on what price they give it I think this is a fair. We all know that the majority of people will be using the water walking and this'll be a huge improvement to the game seeing a larger variety of mounts being used. The one thing I would change is make the item purchasable by any character on the account instead of only by the character who earned it. Maybe have an account wide achievement that is required for it to be available or something, but just have it so you can either mail it to the low level alt, or have the alt go there later once they've leveled up to get it for themselves if they try swapping it out.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Won’t say I’m a fan of it, but it’s qn interesting idea for some work around WoD minor problems/annoyances involving mounts. Wonder how long before all the naysayers and complainers take to pop up speaking about how horrible things like this are and why Blizz doesn’t do other things.
    You just know they'll add more equipment over time. Maybe a Demon Hunter Glide type ability for using flying mounts in non-flying areas.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

The funny thing is: mount equipment will drop basically at the same time flying will become avaiable, making it completely unnoticeable until the next expansion hits (except for a final no-flying patch or lv60- characters).

I agree it's a bummer to lose the "prestige" of having earned the Water Strider, but to be perfectly honest EVERYONE has one, there's no prestige anymore (timewalking makes it really fast to earn reputation via tokens anyway). During MoP (remember: 7 years ago!) it was really a feat to have it, I remember in my server really few people had it, but it's already time to let it go.

I'll probably get the slow fall equipment because even though my main is an engineer, I can't really bother to remember making bundles of Goblin Gliders and send to all my alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard nerfing equipment like those trinkets just because other specs use them is always so sad to me. Itemization in WoW used to be far more fun and now they keep it so bland. I think it’s cool if other specs use items meant for a spec that isn’t their own. It adds depth and they sacrifice damage for some survability or utility. But no blizzard nerfs it for those specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Blizzard nerfing equipment like those trinkets just because other specs use them is always so sad to me. Itemization in WoW used to be far more fun and now they keep it so bland. I think it’s cool if other specs use items meant for a spec that isn’t their own. It adds depth and they sacrifice damage for some survability or utility. But no blizzard nerfs it for those specs.
    It's because those trinkets, like the Diamond-Laced Refracting Prism, were stupid broken in pvp. Sure they could of nerfed it for just pvp, but I'm positive it's possible to negate mechanics with that shield strength.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

I still do not get what is this water walking talk but that last question by blizzard asking how often you used water strider? like is he kidding? I do not use anything else? for alts especially it is absolutely necessary until flying.

Quote Originally Posted by dshiryu View Post
    The funny thing is: mount equipment will drop basically at the same time flying will become avaiable, making it completely unnoticeable until the next expansion hits (except for a final no-flying patch or lv60- characters).

I agree it's a bummer to lose the "prestige" of having earned the Water Strider, but to be perfectly honest EVERYONE has one, there's no prestige anymore (timewalking makes it really fast to earn reputation via tokens anyway). During MoP (remember: 7 years ago!) it was really a feat to have it, I remember in my server really few people had it, but it's already time to let it go.

I'll probably get the slow fall equipment because even though my main is an engineer, I can't really bother to remember making bundles of Goblin Gliders and send to all my alts.
    They have it already. Goblin glider. The bad portion of this is it opens the door for them to change how water walking is gained much easier. Like linking it to an achievement if they so chose. Remember when flying was just a purchase and now its a grind?

"I will check but my personal opinion from my play experience is that..." Hahahahahaha, good joke!

Why are people even complaining about the strider ? I don't get it... They said you got a BOA item if you already have the mount, so you don't have to "buy" anything and you don't lose anything. The water strider is ugly and I'm glad I'll be able to use another mount in Nazmir ect... For me it's a GOOD news, and mount equipement is something I wanted since, let's say... VANILLA

You know what, with all the alt 100+ I had, I got from neutral to exalted IN JUST ONE WEEK, you do ONE SINGLE DUNGEON for the 500 quest (15 min MAX) with all your alt and bingo, you're exalted. There was nothing hard to do..... nothing at all, no grind, N O T H I N G, just some stupidly easy dungeons in facerolling mode

The whiners should leave this game and play something else, really.

