Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Oh look, it's another Horde Warchief mad with power. We have to band together to stop her! The Horde rebels against them!

Gawd this screams lazy writing. Just keeping going back to that well Blizz, see how that does for the sub numbers. It's honestly kind of annoying that there isn't any alliance leaders go this route. Jaina Proudmoore would have been perfect in her grief due to Garrosh's actions and disgust of the Alliance to do anything. But that's ok, keep your blue colors all shiny and noble. Aka boring vanilla characters. There's no character development there.

So once again we're at Garrosh 2.0. Yay..
    The bravery of mortals never fails to astound me. Death affixes its cold stare upon you and in return you rise to challenge its assertion! It is why your kind is so loved... and so hated. - Torastrasza

Quote Originally Posted by The Dosu View Post
    Oh look, it's another Horde Warchief mad with power. We have to band together to stop her! The Horde rebels against them!

Gawd this screams lazy writing. Just keeping going back to that well Blizz, see how that does for the sub numbers. It's honestly kind of annoying that there isn't any alliance leaders go this route. Jaina Proudmoore would have been perfect in her grief due to Garrosh's actions and disgust of the Alliance to do anything. But that's ok, keep your blue colors all shiny and noble. Aka boring vanilla characters. There's no character development there.

So once again we're at Garrosh 2.0. Yay..
    no no no ... it's not garrosh 2.0 because even if everything is the same. She won't become a raid boss.
    Thus not garrosh 2.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I don't think she will become an end boss - but I think She will be ejected from the Horde for sure.

You can't kill off a major faction boss like Sylvanas without something absolutely major happening IMO

it cant be garrosh 2.0 because garrosh was a boy and sylvanas is a girl. duh? why are you so sexism?

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    it cant be garrosh 2.0 because garrosh was a boy and sylvanas is a girl. duh? why are you so sexism?
    Fixed

Lazy Blizzard Writing Needed Generic Corrupted Horde Warchief 2.0
    The bravery of mortals never fails to astound me. Death affixes its cold stare upon you and in return you rise to challenge its assertion! It is why your kind is so loved... and so hated. - Torastrasza

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    You can't kill off a major faction boss like Sylvanas without something absolutely major happening IMO
    I could just tell my Felguard to stab her... worked OK last time.

Baine deserved that execution.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    She will either end up as Kerrigan 2.0 or AU Grommash 2.0
    AU Grommash was good ending. In real life leaders sign peace treaties and forget about any eariler war crimes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Nope, she's the pet of Afrasiabi and Danuser, so she'll sacrifice herself to destroy N'zoth and everyone will hail her as a hero, Saurfang and Greymane included.
    No, she is victim of Christie Golden's storytelling where everyone betrays her for doing her best for her people. Sylvanas is basically Jesus who is betrayed by everyone he helped. We just have to wait until cinematic where Anduin washes his hands.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    She's in a weird position of literally being the most evil character they've ever written that we haven't killed off.
    She needs to somehow simultaneously die horribly to pay for Arthas-tier villainy and also not be a final raid boss because that'd rip off MOP too much.
    And her forsaken only when they are both unflinchingly loyal and meet her mold as to being sufficiently as miserable and self-loathing as she is.
    She could be killed by Aszhara in a giant cat fight before the players engage Aszhara in the raid.

There woud be a cutscene showing the fight and death of Sylvanas. Her end must of course be gruesome and at least 1000x more cruel than Varian's. And all the players who opted for the Sylvanas loyalty side of quests are not able to skip the cinematic. They are being forced to watch their waifu getting killed over and over and over...

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Kerrigan.

10chars
    I don't think I've ever seen a more prescient point made in less than 10 chars. I doubt she'll get redemption (they need another big bad), but you're right, they've done it before.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

I never played starcraft nor do i k ow anything about its characters ... can someone explain to me what "wows kerrigan" exactly means? Whats the deal with kerrigan?

Quote Originally Posted by Mauzi92 View Post
    I never played starcraft nor do i k ow anything about its characters ... can someone explain to me what "wows kerrigan" exactly means? Whats the deal with kerrigan?
    tl'dr She was bad, but get redemption. Like - oooo, you're good now and you sacrificed yourself for us!

I can't see Sylv not having at least some form of a redemption arc before she slinks off to nurse her wounds. Blizz will need some way to justify forsaken players staying in the Horde and not revolting.

