Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
20
... LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Stop tossing wild accusations around. I do wish you lot would stop banging on about it. See, man - it's just a non issue.
    Don't think you have the right to judge me, merely because you stand erect. You've started a tug of war you can't possible win. My yanking power is unparalleled; you can't possibly jerk your way to victory.
    "Just flow with the go..." - Rickson Gracie

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I am sure a culture that flat out bans porn will result into much healthier relationships later in life than a society that is open about the fact that teenagers are also sexual beings and it's ok to have sexual interests.

    /s
    With how easy it is to have sex and find quick hookups, I'm not too sure what kind of result this change will actually have lol. Also as someone else already said, it's going to be extremely difficult to actually regulate this anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

    Zyky is better than you.

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Look, lads, the effects of porno on the psyche are well documented. While I generally disagree with bans, or prohibitions, I also know that the mind of the average 16 year old is malleable and easily corrupted. Unbridled access to pornographic material can have very serious consequences. Should it be banned? Well, in my opinion no. People should just learn how to parent.
    I think that's a dumb thing for UK People...

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    It's going to be more on the sites themselves, not the ISPs. ISP blocking will apparently be the last resort which will again be circumvented by simple VPNs. There is also the measure of how much will be blocked and what constitutes as porn. Are all naked scenes in shows and movies banned? What about cartoons? Social media sharing?

    It's the UK government taking the imitative and putting effort to enforce age verification. Is it worth the time and money? Is it worth the possible breach of privacy?
    You are really overthinking it here.
    The law has already been in place for what constitutes pornography, and there are actually rather strict guidelines done by the BBFC for such, there is no need to go overboard in thinking what may/may not be restricted. All the companies have to do, is submit their site to the classification board, and it will be checked very quickly. Most will be instantly categorised as "Over 18 only", but some might need further looking at, which the BBFC will do. No further requirements needed with all honesty.

    As I said, the onus is on both the ISP and company sites themselves to monitor and police this, the government will just issue fines for any breaches involved, so it would be more beneficial for sites to put themselves forward as containing pornographic content, so then the ISP can put a simple splash page on or such requiring an age check.
    Social media sharing and file sharing? Well, like alcohol and tobacco, should a person over the age of consent be found to be sharing it to minors, then they face fine and possible imprisonment. Same as it has *always* been.
    As I said, I think you are grasping a bit here with all honesty.

    The UK government has always had this law, they have just kind of had enough of porn distributors not being as beholden to the same level of regulation as alcohol and tobacco, both of which are heavily restricted and enforced. Not sure why people think bongo should be any different with all honesty. As the "checks" stand now, it would be similar to a kid walking into a shop toi buy alcohol or such, ticking a "I am over 18" box with absolutely no manual check or even attempt to look at IDS, and walking out with a crate of whiskey with the shopkeeper just accepting it without even checking. It would be ludicrous to think that is acceptable, so why should something get ignored simply because it is on the internet?

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    You are really overthinking it here.
    The law has already been in place for what constitutes pornography, and there are actually rather strict guidelines done by the BBFC for such, there is no need to go overboard in thinking what may/may not be restricted. All the companies have to do, is submit their site to the classification board, and it will be checked very quickly. Most will be instantly categorised as "Over 18 only", but some might need further looking at, which the BBFC will do. No further requirements needed with all honesty.

    As I said, the onus is on both the ISP and company sites themselves to monitor and police this, the government will just issue fines for any breaches involved, so it would be more beneficial for sites to put themselves forward as containing pornographic content, so then the ISP can put a simple splash page on or such requiring an age check.
    Social media sharing and file sharing? Well, like alcohol and tobacco, should a person over the age of consent be found to be sharing it to minors, then they face fine and possible imprisonment. Same as it has *always* been.
    As I said, I think you are grasping a bit here with all honesty.

    The UK government has always had this law, they have just kind of had enough of porn distributors not being as beholden to the same level of regulation as alcohol and tobacco, both of which are heavily restricted and enforced. Not sure why people think bongo should be any different with all honesty. As the "checks" stand now, it would be similar to a kid walking into a shop toi buy alcohol or such, ticking a "I am over 18" box with absolutely no manual check or even attempt to look at IDS, and walking out with a crate of whiskey with the shopkeeper just accepting it without even checking. It would be ludicrous to think that is acceptable, so why should something get ignored simply because it is on the internet?
    Bcs it´s just fucking nake dpeople having sex ffs, don´t you get it. Where are the health issues arrising with seing nake dpeople having sex hm?

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Too bad there is 0 way to actually enforce it without breaching personal privacy.
    and that is an issue because..? you have some dark, hidden secret you don't want internet providers to know about?

  7. #187
    Legendary! Collegeguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    6,561
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    You are really overthinking it here.
    The law has already been in place for what constitutes pornography, and there are actually rather strict guidelines done by the BBFC for such, there is no need to go overboard in thinking what may/may not be restricted. All the companies have to do, is submit their site to the classification board, and it will be checked very quickly. Most will be instantly categorised as "Over 18 only", but some might need further looking at, which the BBFC will do. No further requirements needed with all honesty.