What the hell is the problem with this community ??? It's a serious question

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DonSerrot View Post
    Honestly, after they said that the use of mount equipment would be an account wide unlock and that the water walking would be a cheap BOA from a vender pretty much any concerns I had were addressed. Depending on what price they give it I think this is a fair. We all know that the majority of people will be using the water walking and this'll be a huge improvement to the game seeing a larger variety of mounts being used. The one thing I would change is make the item purchasable by any character on the account instead of only by the character who earned it. Maybe have an account wide achievement that is required for it to be available or something, but just have it so you can either mail it to the low level alt, or have the alt go there later once they've leveled up to get it for themselves if they try swapping it out.
    READ IT AGAIN, you get it for free if you already have the strider... It's BOA, it means than once you've "learned" it, all your char can use it via the mount pannel, you know, like all the FU**ING MOUNTS for like 10 years now. We don't even have to go to Nat Pagle... -_______-"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Not really, that makes some class to powerful and these trinket are NOT availiable for class without healing/tank spec (hunters!)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I still do not get what is this water walking talk but that last question by blizzard asking how often you used water strider? like is he kidding? I do not use anything else? for alts especially it is absolutely necessary until flying.
    Do you know that if you put it in your favorite mounts, its automatically summoned when you're walking on water or swimming at the surface ?...
    Last edited by vashe9; 2019-04-16 at 06:16 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    What is the fucking point? Same patch we get flying...

10+ Year Old Account
    I see dear old Blizzard is still harping on about the waterstriders lol.

Being able to use any mount sure is a nice change though. Depends on how much slots you have.
    Dat question about "how often" though. LoL is he kidding? You use that thing virtually every goddamn time they make you quest near water.

I only use it near water...i have an addon that randomly summons any of my hundreds of mounts but when im in/near water it pops the strider.
    Thus solving the "i only use it" problem.
    This change is just annoying to me and so unnecesary

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, just out of curiosity, how often would you estimate that you have you used the water strider mount in the 6+ years it’s been available?
    He's joking right? Until Blizzard made underwater mounts realistically obtainable in Legion (no the Poseidus mount doesn't count) people have been using the Water Strider almost exclusively when traveling near water since MoP. Heck I would use the UW mounts more if they would surface properly instead of hopping out of the water and dismounting all the time or gave a delay on the breath bar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    He's joking right? Until Blizzard made underwater mounts realistically obtainable in Legion (no the Poseidus mount doesn't count) people have been using the Water Strider almost exclusively when traveling near water since MoP. Heck I would use the UW mounts more if they would surface properly instead of hopping out of the water and dismounting all the time or gave a delay on the breath bar.
    Yeah, it just could have been great if they would have put a bit more effort in this. Like you said - underwater mounts should be able to swim on the surface properly. Additionally a bit more creativity would have been great to utilize more mounts. E.g. Crocolisks and Hippos could be able to swim on and unter the water surface, but get a ~10% speed reduction when walking on proper ground. Water breathing for some underwater mounts would also be nice, even if underwater breathing is not that big of a deal anymore. Horses could get a +10% movement boost, goats and rams a DH'ish double jump, wolves a short movement speed boost as special ability, dragons a short 1,5sec stun when landing.... I could go on like this forever :P

Just add some unique stuff and stop the generic solutions for everything. I just hate myself for wasting so many timewarped badges to push the reputation to buy the water strider ~4months ago. Did not need it before since I mained DK most of the time. Now there are new mounts available for the badges and I cannot buy them x_x
    Last edited by Piesor; 2019-04-16 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Realistically? In legion? All you had to do was fish in 3 spots for 3-5 minutes daily to get the mount... in mop

Quote Originally Posted by dshiryu View Post
    Even that argument, as powerless as it is today, is still somewhat valid, since the water walking item will be on the same vendor that sells you the strider in the first place. And of course you still have the mount to show off if you so wish!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Being able to use any mount sure is a nice change though. Depends on how much slots you have.
    There is only one slot, so you get to decide if you want water walking or any of the other options. I'll definitely use water walking though. Daze protection is nice and all, but then, tanks don't get dazed in the first place.

15+ Year Old Account
    People are so freaking stupid. Seriously moronic.

Currently: Water Walking on Water Striders only.

8.2: If you have a Water Strider you get Water Walking on all mounts, account wide, for free, with the option to swap it out for other mount utility.

It is, without any doubt, a pure buff to your mount collection.

Worst case scenario, you login, equip the free Inflatible Mount Shoes you get in the mail, and now you have permanent free Water Walking on your entire collection, including on your Water Striders, just like before.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2019-04-16 at 09:49 AM.