Page 1 of 3
LastLast

UK: Sargon of Akkad, UKIP candidate for EU

Sargon of Akkad, whose real name is Carl Benjamin, is UKIP’s candidate for the South West region of the UK, and one of the party’s most high-profile prospective MEPs having gained legions of online supporters through YouTube.

On Friday April 12, Benjamin posted a video to his Sargon of Akkad YouTube channel, which has almost one million subscribers, where the gaming developer and self-proclaimed “anti-feminist” announced his candidacy for European parliament.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/markdistefa...p-mep-campaign

Well, he'll get publicity no matter what. Do you think he's serious? What are his chances of winning?

Sing your death song like a hero coming home.

-- Tecumseh

Quote Originally Posted by Stands in the Fire View Post
    Well, he'll get publicity no matter what. Do you think he's serious? What are his chances of winning?
    Winning what? A seat? UKIP are projected to win a handful of seats so if the party think he's important enough to have one of the few they win then sure I guess. UKIP are a spent force in the UK so he's hitched himself to the wrong wagon here if he was hoping for continued relevancy.

I thought the UK was going to leave the EU? So why bother ?

Reddit quarantined his community and hit pieces in the media are appearing like mushrooms after the rain

Anyway, I have no idea what he's competing for, but since he triggers all the right people, he should win. I doubt it would be consequential in any way.
    The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself - Friedrich NietzscheRudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    but since he triggers all the right people, he should win.
    This is a depressingly common and intellectually bankrupt mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This is a depressingly common and intellectually bankrupt mentality.
    Eh, it ain't that depressing. If it was a real position with real power and he would have an anti-establishment leftie focused on the economics running against him, I'd let go of the memes for that.
    The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself - Friedrich NietzscheRudyard Kipling

Eh, it ain't that depressing.
    It's functionally the teenage edgelord position.

If it was a real position with real power and he would have an anti-establishment leftie focused on the economics running against him, I'd let go of the memes for that.
    Representation shouldn't be considered a joke, the operation of the government is serious business.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's functionally the teenage edgelord position.
    Representation shouldn't be considered a joke, the operation of the government is serious business.
    I have nothing against "edgelording", especially on the web. In fact, I have a lot against the people that are very serious and moderate.

Now, representation, and politics.

It has been a joke for as long as I was alive, almost 4 decades. I have never been represented, nor have I ever felt I was close to being represented, nor have I felt anyone in the many governments I've lived under empathized with me and my positions.

So... yes, it's a damn joke. There's a reason the clown world meme exists, you know. All of these things have a core of truth.

I guess one more reason to show that politics are a total joke doesn't hurt...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    UKIP are a spent force in the UK so he's hitched himself to the wrong wagon here if he was hoping for continued relevancy.
    Most likely the only party that would have him. One joke attracts another, I guess.
    Often updated... ?

Just like the other hypocritical UKIP scum, hating the EU but loving the salary.
    i5-4690K 4.8GHz | Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark I | Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB | Asus GTX 1060 Strix | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Seasonic M12II Evo 620W | NZXT S340-B
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Do you guys not have phones?!

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Most likely the only party that would have him. One joke attracts another, I guess.
    Since St. Nige left them they have struggled heavily with what they are and what they want to represent. The current leader has pitched the party towards Islamophobia and the alt right.

Since St. Nige left them they have struggled heavily with what they are and what they want to represent. The current leader has pitched the party towards Islamophobia and the alt right.
    Good fit for Sargon then.
    Often updated... ?

I kinda feel bad for any one who would be dumb enough to let him represent them.

I don't have much respect for Sargon but joining UKIP made me lose the rest of it...

Quote Originally Posted by tantaratara View Post
    You know we have Jeremy Corbyn who essentially represents that position?

Either way what Sargon mostly did was make 400000 videos about Anita Sarkesian. I wouldn't even know who the woman was but for him. Difficult to see how supporting someone like that is somehow going to shatter the neoliberal consensus.
    Is Corbyn competing against Sargon for MEP? Nope. They are in completely different leagues.

As for Anita, a lot of people made many videos about her, including antiTrump, antiBrexit dudes like thunderf00t. And that was for a good reason. Gaming was quite a haven from Social Justice type of crap and identity politics. She wanted to change that. I didn't like it then, and I didn't like it now. I want games to be as they used to be pre 2012, without people crying about objectification and minority quotas and diversity.

Nowadays you cannot put a AAA game out without journos trying to make it about representation and diversity and inclusion. It used to be about gaming.

In fact, I have a lot against the people that are very serious and moderate.
    This explains a lot of your post history and positions very well.

But the woke people like play meme edgelords and trigger everyone so they can watch the world burn.

Even though that doesn't even happen, since government just slows down with the meme candidates.
    "Nazis are like cats. If they like you, it's probably because you're feeding them." -John Oliver
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Knadra finally just admitting Trumpkins care more about political victories than morals.

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    This explains a lot of your post history and positions very well.

But the woke people like play meme edgelords and trigger everyone so they can watch the world burn.

Even though that doesn't even happen, since government just slows down with the meme candidates.
    Gotta keep a sense of humor. The world is always "burning" for somebody, and one day, it will be you, as there's but one outcome of life. Being moderate is incredibly boring and quite horrible. One of the worst, most offending words for me is "milquetoast". It's what I use for people like Tim Pool for example, who don't even swear. Or "centrists". Preserving the status quo is also horribly boring and uninteresting. I want to experience interesting and unique events.

PS: this was my position from the start, and I was always open about it. If my posts make people curious, all you have to do is ask.
    Last edited by CryotriX; 2019-04-17 at 09:23 PM.

Is Corbyn competing against Sargon for MEP? Nope.
    Noone is competing against Sargon, at least based on individual merit. People are voting for UKIP or another party, noone is voting directly for Sargon.

Noone is competing against Sargon, at least based on individual merit. People are voting for UKIP or another party, noone is voting directly for Sargon.
    I see. I wouldn't vote UKIP then. I might laugh at people that get triggered, but UKIP is pretty shitty as an entity. If there's a green party or pirate party or something similar I'd probably vote that.

Nowadays you cannot put a AAA game out without journos trying to make it about representation and diversity and inclusion. It used to be about gaming.
    And nowadays you cannot do anything without a bunch of alt right snowflakes coming out to whine and complain about it.
    Originally Posted by Alpha Patch Notes (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Paladin
    • Look. We already gave you guys Ashbringer. Isn’t that enough?