    As I said, the onus is on both the ISP and company sites themselves to monitor and police this, the government will just issue fines for any breaches involved, so it would be more beneficial for sites to put themselves forward as containing pornographic content, so then the ISP can put a simple splash page on or such requiring an age check.
    Social media sharing and file sharing? Well, like alcohol and tobacco, should a person over the age of consent be found to be sharing it to minors, then they face fine and possible imprisonment. Same as it has *always* been.
    As I said, I think you are grasping a bit here with all honesty.
    Don't see it going that way smoothly. There is more porn websites than news and ect. Many different countries, many small start-ups, and many of them getting revenue by only ads and not credit card services. It wouldn't be as beneficial or even concerned as you think to follow the UK law. Many would just ignore it, wait to see it overturned, or just say fine block us. If they are not taking credit cards, what can the UK do? Pretty much nothing but force ISP's to search and block. Media sharing though? Nah sorry, UK is not extraditing people that don't have the same law in their country.

  8. #188
    Gratuitous violence? no problem.

    Pleasurable experience? nope.

    Sad state of affairs ;p

  9. #189
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    9,444
    Even if it does go into effect, it won't work. Filters can be easily circumvented if you know basically anything about computers, and it only takes 1 person to know it, and soon all their friends will.. And all their friends. And all their friends. And all their friends. Etc etc, until everyone does.

    Even China's firewall can be breached with a VPN or TOR, the UK's system will be just as easy to get around

  10. #190
    Dreadlord Hashtronaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Gates of Erebor
    Posts
    881
    I don’t understand, isn’t it already banned/illegal to watch porn under 18 in the US? How is this different than all the disclaimers they put on pornsites?
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Kernel Sander

  11. #191
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    9,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    I don’t understand, isn’t it already banned/illegal to watch porn under 18 in the US? How is this different than all the disclaimers they put on pornsites?
    Well they claim to have a "rigorous" test that won't just be entering a date or ticking a box on the website.. It won't work, but they claim it will

  12. #192
    "oi you cheeky little cunt, av you got your wankin loicense?!"

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by jameswhitef View Post
    I think that's a dumb thing for UK People...
    And I think it's unclear what your statement actually means.
    "Just flow with the go..." - Rickson Gracie

  14. #194
    Conservative government tries to ban sex.

    News at 11.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  15. #195
    Prohabition never works. And what's wrong in it? I have seen all kinds of porn, never made me feel bad about woman or anything else. People with their fake moraility pass. Morality is something that can not be verbalised. This is just again another hypocritical thing they want to force on the people. Because they 'think' you cannot choose for yourself. Freedom leads to intelligence. Never supression because it's always based on an idea. And ideas are nothing but memory which is based on the past... the ego. Do this, don't do that. It's limited. When will people wake up? Society is based on conflict. We humans are divided in countries, beliefs, ideas, families.... Everyone is caught in their own mental prison. Infact we are the prison. Aslong humans are divided we will destroy ourselves, the planet will be fine.

    And if you want to watch porn, just fricking do it without a sense of guilt. That guilt has been put into you!
    Last edited by sandokan13; 2019-04-18 at 11:01 AM.

  16. #196
    Dreadlord Hashtronaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Gates of Erebor
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Well they claim to have a "rigorous" test that won't just be entering a date or ticking a box on the website.. It won't work, but they claim it will
    But I mean it’s illegal under 18 in other countries (Ex: US), was it not banned/illegal in the UK before? Whatever the test is fine, I just don’t understand how this is different. Does strength of enforcement have to do with its legality?
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Kernel Sander

  17. #197


    The internet is for porn? So they ban the internet?

  18. #198
    Trying to control internet is a dumb idea in general. That includes porn control. Unless you want to survey entire country's traffic, ban all VPN and destroy privacy at the same time, there is hardly anything that can be done. Even in totalitarian internet environments (e.g. Kuwait) one can easily gain access to anything, even without the use of VPN. The only possible solution for porn control is a list of approved sites while everything else (including VPN and redirect services) gets blocked. And that is some crazy ass totalitarian "V for Vendetta" scenario.
    Also, it is moronic to ban porn for underage children. First of all, they are going to find it anyway. Secondly, they have access to worse things than that. Think along the lines of news archives, with unedited clips of people being executed on camera. Third, while looking for the former, they might find the latter. If you want to try experimenting with internet control, start with the gruesome head chopping shit that is sitting there almost in the open.

  19. #199
    Pandaren Monk Crillam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Umeå, Sweden
    Posts
    1,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Or do people think there will be some form of Porn Police driving around in a car with tits for the sirens, and busting into peoples houses catching kids wanking on their PC without a permit?
    Well I would love to see something like this xD

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i thought it was illegal everywhere for minors to be shown porn?

    there's no way to actually enforce that in the US, despite it being the law. but the UK lacks the privacy guarantees that the US has, so i'm sure they'll happily walk over their people's rights to do it.

    but it is strange though, how the more left leaning the ideologue, the more puritanical they become. ban porn, women must be basically in burkas in video games, women must be ugly in games.
    *snortles loudly*

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •