Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

7 year old Gryphon models for the Alliance... for 50k? wtf?

So, after the joke that all our BFA faction mounts on release were just the same horse model, with saddles badly copy and pasted from other mounts, I was curious what new faction mounts we'll get in this patch.

Turns out, they're literally just doing slight armour retints on the 7 year old gryphon models from MOP.

You see very few people using the original mount as it is; the model was dated even on release and the origami wings looked stupid as hell.

Now.. for 50k no less, they're using them as the brand new faction mount for the Alliance, 7 years on. Like... I really don't have words for how much of a piss-take this is feeling. Horde get recoloured Pterodax, but at least it was a newly designed model this expansion.

I'm sorry, this probably seems like an incredibly minor thing for a lot of people, but it's just feeling like they're trolling the Alliance at this point.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Yeah that's kind of expensive for a gryphon I'll pass on that.

Alliance are second class citizens in world of warcraft.

Horde get a pterodactyl thing and what seems to be a hyena (again) from voldun. Why do they get 2 different mounts while we get 2 of the same?

It’s literally the same problem as the first rep mounts we got. Alliance got 3 different horses while horde got a pterodax, a blood swarmer and a hyena.

Horde get a spectral pterodax, I’m not sure if that’s the one you’re referring to but that’s pretty damn awesome. I’d take that over either of the 2 gryphons.

I will be honest though I do like those Gryphon models. I would just like a bit more variance.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-04-16 at 09:11 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Been waiting For upgraded gryphons of other colours so I’m happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    It’s literally the same problem as the first rep mounts we got. Alliance got 3 different horses while horde got a pterodax, a blood swarmer and a hyena.

Horde get a spectral pterodax, I’m not sure if that’s the one you’re referring to but that’s pretty damn awesome. I’d take that over either of the 2 gryphons.
    :O I only just noticed they get a new spectral Pterodax too, that's awesome. ...and even more depressing that Alliance just get old gryphons
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2019-04-16 at 09:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? That is beyond lame if we are just getting recolors. I guess I will pass on those mounts then

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I don't really know why you're surprised. When you're playing a faction comprised largely of the most generic fantasy races, you will get generic fantasy mounts.

Aren't prices often absolutely fucked up during PTR? If this is the intended price, I agree that it is a ridiculous price.

Atleast now that we get all horses/gryphons imaginable, they will have to create something else right? RIGHT???

Aren't gryphons pretty much flying horses? It's only befiting.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Alliance only wanna take take take do you do it like Anduin and cry a lot until you get what you want?!

They could have at least polished the gryphon model a bit. The paper wings indeed look ridiculous, and its armor has clipping issues.

I'm just incredibly glad that they're on vendors and not in crappy paragon chests. Mounts in paragon chests was the worst thing they've ever done, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Been waiting For upgraded gryphons of other colours so I’m happy.
    Agreed.

My Kul Tiran themed paladin has the gear, tabard, and the charger. He needs the green armored griffon that isn't the one from BC....

If you want 50k of my hard earned gold for that, i'll gladly hand it over. (I mean, doesn't 50k seem right these days? I am not swimming in gold, but even casually playing with a couple professions I have 140k).
    Kepano the Awakened (Main - Resto Shaman)
    Kepana the Seeker (Alt - Druid)

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    They could have at least polished the gryphon model a bit. The paper wings indeed look ridiculous, and its armor has clipping issues.
    Yeah I agree. I think if they'd reworked the models to bring them up to the standard of all of the other latest models I could maybe forgive them. I've never been able to get past the paper wings and other problems with the model.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Honestly, I don't really know why you're surprised. When you're playing a faction comprised largely of the most generic fantasy races, you will get generic fantasy mounts.
    I mean, the only really abnormal Horde race is Tauren ... the rest are generic fantasy races....

Where is that alliance bee mount? Oh you actually believed Blizzard lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I mean, the only really abnormal Horde race is Tauren ... the rest are generic fantasy races....
    I would agree though not really as character playable races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Aren't prices often absolutely fucked up during PTR? If this is the intended price, I agree that it is a ridiculous price.
    Doesn't matter if on live it only costs something like 500 gold....it's just another reskin on a faction that gets nothing but reskins pretty much. Horse after Horse, Gryphon after Gryphon, and Hippogryph after Hippogryph.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Transhumanism View Post
    Alliance only wanna take take take do you do it like Anduin and cry a lot until you get what you want?!
    Spoke like a true Horde handwaver, especially since we haven't taken a damn thing.

Sorry but the Horde are really the only ones who take.