Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Eternal Palace release date

    When do you think the new Azshara raid (Eternal Palace) will be released? I suspect that it'd be a little while after 8.2 to give people some breathing room after Battle for Dazar'alor and Crucible of Storms. Plus they want to release this raid as late in the summer holidays as possible as people finish their summer vacations.

    Battle for Dazar'alor - 22 January
    Crucible of Storms - 16 April
    8.2 PTR - mid April
    8.2 release - mid June
    Eternal Palace release - late July

  2. #2
    They just said its going to be open two or three weeks after the patch, so then.

  3. #3
    I don't want to see a new raid mid summer.

    I'd pref them waiting till the start of august tbh.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalvia View Post
    I don't want to see a new raid mid summer.

    I'd pref them waiting till the start of august tbh.
    It will be in July almost guaranteed, probably the 16th to desperate itself from the 4th weekend. The patch itself has late June written all over it.

  5. #5
    Late june or sometime in July. Makes me sad just writing it, since its just 16 april.

  6. #6
    Yeah 3 months until 8.2 is a hella long time, and ToS came out in June after a January NH release. But we have CoS to kill some more time I guess.

  7. #7
    It will be at july 2th to compete with the direct competition called ffxiv expansion which releases on that day as well, patch will be out june 16th (2 months from today since ptr is starting today) just wait and you'll see.

  8. #8
    Usually takes about 3 months from the first raid encounter being on the ptr to the raid being released. I'm guessing it will be a few weeks before the first encounter is on the ptr, so start of August.

  9. #9
    There is a huge factor to consider here.

    They wont cannibalize 8.2 with the release of WOW Classic, that would be shooting themselves in the foot badly.

    And as we all know, Classic is set for a summer release.

  10. #10
    To be honest, lets just give them more time this time to make a good patch.
    Just unsubscribe from the game and re-sub when 8.2 hits live.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    There is a huge factor to consider here.

    They wont cannibalize 8.2 with the release of WOW Classic, that would be shooting themselves in the foot badly.

    And as we all know, Classic is set for a summer release.
    Which since there's a beta spinning up, means late Aug/Early sept.

    I'd see June 25 for 8.2 and then July 9 or 16 for the raid, they said it would just be a couple of weeks after.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pilek01 View Post
    To be honest, lets just give them more time this time to make a good patch.
    Just unsubscribe from the game and re-sub when 8.2 hits live.
    They don't take time anymore lol, the patch will be released to compete with Shadowbringers for July 2nd.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalvia View Post
    I don't want to see a new raid mid summer.

    I'd pref them waiting till the start of august tbh.
    Honestly unlikely. I don't think they can make this mini raid last 4 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

    Zyky is better than you.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    It will be at july 2th to compete with the direct competition called ffxiv expansion which releases on that day as well, patch will be out june 16th (2 months from today since ptr is starting today) just wait and you'll see.
    Honestly, this argument makes less sense every time I see it.
    Releasing a raid, which only addresses a certain portion of the playerbase, at least in the first handful of weeks, to compete with a new expansion for another game?
    Many of those that leave WoW in favor of FF want a fresh experience and thus pick up a game they likely haven't played before. Regular content for the game that bored you isn't gonna get you back.
    On the contrary, it would make sense to release your own content in the lull time of the competitor, to gather those that are bored then and there.

    However, Blizzard's mantra to release times is "when it's done". The gaps are already large enough, artificially delaying content by a week or four to have it overlap with a competitor is risky in several ways:
    The strategy could simply not work, more people would choose the competitor than your game.
    You could alienate those that intended to stay with your game, possibly driving them right into the competitor's arms.

    A game isn't some soft drink or piece of clothing, where people are fickle enough to be swayed easily by marketing strategies. Just look at the shitshow of the Epic Store to see that this is very dangerous in the games industry.
    What does it do? Ask TokenSplainer! | Keep track of your Possessions

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Honestly, this argument makes less sense every time I see it.
    Releasing a raid, which only addresses a certain portion of the playerbase, at least in the first handful of weeks, to compete with a new expansion for another game?
    Many of those that leave WoW in favor of FF want a fresh experience and thus pick up a game they likely haven't played before. Regular content for the game that bored you isn't gonna get you back.
    On the contrary, it would make sense to release your own content in the lull time of the competitor, to gather those that are bored then and there.

    However, Blizzard's mantra to release times is "when it's done". The gaps are already large enough, artificially delaying content by a week or four to have it overlap with a competitor is risky in several ways:
    The strategy could simply not work, more people would choose the competitor than your game.
    You could alienate those that intended to stay with your game, possibly driving them right into the competitor's arms.

    A game isn't some soft drink or piece of clothing, where people are fickle enough to be swayed easily by marketing strategies. Just look at the shitshow of the Epic Store to see that this is very dangerous in the games industry.
    Except every major release for blizzard is around some other release. 8.2 will be released late June, though not JUST because of Shadowbringers, it's also right on time for the release itself.

    July 9 or 16th for the raid is also right on time.

  15. #15
    I hope it's not in june, I don't want to miss a progression week due to vacation >.<
    See me for the stick up your arse, when applying for moderator. The stick is gratis.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Except every major release for blizzard is around some other release. 8.2 will be released late June, though not JUST because of Shadowbringers, it's also right on time for the release itself.
    Well assuming 2-4 major/medium releases each year = 52 weeks, it's not too much of a coincidence to land within a few weeks of a competitor's release. In Legion we even had the 11 week cycle, unintended or at most a sign that they kept working at a constant pace, and still people said it was planned to coincide with this or that.
    What does it do? Ask TokenSplainer! | Keep track of your Possessions

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Well assuming 2-4 major/medium releases each year = 52 weeks, it's not too much of a coincidence to land within a few weeks of a competitor's release. In Legion we even had the 11 week cycle, unintended or at most a sign that they kept working at a constant pace, and still people said it was planned to coincide with this or that.
    Which is why I emphasized that late june/early july would be right on schedule for the release, not even having to do with shadowbringers.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I hope it's not in june, I don't want to miss a progression week due to vacation >.<
    8.2 will be the end of june, you're not going to see the raid a week or 2 before the fourth, it's a big deal in the US.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Which is why I emphasized that late june/early july would be right on schedule for the release, not even having to do with shadowbringers.
    Ah sorry, misunderstood the tone and meaning of your post
    What does it do? Ask TokenSplainer! | Keep track of your Possessions

  19. #19
    8.2: June 25
    AEP Raid/Season 3: July 16th

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    8.2: June 25
    AEP Raid/Season 3: July 16th
    Seconded.

    If you're wrong, I'll drink an entire glass of water.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •