Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
LastLast
  1. #141
    Ahh you missed the news. They're 90k now!

  2. #142
    Stop playing alliance - problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Cradix View Post
    And this proves what exactly that counters my argument? I’m sorry but I have big difficulty comprehending random nonsense and stuff taken out of context. Oh look another quest to farm your faction and get rewards. Where should I play my rabbit hunting tonight? Voldun or some other barren space that was allocated as “land of the horde”.

    Funny how you think that those lackluster environments they give you are because you look so much cooler that way.

    Faction pride is pointless but it happens because some players just can’t be nice to others.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Ahh you missed the news. They're 90k now!
    It’s not like the horse faction mounts are nice. We all end up using random whatever that is neutral and available for all.

  4. #144
    90k still isn’t too much honestly, and for the gryphon mounts I find it totally worth it seeing as how those models are hated behind that awful MoP rep. At least that’s what I think anyway i’ll definitely be buying them.

  5. #145
    I’ll buy the color of the onlyone I like most but 90k is way too much.

    I’m glad I’m playing both factions this expansion. Horde got way better mounts this time.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Honestly, I don't really know why you're surprised. When you're playing a faction comprised largely of the most generic fantasy races, you will get generic fantasy mounts.
    This is circular thinking... the faction is only generic because Blizzard continues to make it generic and people like you use the faction being generic as a defense for Blizzards actions.

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    And this proves what exactly that counters my argument?
    Your argument was that no one "made a mockery of the faction".

    That's a slide from last year's Blizzcon where Blizzcon where they, blatantly, make a mockery of the faction as the butt of yet another of their jokes.

  8. #148
    Brewmaster Ticj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,287
    It's genuinely ridiculous how expensive reputation mounts are becoming. I'm fine with gold sinks, but dont add them onto reputation grinds as well. The average player cant afford a 90k mount especially after the deflation that has happened this expansion.

  9. #149
    Pit Lord Izalla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,310
    As someone with only about 300k across all characters on both factions combined... Screw that price tag Blizz. Seriously? For rep mounts? 50k was bad enough.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Cradix View Post
    Your argument was that no one "made a mockery of the faction".

    That's a slide from last year's Blizzcon where Blizzcon where they, blatantly, make a mockery of the faction as the butt of yet another of their jokes.
    Are we going to continue with this circle jerking? Its one thing making a joke about a faction and another making human playing characters a quest target.

    My main worry is that we spend so much time asking who did blizzard screw the most. Well apparently they fucked us all and used our money to do it.

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    They clearly meant Shadow Meld, the night elf racial, which is OP as fuck. Also, Mag'har got as much story in WoD as the draenei did. When it comes to them being an allied race, they're pretty much as simple as brown-skinned orcs. If you know orc history, you know mag'har history. Just because they were all over WoD doesn't mean they were suddenly more in depth as a race.

    As for Lightforged, if you think they're just recolored draenei and nothing more then you blatantly didn't pay attention to the tail end of Legion. They're much more in depth than just a recolor. I think you're just grasping at straws to try and make the game look like there is a Horde bias, which is LAUGHABLE after this expansion.
    What are you talking about? They’re literally recolored Draenei. The recruitment quest for LFD has you go with a regular Draenei on a quest to get him upgraded to a Lightforged Draenei. They’re literally upgraded regular Draenei and by upgraded I mean they get a different eye color, a few new hairstyles and some extra tattoos. Blood elves got golden eyes as an extra customization option, that’s already most of what makes an LFD different. Any regular Draenei can become an LFD which we saw through the 10m questline with T’paartos.

    Mag’har have been in the game for a long time. I agree that they probably could’ve also been a customization option but there’s a very noticeable difference between a maghar orc in game and a regular orc. 1. Stands upright and 2. Brown skin. With LFD you won’t notice any difference unless you actually look for it. They could’ve easily added LFD as customization to regular Draenei and made Broken the allied race considering the rep grind was with Argussian reach and we just met a bunch of Broken survivers. They also have a lot more established lore. I have no idea how anyone can possibly look at/play LFD and feel like they’re actually playing something different from a regular Draenei.

    It’s not similar to dark iron dwarves. DiD could’ve been extra customization as well but they’re so rich in lore and backstory that they kinda deserve to be their own thing. LFD are not and could’ve definitely been a customization option. 3 light tattoo options, golden eyes, 1 crest on the forehead and golden hooves. Yeah, not much is changed there. I’m not saying there’s alliance or horde bias, I’m just saying the alliance allied races really haven’t been that good. Void elves and KT are the only actual new models/physically different (physically meaning something you can actually feel right away like straight back vs hunch back) we have on alliance side.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-04-24 at 11:22 AM.

  12. #152
    Yeah, I chuckled when I saw the gryphons. If they’re trying to save the game, they’re constantly going about it the wrong way. I feel like Blizzard has just given up, though.
    “Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    It's genuinely ridiculous how expensive reputation mounts are becoming. I'm fine with gold sinks, but dont add them onto reputation grinds as well. The average player cant afford a 90k mount especially after the deflation that has happened this expansion.
    but average player with ease can afford 20 euro for a token - and token will buy you 2 mounts

    thats why they raised the cost because otherwise you would be able to buy 3

  14. #154
    Why are people pissed off? Making gold is piss easy these days.

    A fee weeks ago, i was selling feasts for 25k per stack. (Not joking) i buy mats for around 15-16k.

    While i agree that the gryphon is shit. U got hundreds of other mounts. Why cry over this one?

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Why are people pissed off? Making gold is piss easy these days.

    A fee weeks ago, i was selling feasts for 25k per stack. (Not joking) i buy mats for around 15-16k.

    While i agree that the gryphon is shit. U got hundreds of other mounts. Why cry over this one?
    Plenty of mounts, yes, but people being annoyed because they used an old model and tried to pass it up as something new in this xpac, tends to piss players off, so the upset is warranted. It’s lazy and cheap af on Blizzards part.
    Last edited by Winter Blossom; 2019-04-24 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Typos
    “Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

  16. #156
    The Insane Dug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    15,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    It's genuinely ridiculous how expensive reputation mounts are becoming. I'm fine with gold sinks, but dont add them onto reputation grinds as well. The average player cant afford a 90k mount especially after the deflation that has happened this expansion.
    This. Forum regulars are not indicative of your average player most of the time. 50-90k is NOT chump change for the majority of people. If you're going to make expensive mounts at least reserve them for new and unique ones.

  17. #157
    Luckily this is all still PTR. The mounts will probably stay the same but they could easily change the prices. Also is this before or after discounts?

  18. #158
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    378
    Mecha-Mogul is 100-150k right now and they expect people to pay 90k a piece for these. I will probably buy them if welfare mounts are not enough when 450 achievement comes out.

  19. #159
    Scarab Lord Fahrad Wagner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    4,195
    What I don't understand is why Blizzard keeps increasing the prices of those not-so-new mounts after they removed the easily obtainable gold from the mission tables. Like, pick one, but don't do both at the same time. The economy on my server is completely broken, I barely make anything from my professions since BfA came out, so I'll have to pass on those gryphons...

  20. #160
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    B'ham, AL
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodvampire View Post
    At this point, I already got the 450 mounts achiv, so I only gonna buy this if/when there's a new one.
    The big problem here is the price.
    This is not Legion anymore, I got 4 chars at 120 doing all the emissaries for the 4k on paragon chests and barely making 50k per mouth.
    Of course I could make more gold trough professions or AH, but I don't have much time to play anymore (neither AH mobile, how I miss you) but this is another issue for another topic.
    The point is, recolor of old mounts should be cheaper, like 10 or 15k max, they are not appealing to the theme of the xpac because we already got a ton equal to that, I would gladly pay even more for at least a reskin (like what happen with that golden robot from argus)
    Agreed.

    And they should be cheaper because they are part of what you ALREADY EARNED GETTING TO EXALTED!

    Its bullcrap the way faction rewards are becoming less and less unlocked/available for grinding the faction and more "faction rank just unlocks this - now you have to earn it with more currency." It was bullcrap that they locked all the faction pet rewards behind rep+PET TOKENS instead of just gold like they use to be. And now they add charging way too much for something that is suppose to be practically an "autoreward" for the grinding.

    At 50K plus though it does make it an easy decision to skip, as an Alliance player. I already got plenty of gryphons.
    And if this keeps going for the next expansion it will make it even easier to skip grinding factions altogether, which means I"ll be done playing expansion in about a month and can sooner take my money elsewhere. I got done with this expansion in less than 3 which was a record for me - if the next one's even shorter then I'll drop the monthly sub that I've kept up since launch.

    Buncha crap. Exalted faction Rewards should be cheap, not gold dumps.

    I've played since day one - even use to game the AH for a few expansions (but not in years) - but I have a total of 500K gold I think (never bought anything more expensive than the 40K dragon-mount potion). NO way in hell I'm spending *more than half* of that on 3 gryphons. When AH Mounts from rare raid drops are cheaper than that! Way too many RNG drops of unique raid mounts to get at LESS THAN 100K a pop.

    Keep makin' it easy Blizz.
    Last edited by Koriani; 2019-04-24 at 03:05 PM.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •