Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well this entire ptr just shows its truly mop v2. It was interesting when nathanos shit the tidecaller, and the maghar leader was the only one who praised Sylvanas. Likely who the maghar sided with Garrosh...And ofc course if the plan is to Drain N’zoth’s power, it will fail and that raid will be similar to soo. Everything a mop ripoff...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Calling it now

Sylvanas is seeking to release n'zoth and use the dagger to drain him to the point where we can kill him.

This is a pretty good choice IMO even though a majority of the stories and shows that use this idea botch it.

Even if she aims to imprison him the outcome is the same because she is the only one that is immune to his influence
    I hear it brought up a lot that the undead are immune to old god influence, can anyone point to a source of this or is it a fan theory?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    I hear it brought up a lot that the undead are immune to old god influence, can anyone point to a source of this or is it a fan theory?
    that claim came from Windrunner comic book. When 3 sister reunited, void in Alleria's head kept telling her that she has to kill Sylvanas, she is number one danger for void etc.

Be honest , just casual void thing nothing much.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Um. Two questions. Why would Farondis be there? And do we even have any named Shen'dralar characters to work with?
    Farondis was a Prince of the realm for starters and the first to oppose Azshara and see the evil that was going on. Before Malfurion, Tyra de and that lot in Suramar did anything.

He and his court plotted to oppose the Queen by destroying g the Well of Eternity he already figured out would be the best way to end this demonic invasion.

He was betrayed however and the Queen punished the people of the entire zone with that horrible spell cursing them to spirit form. In 7.0 Farondis directly opposes Queen Azshars naga and the legion, and directs the player in the effort, he is confronted by her again in the storyline where she offers him a place at her side but he rejects and attacks her. His people who were angry with him for leading them to oppose the Queen see first hand how evil she had become too and are all 100% with him.

She is the reason for their cursed state, the destruction of their place, not the Legion. He is also an amazing character, and as one of the highest ranking officials of the realm close in power to the Queen, I would expect him to be all in for taking the fight to her.

His beef is far more directly related to her than most other of night elf kind, including g Thalyssra.

The Shen'dralar were Queen Azshara's most revered arcanists, processing her top projects I their city, the stuff she wows and wonders the kaldorei with. I like to think of them as magical inventors and engineeri f pioneers of the great spells that do the I credible stuff the kaldorei empire is known for. They also eve tually rebelled against st the Queen, and were a city of her most skilled Highborne, she approaches them I pre-war event with an offer (according to a panel at blizzcon back then), they reject her, and along with crying both a naga invasion and the old God plot with death wing, finally decide to approach the night elves to team up and rebuff this evil. We find out from Chronicles that at this stage they have been a few years out of their city and theipy have been freed from arcane addiction and demonic corruption from the years under Immol'that.

They are powerful magi, who have a lot of reason and expertise that would be very useful against Azshara, like the Farondis and Illidari, they arent heavily involved with the Darkshore conflict either, they should be the main kaldorei presence against Azshara, I'm not sure why they dont get the character development on night elf stuff, but Jaina who has heavily featured in the last two patches, has nothing to do with Azshara, and should be injured from her defeat in 8.1 is the major alliance character there.

I dont mind her bei g there, but the night elves in particular Farondis and she 'dealer highborne should be leading this one, especially with cool characters like Farondis and Mordant Evenshade about

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Yeah, I played in Legion and know about Farondis. Thing is after we finish his questline and he regains the respect of his people his storyline seems wrapped up. Besides telling us that they broke the curse and he and all his people are now truly dead in lore I'm not sure what more you want from them.

I know who the Shen'dralar are, and really their only high point was their leader imprisoned a demon as a power source and eventually wiped out most of his own people to keep the demon's power for himself. I know some of them approached the night elves in Cata and that's why they can be mages now.

But all of that stuff with Azshara coming to them for help and info is totally foreign to me. All we have is an interview with Metzen? Nothing in Chronicles or a short story or a comic?
    Nothing more, it never made it into game literature, it is not the first itme this happens, expansion panels often reval stuff we never get to hear much about in game, but provide important info on how and why things are. Metzen explains to us why the Shen'dralar are approaching the Darnassians here.

Remember what evenshade said? Archmage Mordent Evenshade says: "I will not return until I am heard. There is too much at stake. There is a change on the wind, and we cannot ignore it. I have traveled from the dust and ruin of the past to come to an accord. The time may soon come when the kaldorei require the knowledge and skill we have to offer. I will wait, Sentinel... but I will have my audience." - Chris shared the reason this was happening was cos they'd scryed deathwing's activity after rebuffin Queen Azshara's approach.. the naga were preparing to invade from the coast of Feralas and Desolace, I concluded that they were going to the night elves because they could not rebuff the Queen and certainly could not stand alone against deathwing.

Initially because of this statement and others, at first it appeared the night elves and Malfurion were going tohave the major role in the cataclysm. However the following year, when when the Cata demo and cinematic were launched, the story had switched to a Thrall and Earthern Ring shaman focus.. the elves and their scrying or involvement had no further development.