Horde with Thrall and Voljin was most boring Horde . We just slacking when whole story was in Alliance.
    We get some orcish hubs for all races and everything in story was about orcs and trolls. Just look at Garrisons.

I think some people liked it. Well.... not me.

5+ Year Old Account
    TLDR Kerrigan in SC1 is a highly trained Terran soldier who is betrayed by his commander and left to be captured by the Swarm's Overmind, who turns her into a Terran/Zerg hybrid far more powerful in combat, but under the Overmind's absolute control. The Overmind is defeated and destroyed, which gives Kerrigan her free will back, but she proves to be almost as evil as the Overmind - and even more cunning, to the point of defeating a huge coalition of enemy fleets. She destroys them all, and many other planets as well.

In SC2, she is back to her human form, she flip flops her loyalties like 2340967263 times along the way (which includes her turning into a Zerg again, voluntarily this time), and after commiting a second wave of genocide across several worlds, she's forgiven somehow after taking vengeance on the guy who betrayed her and is free to go as a sort of newly empowered space goddess.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    99% sure she's Wow's Kerrigan for the force of death.
    doubt it, Kerrigan was a lot better written for a start.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    TLDR Kerrigan in SC1 is a highly trained Terran soldier who is betrayed by his commander and left to be captured by the Swarm's Overmind, who turns her into a Terran/Zerg hybrid far more powerful in combat, but under the Overmind's absolute control. The Overmind is defeated and destroyed, which gives Kerrigan her free will back, but she proves to be almost as evil as the Overmind - and even more cunning, to the point of defeating a huge coalition of enemy fleets. She destroys them all, and many other planets as well.

In SC2, she is back to her human form, she flip flops her loyalties like 2340967263 times along the way (which includes her turning into a Zerg again, voluntarily this time), and after commiting a second wave of genocide across several worlds, she's forgiven somehow after taking vengeance on the guy who betrayed her and is free to go as a sort of newly empowered space goddess.
    the missing part there is her ongoing love story with Jim Raynor who balances out and works as the moral compass of her character, something whole lacking from sylavanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    doubt it, Kerrigan was a lot better written for a start.

- - - Updated - - -

the missing part there is her ongoing love story with Jim Raynor who balances out and works as the moral compass of her character, something whole lacking from sylavanas.
    You forgot her coming to the realization that unless she regained control of Zerg and stopped them being controlled by the hybrids the universe would end.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not the redemption arc. It's that she is a fan favorite character and she'll wind up becoming a god. Kerrigan replaces Amon which is the closest thing to a good in the SC universe. Sylvanas seems to be on that path.

There is no deity of Death in the Warcraft universe. The other forces have one. Light has naa'ru and elune. Darkness/Void have the void lords. Life has the wild gods. Order/Arcane has the Titans. Chaos has the old gods. And death has no one close to that. The Lich King? Bwomsamdi?

Quote Originally Posted by Benedictu View Post
    I can't see Sylv not having at least some form of a redemption arc before she slinks off to nurse her wounds. Blizz will need some way to justify forsaken players staying in the Horde and not revolting.
    Their justification for the Forsaken not revolting is, if they revolt they are exterminated. The Forsaken have always been more reliant on the Horde than vice versa. If they decide to go against the Horde it'd be an excellent excuse for the Alliance to stomp them out. That's why they'll never cut their ties with the Horde, even if they have to put down their precious dark lady.

You forgot her coming to the realization that unless she regained control of Zerg and stopped them being controlled by the hybrids the universe would end.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not the redemption arc. It's that she is a fan favorite character and she'll wind up becoming a god. Kerrigan replaces Amon which is the closest thing to a good in the SC universe. Sylvanas seems to be on that path.

There is no deity of Death in the Warcraft universe. The other forces have one. Light has naa'ru and elune. Darkness/Void have the void lords. Life has the wild gods. Order/Arcane has the Titans. Chaos has the old gods. And death has no one close to that. The Lich King? Bwomsamdi?
    yea but they did that trope in wow with bolvar and the scourge all ready.

Didn't Bwomsamdi say he was under someone else's orders?

- - - Updated - - -

Lich King, Bwonsamdi, Hela, and a mysterious person Bwon refers to as da boss. There’s 4 figures for death. Hell, you could almost count Odyn for the Valarjar and warriors.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2019-04-21 at 01:15 AM.