Page 1 of 2
LastLast

UK: Sargon of Akkad, UKIP candidate for EU

Sargon of Akkad, whose real name is Carl Benjamin, is UKIP’s candidate for the South West region of the UK, and one of the party’s most high-profile prospective MEPs having gained legions of online supporters through YouTube.

On Friday April 12, Benjamin posted a video to his Sargon of Akkad YouTube channel, which has almost one million subscribers, where the gaming developer and self-proclaimed “anti-feminist” announced his candidacy for European parliament.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/markdistefa...p-mep-campaign

Well, he'll get publicity no matter what. Do you think he's serious? What are his chances of winning?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Stands in the Fire View Post
    Well, he'll get publicity no matter what. Do you think he's serious? What are his chances of winning?
    Winning what? A seat? UKIP are projected to win a handful of seats so if the party think he's important enough to have one of the few they win then sure I guess. UKIP are a spent force in the UK so he's hitched himself to the wrong wagon here if he was hoping for continued relevancy.

3+ Year Old Account
    I thought the UK was going to leave the EU? So why bother ?

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    but since he triggers all the right people, he should win.
    This is a depressingly common and intellectually bankrupt mentality.

Eh, it ain't that depressing.
    It's functionally the teenage edgelord position.

If it was a real position with real power and he would have an anti-establishment leftie focused on the economics running against him, I'd let go of the memes for that.
    Representation shouldn't be considered a joke, the operation of the government is serious business.

Just like the other hypocritical UKIP scum, hating the EU but loving the salary.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Most likely the only party that would have him. One joke attracts another, I guess.
    Since St. Nige left them they have struggled heavily with what they are and what they want to represent. The current leader has pitched the party towards Islamophobia and the alt right.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I kinda feel bad for any one who would be dumb enough to let him represent them.

I don't have much respect for Sargon but joining UKIP made me lose the rest of it...

15+ Year Old Account
    In fact, I have a lot against the people that are very serious and moderate.
    This explains a lot of your post history and positions very well.

But the woke people like play meme edgelords and trigger everyone so they can watch the world burn.

Even though that doesn't even happen, since government just slows down with the meme candidates.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Is Corbyn competing against Sargon for MEP? Nope.
    Noone is competing against Sargon, at least based on individual merit. People are voting for UKIP or another party, noone is voting directly for Sargon.

Hahahaaaaa. That’s adorable.

I don't really see the draw of him... from what I can tell he is just a lolcow with a relatively small online following. He is going to be crushed but this is just a youtube stunt isnt it?

Is Corbyn competing against Sargon for MEP? Nope. They are in completely different leagues.

As for Anita, a lot of people made many videos about her, including antiTrump, antiBrexit dudes like thunderf00t. And that was for a good reason. Gaming was quite a haven from Social Justice type of crap and identity politics. She wanted to change that. I didn't like it then, and I didn't like it now. I want games to be as they used to be pre 2012, without people crying about objectification and minority quotas and diversity.

Nowadays you cannot put a AAA game out without journos trying to make it about representation and diversity and inclusion. It used to be about gaming.
    Whilst I don't fully agree with everything she says I do like how Anita "triggers the right people."

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I invoke Mister Metokur:

"Sargon, could you explain the White N-word comments? What was that about?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I invoke Mister Metokur:

That man is a treasure and it will be a sad day when he packs up from the internet.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Has lost its way View Post
    That man is a treasure and it will be a sad day when he packs up from the internet.
    Metokur will vanish into legend then, a myth, a hero of 4chan whose likeness the web shall never know again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Metokur will vanish into legend then, a myth, a hero of 4chan whose likeness the web shall never know again.
    Another will rise and then another. So long as the hive remains protected it will forever raise more.

7+ Year Old Account
    I invoke Mister Metokur:

That if the white nationalists felt they were above black people they wouldn’t be acting how they stereotype them to be.

The same UKIP that Farage left because he felt they lurched too far to right and have effectively became an extension of the BNP (neo nazis)? That UKIP?

Come Carl, tell us again how you are totally "NOT" a nazi!