Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    5+ Year Old Account
    Anglers' Water Striders | Mount Equipment | Item Level 1 | Binds to Battle.net account
    Use: Equip in your mount equipment slot to allow you to walk across water while mounted. Any damage will cancel the effect. Does not work in Battlegrounds or Arenas.

So one small bite of a fishy under the surface or a 40 yard range magic attack from a caster you just passed cancels the effect?
    This would mean you barely can walk over the water?
    Any idea's on this one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I only the one concerned that Blizzard could end up abusing this system in the future and randomly decide you have to re-earn Mount Equipment in each new expansion from the latest factions in order for them to operate in new zones? Like another Layer to the Pathfinder system but now for waterwalking and Daze control.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh ye suckers that have paid and repaid, grinded and regrinded, lost and fought for flying again and again and again.....

So happy that I don’t go through this idiocy that Blizzard thrust upon the World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Am I only the one concerned that Blizzard could end up abusing this system in the future and randomly decide you have to re-earn Mount Equipment in each new expansion from the latest factions in order for them to operate in new zones? Like another Layer to the Pathfinder system but now for waterwalking and Daze control.
    Given their history at this point it's only a foregone conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by BB8 View Post
    So one small bite of a fishy under the surface or a 40 yard range magic attack from a caster you just passed cancels the effect?
    This would mean you barely can walk over the water?
    Any idea's on this one?
    That's exactly how the current waterwalking mount works... even the Death Knight and Shaman abilities.

The gold price for the item is acceptable. Let's hope they don't increase it to 1k gold like some random nobody said on the blizz forum.

Quote Originally Posted by huldu View Post
    The gold price for the item is acceptable. Let's hope they don't increase it to 1k gold like some random nobody said on the blizz forum.
    Having to go back several expansions to find the vendor is not, though. Needed to be added to current hub cities in current expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brightbrown View Post
    MUCH more curious about the "not dazed" equipment... no doubt this may prove far more valuable until flying is unlocked than water walking. (95% of the comments I read seem to have no idea that the REASON the water strider is so heavily used is because of the DESIGN of the current content). If the ONLY way to get this item is crafters, expect many, many hundreds of thousands in gold may be wanted... no doubt whomever CAN make this will be trying to clean up.

Oh, and doing the rep grind would take one to almost the entire zone, so actually no need for those "explore" achievements WHEN one does the grind.
    I mean if you're not already daze immune from selecting proper azerite traits...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    At this point if Blizzard even does something good they'd get shit on regardless, dayumn.

This community went south albeit not fast.
    Less about the community and more about the moderation.

If properly moderated the offtopic whine posters would be permabanned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    So what you are saying is that we basically had 4 Unique mounts? Ground Mounts, Underwater mounts, Water Walking Mounts and Flying mounts? You know how stupid that sounds. Unique mounts refer to models.
    Agree with your concept, but you labeled them wrong. Currently we only have 4 to 5 mounts in the game:

1. Water Walking Mount
    2. Herbing Mount
    3. Transmog and Repair Mount
    4. Vanity Mount (ground)
    5. Vanity Mount (flying)

Since you can only fly in warfront-daily-quest zones, most people don't bother to separate 4 and 5. Once flying is finally put back into the game, ground mounts will be entirely abandoned again.

The changes in this patch will merge the Water Walking Mount with the Flying Vanity Mount, dropping us down to 3 mounts. And render the Water Walking Mount entirely useless outside of skipping the opening trash in Tol Dagor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    WoW Community: All but 4 or 5 mounts are completely useless / everyone just uses a water strider all the time

Also the WoW Community: Thanks Blizz! Now none of my mounts are unique!
    The "also the WoW community" part could be relabeled as "mouth breathers" though.

And the sky golem and repair mounts are still unique.

It will be nice to be able to actually use one of my hundreds of mounts besides the sky golem the less than 1% of the time I'm not herbing or flying.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two more reps for Part 2 of Pathfinder?

AWESOME!!

Who doesn't like being told what his playing schedule should be?

I love doing the exact same unchallenging dailies
    being blackmailed to put in the exact minimum progression per day or three, or stay behind..
    but also having to comply with the exact maximum progression blizzard allows per day.

This is the definition of FUN.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacara81 View Post
    The only reason we still have Flying after they tried to remove it, is because their subs plummeted from 11 million to under 4 million in a month when they were caught red handed lying to us, then lied trying to cover those lies. The drop was so bad that they stopped reporting the active numbers.
    A) It wasn't a month, it was over the course of 6 months
    B) It wasn't 11 million it was 10 million, and it wasn't "under 4 million" it was 5.6 million
    C) it had very little to do with flying and a lot to do with abandoning the casual playerbase.

Removing something for no actual reason at all. Could have just kept Waterwalking on the striders even with equipment.

Sounds like Blizzard to me these days.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Removing something for no actual reason at all. Could have just kept Waterwalking on the striders even with equipment.

Oh, Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Most people / mythic raiders I know don't give a fuck about flying being in the game or not.
    Gee I wonder why! Maybe because they spend all their time within... instances?

How do other people flying outside of instances affect you?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Or you just equip water walking and it's exactly the same as it is now, only your mounts can walk on water.
    what else can be putted in that slot?

if they have stuff like +30% mount speed or something along those lines, this systems sucks as hell. i am not happy carrying 200 waterwalk consumables for changing them with 30% speed consumables, everytime i cross a fukin lake.

or how works that „mount slot“ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    Oh ye suckers that have paid and repaid, grinded and regrinded, lost and fought for flying again and again and again.....

So happy that I don’t go through this idiocy that Blizzard thrust upon the World of Warcraft.
    Yeah, it’s a good thing I don’t really care about flight and I’m happy playing for other reasons. So happy I’m not one of those people who got so upset that a toy was taken away that I missed out on everything else from the toy box.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

Yeah, because allowing them to have water walking AND a bonus equipment sure would work towards making the Striders not feel mandatory. Just stop already, please.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    what else can be putted in that slot?

if they have stuff like +30% mount speed or something along those lines, this systems sucks as hell. i am not happy carrying 200 waterwalk consumables for changing them with 30% speed consumables, everytime i cross a fukin lake.

or how works that „mount slot“ ?
    Even if they have other utility options for you to choose from, it's utility you don't currently have. You're getting something useful that you don't have right now. Period.

I don't think they are going to do additional mount speed. All the benefits are simple utilities like daze prevention, waterwalking, and a parachute on dismount.

Most likely you will use water walking until you unlock flying, and then switch to daze protection, IMO. You probably won't feel the need to switch back and forth a lot.

"This item is consumed when you replace it with a new piece of equipment in the mount equipment slot and needs to be purchased and slotted again to gain the effect."

Or... You could just give us a tab of all the ones we collected "only need to collect it once" like your going to eventually do, probably next expansion... Face it blizz, its going to be a collections tab eventually might as well do it now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Oh yeah this is true... The current waterwalking/daze can say it only works in old zones, so when a new expansion comes out gotta get revered or exalted to buy a new one that works for the new zones.. Yeah sounds like a blizzard thing

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Even if they have other utility options for you to choose from, it's utility you don't currently have. You're getting something useful that you don't have right now. Period.

I don't think they are going to do additional mount speed. All the benefits are simple utilities like daze prevention, waterwalking, and a parachute on dismount.

Most likely you will use water walking until you unlock flying, and then switch to daze protection, IMO. You probably won't feel the need to switch back and forth a lot.
    why should you choose daze protection when flying ? and why sould you choose anything else than additional mount speed (what btw is also utility) when flying is unlocked ?

i get that they want you to be able to ride on water with every mount, to be not forced to water strider. this is something i got. what i do not get is what the fuking slot should really be for. they just can say „when you a earned a water strider you get an accountwide buff so every of your mount can water walking“. bam thats it. why that slot stuff ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GMZohar1 View Post
    "This item is consumed when you replace it with a new piece of equipment in the mount equipment slot and needs to be purchased and slotted again to gain the effect."

Or... You could just give us a tab of all the ones we collected "only need to collect it once" like your going to eventually do, probably next expansion... Face it blizz, its going to be a collections tab eventually might as well do it now

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah this is true... The current waterwalking/daze can say it only works in old zones, so when a new expansion comes out gotta get revered or exalted to buy a new one that works for the new zones.. Yeah sounds like a blizzard thing

yep, this really sounds blizzardish these days.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    and why sould you choose anything else than additional mount speed
    Because there isn't equipment that provides additional mount speed.

Its disgusting this reputation grind.