Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    They clearly meant Shadow Meld, the night elf racial, which is OP as fuck. Also, Mag'har got as much story in WoD as the draenei did. When it comes to them being an allied race, they're pretty much as simple as brown-skinned orcs. If you know orc history, you know mag'har history. Just because they were all over WoD doesn't mean they were suddenly more in depth as a race.

As for Lightforged, if you think they're just recolored draenei and nothing more then you blatantly didn't pay attention to the tail end of Legion. They're much more in depth than just a recolor. I think you're just grasping at straws to try and make the game look like there is a Horde bias, which is LAUGHABLE after this expansion.
    What are you talking about? They’re literally recolored Draenei. The recruitment quest for LFD has you go with a regular Draenei on a quest to get him upgraded to a Lightforged Draenei. They’re literally upgraded regular Draenei and by upgraded I mean they get a different eye color, a few new hairstyles and some extra tattoos. Blood elves got golden eyes as an extra customization option, that’s already most of what makes an LFD different. Any regular Draenei can become an LFD which we saw through the 10m questline with T’paartos.

Mag’har have been in the game for a long time. I agree that they probably could’ve also been a customization option but there’s a very noticeable difference between a maghar orc in game and a regular orc. 1. Stands upright and 2. Brown skin. With LFD you won’t notice any difference unless you actually look for it. They could’ve easily added LFD as customization to regular Draenei and made Broken the allied race considering the rep grind was with Argussian reach and we just met a bunch of Broken survivers. They also have a lot more established lore. I have no idea how anyone can possibly look at/play LFD and feel like they’re actually playing something different from a regular Draenei.

It’s not similar to dark iron dwarves. DiD could’ve been extra customization as well but they’re so rich in lore and backstory that they kinda deserve to be their own thing. LFD are not and could’ve definitely been a customization option. 3 light tattoo options, golden eyes, 1 crest on the forehead and golden hooves. Yeah, not much is changed there. I’m not saying there’s alliance or horde bias, I’m just saying the alliance allied races really haven’t been that good. Void elves and KT are the only actual new models/physically different (physically meaning something you can actually feel right away like straight back vs hunch back) we have on alliance side.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-04-24 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    It's genuinely ridiculous how expensive reputation mounts are becoming. I'm fine with gold sinks, but dont add them onto reputation grinds as well. The average player cant afford a 90k mount especially after the deflation that has happened this expansion.
    but average player with ease can afford 20 euro for a token - and token will buy you 2 mounts

thats why they raised the cost because otherwise you would be able to buy 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    It's genuinely ridiculous how expensive reputation mounts are becoming. I'm fine with gold sinks, but dont add them onto reputation grinds as well. The average player cant afford a 90k mount especially after the deflation that has happened this expansion.
    This. Forum regulars are not indicative of your average player most of the time. 50-90k is NOT chump change for the majority of people. If you're going to make expensive mounts at least reserve them for new and unique ones.

Luckily this is all still PTR. The mounts will probably stay the same but they could easily change the prices. Also is this before or after discounts?

Mecha-Mogul is 100-150k right now and they expect people to pay 90k a piece for these. I will probably buy them if welfare mounts are not enough when 450 achievement comes out.

What I don't understand is why Blizzard keeps increasing the prices of those not-so-new mounts after they removed the easily obtainable gold from the mission tables. Like, pick one, but don't do both at the same time. The economy on my server is completely broken, I barely make anything from my professions since BfA came out, so I'll have to pass on those gryphons...

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodvampire View Post
    At this point, I already got the 450 mounts achiv, so I only gonna buy this if/when there's a new one.
    The big problem here is the price.
    This is not Legion anymore, I got 4 chars at 120 doing all the emissaries for the 4k on paragon chests and barely making 50k per mouth.
    Of course I could make more gold trough professions or AH, but I don't have much time to play anymore (neither AH mobile, how I miss you) but this is another issue for another topic.
    The point is, recolor of old mounts should be cheaper, like 10 or 15k max, they are not appealing to the theme of the xpac because we already got a ton equal to that, I would gladly pay even more for at least a reskin (like what happen with that golden robot from argus)
    Agreed.

And they should be cheaper because they are part of what you ALREADY EARNED GETTING TO EXALTED!

Its bullcrap the way faction rewards are becoming less and less unlocked/available for grinding the faction and more "faction rank just unlocks this - now you have to earn it with more currency." It was bullcrap that they locked all the faction pet rewards behind rep+PET TOKENS instead of just gold like they use to be. And now they add charging way too much for something that is suppose to be practically an "autoreward" for the grinding.

At 50K plus though it does make it an easy decision to skip, as an Alliance player. I already got plenty of gryphons.
    And if this keeps going for the next expansion it will make it even easier to skip grinding factions altogether, which means I"ll be done playing expansion in about a month and can sooner take my money elsewhere. I got done with this expansion in less than 3 which was a record for me - if the next one's even shorter then I'll drop the monthly sub that I've kept up since launch.

Buncha crap. Exalted faction Rewards should be cheap, not gold dumps.

I've played since day one - even use to game the AH for a few expansions (but not in years) - but I have a total of 500K gold I think (never bought anything more expensive than the 40K dragon-mount potion). NO way in hell I'm spending *more than half* of that on 3 gryphons. When AH Mounts from rare raid drops are cheaper than that! Way too many RNG drops of unique raid mounts to get at LESS THAN 100K a pop.

Keep makin' it easy Blizz.
    Last edited by Koriani; 2019-04-24 at 03:05 PM.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Why are people pissed off? Making gold is piss easy these days.
    Uhm, no it's not. Unless you treat the game like a second job, i.e. farm and/or play the AH, you don't have many options to make gold.

That said, I'm sure as hell not buying recolors for 50k, much less 90k. I'd rather invest that kind of gold into something unique or just buy more sub time.
    Last edited by Trollokdamus; 2019-04-24 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    What I don't understand is why Blizzard keeps increasing the prices of those not-so-new mounts after they removed the easily obtainable gold from the mission tables. Like, pick one, but don't do both at the same time. The economy on my server is completely broken, I barely make anything from my professions since BfA came out, so I'll have to pass on those gryphons...
    They want people that borderline exploited mission gold across multiple characters like me to buy them and remove that money from the economy. And I would happily do so, if the mounts were new models and well, not complete crap.

im gonna pass on thos gryffons rather spend it on something new.

3 hours per day to make 10k gold is not a particularly great return on time spent, but if you're having fun it's all good.

Here is something else very useful that I do every few days. I buy herbs from AH > mill them > craft scrolls > sell them for profit. They sell at very high prices on Tuesdays & Wednesdays.
    You're able to do that because you know how AH works on your realm. You know what to buy, what to sell, when to sell, etc to generate profit. That kind of knowledge comes from studying and monitoring AH to gather data for a substantial amount of time.

Yet even that is not enough. Considering that AH is ever fluctuating, you have to constantly keep your finger on the pulse in order to adapt to any changes in the economy that may occur. What is profitable today will not necessarily remain profitable tomorrow. You have to keep track of different markets, to constantly seek new opportunities. You also have to keep yourself up-to-date on every minor change that is about to come to the game to make educated predictions ahead of time.

That is what playing the AH is. It requires effort, it's time-consuming, and it's not for everyone.
    Last edited by Trollokdamus; 2019-04-24 at 07:59 PM.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    And shouldn't at all be what is necessary to be able to afford EXALTED faction rewards... (playing the AH or spending hours on a daily basis trying to make money...)
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Once you hit like 300-350 mounts, you should start feeling apathetic about newer mounts.

When I got Lord of the Reins title, it was like "Eh, the only mount i've been using this whole time is the Ghastly Charger. What's the point?"

If a mount drops for me, cool. I'm not hunting them anymore. Nor am I going to buy them. Vendor mounts are in the game indefinitely.

No it's not. I spend 2-3 hours playing and I make 5-10k gold a day.

Here is something else very useful that I do every few days. I buy herbs from AH > mill them > craft scrolls > sell them for profit. They sell at very high prices on Tuesdays & Wednesdays.

You just dunno how to make gold & make excuses about not having time.
    Bro 2-3 hours a day is still a decent amount. I might be able to dedicate 10 hours a week most and thats including raiding.

So going by your estimate, lets say 10k a day for 3 hours of playing.

That's still 30 hours just for a fucking reskin on a reputation vendor.

90k in the latest build, per Wowhead

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I don't get it either. I guess at the end of the day you have to just say, alright, I'll never use this mount so whatever. I'm one of those people that got turned off by mount farming in Island Expeditions, though I won't say I'm stopping collecting completely like others have stated
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-04-25 at 02:10 AM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    alliance get the story and characters and horde gets an ugly dino mount, win win i guess?

No it's not. I spend 2-3 hours playing and I make 5-10k gold a day.

You just dunno how to make gold & make excuses about not having time.
    so you spend 3 hours to get 1/15th of gold that anyone can get with staying extra 30-60 minutes in work .

worthy investment of time indeed -_-

with this ratio you would have to spend 30-45 hours to get as much gold as person buying 1 token in EU -_-

such a waste of time -_-

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    90k in the latest build, per Wowhead

- - - Updated - - -

I don't get it either. I guess at the end of the day you have to just say, alright, I'll never use this mount so whatever. I'm one of those people that got turned off by mount farming in Island Expeditions, though I won't say I'm stopping collecting completely like others have stated
    they reason why they do it is because of people's irrrational anger at game shop

those are in reality game shop mounts that are put into game while they know that people who will buy they will do it by buying tokens not by farming gold.

in EU each of them basicly costs 10 euro because you can get 2 for 1 token

the reason why they buffed price was because pre buff you ould buy 3 of them for 1 token making them cost a little but under 7,5 euro - too cheap so they had to buff price to adjust it to shop values.

but sure lets all pretend those are not "shop mounts"

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    So, after the joke that all our BFA faction mounts on release were just the same horse model, with saddles badly copy and pasted from other mounts, I was curious what new faction mounts we'll get in this patch.

Turns out, they're literally just doing slight armour retints on the 7 year old gryphon models from MOP.

You see very few people using the original mount as it is; the model was dated even on release and the origami wings looked stupid as hell.

Now.. for 50k no less, they're using them as the brand new faction mount for the Alliance, 7 years on. Like... I really don't have words for how much of a piss-take this is feeling. Horde get recoloured Pterodax, but at least it was a newly designed model this expansion.

I'm sorry, this probably seems like an incredibly minor thing for a lot of people, but it's just feeling like they're trolling the Alliance at this point.
    So don't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Honestly, I don't really know why you're surprised.
    there's alot of things you don't know, so this isn't surprising.

but yeah, play alliance get shafted that's been the way its been since BC.
    poorly modeled updated model needs a replacement the second it goes live due to poorly animated wings, 7 years later recolor them.

hopefully blizzard joins carbine soon.