Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    And your argument is weak, your counter examples are equivalent, and you are purposefully not looking at the facts. Good job I guess?

The mounts this expansion lack variation and quality on the Alliance side - if you can't see that then you're blind. I don't give a shit how long you wanted a Tiger, that argument doesn't make any sense in the context of this discussion.
    Yeah.. and there's currently 9 cat mounts in the game that Horde can use, one which is Horde only, and there's an extra tiger if you roll a monk.

I mentioned before that in the past Blizzard did indeed try to balance it more. For the BFA faction mounts they seem to have all but abandoned balance.

Part of me feels like things like the Parrot, bees and Albatross mount may have originally been for Alliance but had to switch around for other reasons. You spend the majority of Tiragarde riding parrots everywhere, it seems weird there not being one as a faction mount.

For people saying "bla bla you chose Alliance and they ride horses", that's a shit argument. They added a captured Bloodswarmer for the Horde so why not a captured Wicker-wolf for the Alliance?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Would be nice if they took another crack at redesigning gryphons. The MoP remodel never really captured the look of the original imo which are still some of my favorite simple mounts but so outdated and ugly by todays standards.
    Agreed. I actually still prefer the original to the MOP redesign, apart from it's low polygon quality. It's got more personality and didn't look as.... "flappy".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tweedzz View Post
    Allied Racial Mounts
    Alliance gets a horse and a unique corehound
    Horde gets a direhorn and wolf
    Unique corehound wins this one for alliance
    It is a unique new updated wolf model. I don't know why they're not using this new model everywhere to be fair. (though we all had plenty of wolves back in MOP)

Okay, looking through all the mounts, ignoring ones that both factions can obtain:

NPC Factions rewards:
    Alliance gets 3 horses and 3 (7 year old) gyphons
    Horde gets a hyena, blood swarmer, pterrordax, armoured pterodax and spectral pterodax
    horde gets better variety and newer mounts overall
    Edited for 8.2
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2019-04-18 at 03:39 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

If you care so deeply about cosmetics you're the aids of Warcraft and the reason they feel the need to add 20-30 new mounts with every .x patch instead of delivering proper gameplay systems and mechanics. Pack your shit.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    It is a unique new updated wolf model. I don't know why they're not using this new model everywhere to be fair.
    It is newly armored sure, but it looks to be the same model as all the wolves since WoD and Garn Nighthowl.

It is newly armored sure, but it looks to be the same model as all the wolves since WoD and Garn Nighthowl.
    It's actually a whole new model and design. I much prefer it - it looks much more based on the original "Epic" wolf mounts with the spikey collars.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Okay, looking through all the mounts, ignoring ones that both factions can obtain:

NPC Factions rewards:
    Alliance gets 3 horses
    Horde gets a hyena, blood swarmer, pterrordax
    horde gets better variety and newer mounts overall

Allied Racial Mounts
    Alliance gets a horse and a unique corehound
    Horde gets a direhorn and wolf
    Unique corehound wins this one for alliance

PvP Ranked Mounts
    Both factions get a basilisk
    Alliance gets two warsabers and a hippo
    Horde gets two warhorses and a clefthoof
    Hippo wins this one for alliance

Everything else is either obtainable from both sides or has equivalence on both sides, or is not unique to BFA and not worth mentioning.

It looks like Horde has a very slight advantage on unique mounts thanks to the NPC factions, however it could also be argued that alliance have a very slight advantage because the Hippo is one of a kind as of right now, where everything else has multiple versions.

TL;DR... this is not really a clear lean one way or the other, why are we complaining about it?
    Alliance is Alliance. They can kill Rastakhan and still cry about Teldrassil.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

At this point, I already got the 450 mounts achiv, so I only gonna buy this if/when there's a new one.
    The big problem here is the price.
    This is not Legion anymore, I got 4 chars at 120 doing all the emissaries for the 4k on paragon chests and barely making 50k per mouth.
    Of course I could make more gold trough professions or AH, but I don't have much time to play anymore (neither AH mobile, how I miss you) but this is another issue for another topic.
    The point is, recolor of old mounts should be cheaper, like 10 or 15k max, they are not appealing to the theme of the xpac because we already got a ton equal to that, I would gladly pay even more for at least a reskin (like what happen with that golden robot from argus)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrunner01 View Post
    If you care so deeply about cosmetics you're the aids of Warcraft and the reason they feel the need to add 20-30 new mounts with every .x patch instead of delivering proper gameplay systems and mechanics. Pack your shit.
    Artists are still not the guys delivering gameplay systems and mechanics.

Pretty horsies and solid game mechanics are not mutualy exclusive or adverse to each other.

