Speculation: When will we have the release date for WoW Classic?

I know I'm impatient but.....

Speculation: When will we have the release date for WoW Classic? I personally think it will be August. Any ideas on the matter?

16 july the most optimistic date so far.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    My guess; theyre rounding up family & friends beta, finishing up last couple things and are determining marketing/communication.

In 2 weeks we'll get a date, in 3 months we'll be playing.

Sometime this year.

Soon™

It'll be postponed till November 24th so they can milk the 15th anniversary.

a week or so after 8.2 is launched and hype dies down they will roll out classic. (just my theory)
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

After the death of 8.2 , no reason to release it its still activision monitored which means once numbers drop they release it to boost their Subs back up.

Greed Greed =/ where is the old company that was passionate about this game ...

I think sometime next month we'll be notified it's going to get delayed. Considering no beta in sight at all, I would be (pleasantly) surprised if we are able to play Classic before the 15th anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by PavelGolub View Post
    After the death of 8.2 , no reason to release it its still activision monitored which means once numbers drop they release it to boost their Subs back up.

Greed Greed =/ where is the old company that was passionate about this game ...
    Whats wrong with giving players time to enjoy both, 8.2 and vanilla?
    I actually hope vanilla patch cycles will fill gaps between major retail patches

Late summer. When people have consumed 8.2 and hoping to keep people invested. That will carry to blizzcon then blizzcon announces new expansion and blizzard uses release cycle for classic to supply more content, also it wouldn't surprise if they decide to do the same thing with BC as they did with vanilla and use it to fill an expansion gap.

I'm optimistic but a June/July release date seems odd for a WOW product, and September is too close to the Fall. Let's go with early/mid-August.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Soon™
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Soon

5+ Year Old Account
    Classic will release at July 16th.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/...uly_16th_2019/

Also interesting "coincidence" - This will be exactly 3 months after yesterdays beta announcement.

EDIT: Also worth considering: July 16th is a Tuesday. New games very often release on Tuesdays.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post

Also interesting "coincidence" - This will be exactly 3 months after yesterdays beta announcement.

EDIT: Also worth considering: July 16th is a Tuesday. New games very often release on Tuesdays.
    Seems pretty reasonable, also can't wait anymore to waste my lifetime doing gym sessions, football matches and working so i gotta spend that time killing things as a bastard Warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post

Always seemed like baseless speculation to me. June 25th would be a week before a major release for a competitor and makes more sense.

Given the state of the demo last Blizzcon (1 zone, no capitol cities, no world, no AH, no anything else), along with Activision-Blizzard recently allowing players to play the same demo again recently ..

No time [soon(tm)].

I mean it took them a decade to release their WoW movie. Give em some slack.

If they release this summer, expect an incomplete product with a schedule for functionality updates, EA style.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2019-04-19 at 05:01 AM.

Meh it's called demo for a reason, it was just a brief warmup to let people know how the game used to be, no need to implement things such as AH or the entire open world.

Also didn't they state that the code they are using to recreate the game is the same of 2004? I think the process to complete classic wont take months due to the fact that everything is already there.