Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Still waiting for drust, bee and corrupted water elemental mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    50k? That's chump change boyz
    Yea 50K gold is cheap, but if you think about it it is the equivalent to $8.37 based on current token price, people forget they are paying real money when it comes to in game gold, you also might say well its not real money I have no other use for this gold, wrong, you can sell your gold to pay your subscription, buy other games or even buy pets, so in a way it is real money

Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    Yea 50K gold is cheap, but if you think about it it is the equivalent to $8.37 based on current token price, people forget they are paying real money when it comes to in game gold, you also might say well its not real money I have no other use for this gold, wrong, you can sell your gold to pay your subscription, buy other games or even buy pets, so in a way it is real money
    Except it's really not and all the run-on sentences in the world won't change the fact it's not actual money and never was.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweedzz View Post
    NPC Factions rewards:
    Alliance gets 3 horses
    Horde gets a hyena, blood swarmer, pterrordax
    horde gets better variety and newer mounts overall

Allied Racial Mounts
    Alliance gets a horse and a unique corehound
    Horde gets a direhorn and wolf
    Unique corehound wins this one for alliance

PvP Ranked Mounts
    Both factions get a basilisk
    Alliance gets two warsabers and a hippo
    Horde gets two warhorses and a clefthoof
    Hippo wins this one for alliance
    I can't help but also look at my collector's edition BFA mount which is horse #5, released first, and set the stage for all this tomfoolery. Still running KR hoping to get a sweet looking throne raptor.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    It's pretty clear that you didn't even bother to try to understand my argument, but sure, conclude that it's weak.

My "counter example" is to demonstrate that from the Horde persepective, there are desirable alliance mounts that Horde don't have. It's not meant to be an exhaustive list - it simply serves to dispel the notion of "Horde bias" when looking at the bigger picture. You want to argue that by looking beyond BfA it's irrelevant. I argue that by restricting the view to BfA, the OP is subject to sampling bias.

As for "purposefully not looking at facts", what "facts" are those? I see more opinion than fact.

What I see is mounts that thematically match the different areas and NPC races instead of some grand anti-alliance, pro-horde conspiracy. Yes, Horde have a different thematic feel about them to Alliance - and they always have. You guys are moaning about horses, but this is an issue dating back to the RTS games where the human knights rode horses and the orcs rode wolves. Gryphons are iconic of the Alliance and have been since WC2. Moaning about it because horde got a Pterrordax, when it's trolls who have the dinosaur theme is just asinine, sorry.

That's because you somehow ignored the part of this discussion regarding the OP assertion of pro-Horde bias on the part of the devs. Even if we're prepared to accept that in this particular case we have an example of 1 Horde mount being "objectively" superior to the Alliance equivalent (and no, I don't even accept that - this is a subjective issue) it still doesn't warrant the whine about Horde bias.

Sure, if the OP had complained that he personally didn't like the new Gryphon model and left it there, then you'd be correct. But he chose to go down the path of doing the comparison to Horde and how Alliance are being "trolled".
    Its a weak argument, because at the crux of it was your false equivalency, and completely ignore the clear objective bias in mounts this expansion.

Again, your counter example is meaningless. It has literally nothing to do with the context of this discussion outside of mentioning a mount. It doesn't dispel any claims of bias, simply because you, one single person, wanted a tiger mount. You aren't "looking at the bigger picture" by mentioning an anecdote about wishing you could have a tiger mount. Alliance having tiger mounts before horde doesn't disprove claims of bias in this thread.

Its not "sampling bias" when looking through a lens of "BFA Faction mounts," as trying to bring in the whole game and every expansion doesn't fix sampling bias, because there isn't any. Its not sampling bias simply because the OP used the expansion as a measurement, and temporal metrics are totally a thing. It'd be a sampling bias if they only used a specific patch, but expansions are something we and Blizzard used to measure things all the time.

The objective measurement comparing different mounts - you are flat out ignoring this. Ironically the only thing you have brought to this discussion are opinions and anecdotes about tigers. But alas, you could have gotten a ZG Tiger in Vanilla up to WotLK I believe? When they were removed?

"Factions are different" isn't an argument to give alliance all horses while the Horde get various mounts. While humans sometimes ride horses in WoW, there are plenty of other things used as mounts. Not only that, but this expansion is a boat/ship/island theme, where horses aren't exactly a central part of their story or lore.

This isn't a whiny argument like you made early. "Ugh! Horde get wolves and Alliance only get Horses!!!" isn't what the argument is, as that would technically be pretty unsurprising and an equal trade-off (as long as quality is similar). But the reality is Alliance get Horses, and then Horde get a Hyena, Blood Swarmer, and Pterrodax. One of which can fly I believe? The Horses this time weren't even well done.

The Gryphon isn't great and suffers massive clipping issues. I don't see how you don't understand the quality issues here.

Be happy they still do content at all for remaning alliance players

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Aren't prices often absolutely fucked up during PTR? If this is the intended price, I agree that it is a ridiculous price.
    I'll say its riduculous. Ridiculously low. The last vendor mounts we got were 3 recolors for a whopping 1 mil gold.

Another gold sink for token purchases.

I kind of always wanted more colors of it, but the model is just so god awful that I really wish they'd have made some fixes to it or an all new gryphon for you guys. Even more so when they're asking 50k for recolors of an old model. On the other hand, it's not as if the pterodactyl isn't a modified version of the Throne of Thunder achievement mount anyway. Not sure why in the world they wouldn't give the grand gryphon model a once over for touch ups and some new, KT themed armor. Isn't it the skeleton and animations that take a long time, not the painting of new textures?

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I'll say its riduculous. Ridiculously low. The last vendor mounts we got were 3 recolors for a whopping 1 mil gold.
    Are you talking about the frogs? At least they were a new mount model.

They should have made a special armored Parrot Gryphon for Alliance. They have the concept in HOTS and it totally fits the Kul Tiras theme!

More gold sinks >.,<? I bet 8.2 will make me blow over 1-2 million gold on stupid vendor again.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    Considering how easy it is to get 50k gold price is fine...
    Not really the point.

The point is Horde got a Pterrodax, Bloodfeaster and Hyena as their 3 rep mounts whereas Alliance got 3 horses for each rep.

It's lazy giving them yet another Gryphon.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    More gold sinks >.,<? I bet 8.2 will make me blow over 1-2 million gold on stupid vendor again.
    It's the only way blizzard can think of to reset the mess from WoD and legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's the only way blizzard can think of to reset the mess from WoD and legion.
    I feel like I can barely keep up, and I prolly already made 8-10 million pure profit in BFA. It sucks...the 5 million gold, the other 1-2 million vendor mounts also and now this. Blizzard sucks as handling their own created problems.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Tweedzz View Post
    Okay, looking through all the mounts, ignoring ones that both factions can obtain:

NPC Factions rewards:
    Alliance gets 3 horses
    Horde gets a hyena, blood swarmer, pterrordax
    horde gets better variety and newer mounts overall

Allied Racial Mounts
    Alliance gets a horse and a unique corehound
    Horde gets a direhorn and wolf
    Unique corehound wins this one for alliance

PvP Ranked Mounts
    Both factions get a basilisk
    Alliance gets two warsabers and a hippo
    Horde gets two warhorses and a clefthoof
    Hippo wins this one for alliance

Everything else is either obtainable from both sides or has equivalence on both sides, or is not unique to BFA and not worth mentioning.

It looks like Horde has a very slight advantage on unique mounts thanks to the NPC factions, however it could also be argued that alliance have a very slight advantage because the Hippo is one of a kind as of right now, where everything else has multiple versions.

TL;DR... this is not really a clear lean one way or the other, why are we complaining about it?
    literally the only smart thing anyone has said that could be regarded as defending the status quo
    i'd argue pvp (at the amount you need to do at ranked) is niche enough that the hippo being good doesnt mean nearly as much as 3 trash horses added onto the other hundred horses and a crap gryphon

the fact people think it is ok to to disregard reality or obfuscate with degenerate RP shit or talk about the cost as if that was the point is very wierd to me

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll pay it! Yeah! YOU'LL PAY ANYTHING!!

they ran out of horse models didnt they?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    You'll pay it! Yeah! YOU'LL PAY ANYTHING!!
    Cannot pay anything if you never go online *SMARTTHINKING*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    they ran out of horse models didnt they?
    Unicorn inc possible? Don't we all want one?
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2019-04-20 at 11:54 PM.

Cool, more low-effort shit for the Alliance.

Is anyone actually surprised at this point? From storytelling to faction-specific content as a whole the Alliance has been an obvious afterthought. The first tier of raiding wasn't even properly explained to the Alliance at all.

The sooner we can get away from faction specific shit the better because apparently that means Horde gets a story from MoP and Alliance doesn't get a story at all.