(not that I would call adding 20 cheap recolors "caring about cosmetics". The playertype who is responsible for that is the "collector" type that cares about filling bars by grinding stuff not how horse 399 out of 800 looks)
    Last edited by owbu; 2019-04-18 at 03:52 PM.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    It's actually a whole new model and design. I much prefer it - it looks much more based on the original "Epic" wolf mounts with the spikey collars.
    Okay, I have been flipping back between the two in-game and I think you are right, though it is fairly subtle. The Mag'har one is more streamlined (ignoring the ridiculous seat) and better shaped.

That still leaves the factions more even then most people on this thread would want to believe.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    They probably took whatever the new / unique mount was going to be and are going to put it on the in game store. That's the version of Blizzard we have these days.
    you can just look at the other mounts in this patch to disprove that. Sure the alliance keeps getting shafted but there not putif the unique mounts in the shop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Alliance is Alliance. They can kill Rastakhan and still cry about Teldrassil.

Wait do you think a enemy king openly fighting you is the same as burning a ton of civs to death?

These gryphons were originally on the reputation vendors alongside the horses in Beta. Would you rather they make them available or just toss them out?

Considering how easy it is to get 50k gold price is fine...

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Artists are still not the guys delivering gameplay systems and mechanics.

Pretty horsies and solid game mechanics are not mutualy exclusive or adverse to each other.

(not that I would call adding 20 cheap recolors "caring about cosmetics". The playertype who is responsible for that is the "collector" type that cares about filling bars by grinding stuff not how horse 399 out of 800 looks)
    It's about what kind of players Blizzard cater to. If they can keep 100k people happy and playing by adding rehashed cosmetics and simple grind fests, why would they put in an equal amount of man hours to cater to people who want complex gameplay.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobman View Post
    Atleast now that we get all horses/gryphons imaginable, they will have to create something else right? RIGHT???
    Goodness your avatar pic of Jaina is truly the stuff of nightmares. But for some reason I can't look away...

10+ Year Old Account
    50k? That's chump change boyz
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Goodness your avatar pic of Jaina is truly the stuff of nightmares. But for some reason I can't look away...
    Oh thank you, you cannot just simply forget that piece of "art"

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrunner01 View Post
    It's about what kind of players Blizzard cater to. If they can keep 100k people happy and playing by adding rehashed cosmetics and simple grind fests, why would they put in an equal amount of man hours to cater to people who want complex gameplay.
    I think if that was their plan they wouldnt spend a shitton of money on ripping out and changing entire gameplay systems (like removing the artefact weapons and designing azerite).

I think the far more likely explanation is that WoW has all the programmers and devs they need to make a good game, but sometimes they just fuck up.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    And your argument is weak, your counter examples are equivalent, and you are purposefully not looking at the facts. Good job I guess?
    It's pretty clear that you didn't even bother to try to understand my argument, but sure, conclude that it's weak.

My "counter example" is to demonstrate that from the Horde persepective, there are desirable alliance mounts that Horde don't have. It's not meant to be an exhaustive list - it simply serves to dispel the notion of "Horde bias" when looking at the bigger picture. You want to argue that by looking beyond BfA it's irrelevant. I argue that by restricting the view to BfA, the OP is subject to sampling bias.

As for "purposefully not looking at facts", what "facts" are those? I see more opinion than fact.

The mounts this expansion lack variation and quality on the Alliance side - if you can't see that then you're blind.
    What I see is mounts that thematically match the different areas and NPC races instead of some grand anti-alliance, pro-horde conspiracy. Yes, Horde have a different thematic feel about them to Alliance - and they always have. You guys are moaning about horses, but this is an issue dating back to the RTS games where the human knights rode horses and the orcs rode wolves. Gryphons are iconic of the Alliance and have been since WC2. Moaning about it because horde got a Pterrordax, when it's trolls who have the dinosaur theme is just asinine, sorry.

I don't give a shit how long you wanted a Tiger, that argument doesn't make any sense in the context of this discussion.
    That's because you somehow ignored the part of this discussion regarding the OP assertion of pro-Horde bias on the part of the devs. Even if we're prepared to accept that in this particular case we have an example of 1 Horde mount being "objectively" superior to the Alliance equivalent (and no, I don't even accept that - this is a subjective issue) it still doesn't warrant the whine about Horde bias.

Sure, if the OP had complained that he personally didn't like the new Gryphon model and left it there, then you'd be correct. But he chose to go down the path of doing the comparison to Horde and how Alliance are being "trolled".

Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    Alliance are second class citizens in world of warcraft.
    And don't you forget it
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

I am honestly sick of the huge gold sinks.
    Not everyone abused the system and got millions in WoD.
    Not everyone boosts M+ or sells raid mounts.

I spend all my gold on the ridicilously overpriced wow token, why should I want a fucking gryphon for 50k?

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    50k is literally pennies though - that’s nothing.
    Excatly my thought. Everyone who actually play the game have tons of money.