Sometimes I suspect story points have different emphasis to the team than the players. The expansion backdrop and zone quests are major story points for them, but for the player, we just zoom through them so quickly and more remember the story of the raids that come after. Another classic example was the noise they made about Queen Azshara and Azsuna, the emerald nightmare - but we blazed through that opening content in legion, and it appeared to us that these events were very minor because most of our 110 life was spent in suramar, broken shore then Argus -

A lot of lore depth is discussed with the art team, designers and they use that to deisgn, populate nad give the visual setting we see, however a lot of that isn't translated in words, nor the information very apparent or even relevant for the questing, so it is often cut, or just not included. Take the nightborne as another example. The gamescom panel explain to us that the nightborne believed the legion had overrun the world and they were the last surviving sentient beings not fallen to the legion, the only night elves that remained. Furthermore they said that the city ran out of resources during htat time under the bubble, and theyw ere facing starvation, rather than lower the shield and risk what lay on the otherside, they found solution ot their clotying and food shortages in the arcane and developed that. these night elves are skinnier and darker, changed - because they've been feeding on arcane energy - which you find out is arcwine.. however in game quest, Ly'leth doesn't exactly spell out the history of why and how they came to use this, not like the dev team did in the panels.

There is a lot of stuff we sometimes just don't get, or extra info you have to look at the Colllectors Edition CD/DVD to get, actually be at blizzcon or watch a youtube recording of a fansite interview a panel or a conversation with individuals there you can get your hands on.

Quote Originally Posted by Onvious View Post
    that claim came from Windrunner comic book. When 3 sister reunited, void in Alleria's head kept telling her that she has to kill Sylvanas, she is number one danger for void etc.

Be honest , just casual void thing nothing much.
    It came far earlier than that. Notably during Wrath where Lich King and the Scourge were untouchable by Yogg and Saronite couldn't corrupt them. There has also not really been any case (at least that I know of) where undead has been corrupted by Old Gods. But the argument to this is that we really don't know if it Lich King was the special case to being immune to Old Gods or if it was undeath itself. We'll have to wait and see for a clearer answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    It came far earlier than that. Notably during Wrath where Lich King and the Scourge were untouchable by Yogg and Saronite couldn't corrupt them. There has also not really been any case (at least that I know of) where undead has been corrupted by Old Gods. But the argument to this is that we really don't know if it Lich King was the special case to being immune to Old Gods or if it was undeath itself. We'll have to wait and see for a clearer answer.
    Yeah, you are right. I totally forgot about scourge and Yogg.

It also doesn't help much that Blizz didn't elaborate on the supposed connection between the Lich King and Yogg Saron, which they said they had done a poor job of showing because it was too clear to them and that only ended up being represented in the Ulduar vision of Bolvar being tortured by the Lich King. I mean... that's really interesting, but unless they elaborate on that, we're still none the wiser. ^^

In my opinion undeath itself or death itself can't be any real worry to the Old Gods, as they use undeath and death all the time for their own purposes. But if my opinion is correct here or if there's something entirely else going on, we also won't know until we find out more.

7+ Year Old Account
    but they could not be controlled because they were under the control of the LK prob, they never said anything about the undead condition.

they did indeed talk of how some undeads would act strange and whisper strange things there.

And there is also undeads in the twilight cult, who probably are controlled/corrupted the same way other races.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Farondis was a Prince of the realm for starters and the first to oppose Azshara and see the evil that was going on. Before Malfurion, Tyra de and that lot in Suramar did anything.
    but he is dead, he is a freaking ghost, there is no sense to bring him somehow since he is not affiliated with the factions

and he is dead

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

but he is dead, he is a freaking ghost, there is no sense to bring him somehow since he is not affiliated with the factions

and he is dead
    And you miss that it is Farondis highborne that are portalling the alliance to Azsuna in the stormwind mage room. Being a ghost doesn't mean he can't play a role or do stuff, or do you forget that he was doing stuff and playing a role in Azsuna that reveals him, his story and his people's story.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    And you miss that it is Farondis highborne that are portalling the alliance to Azsuna in the stormwind mage room. Being a ghost doesn't mean he can't play a role or do stuff, or do you forget that he was doing stuff and playing a role in Azsuna that reveals him, his story and his people's story.
    how the heck want to do quests with a ghost who is not alliance affiliated?

he is a ghost, let this to the living beings

Added a line about Mechagon.

Cool, so we don't kill off Azshara but seal her? I'll take it.

but they could not be controlled because they were under the control of the LK prob, they never said anything about the undead condition.

they did indeed talk of how some undeads would act strange and whisper strange things there.

And there is also undeads in the twilight cult, who probably are controlled/corrupted the same way other races.

- - - Updated - - -

and he is dead
    He shot fireballs into the Naga queens face

Quote Originally Posted by Trikszter View Post
    Well this entire ptr just shows its truly mop v2. It was interesting when nathanos shit the tidecaller, and the maghar leader was the only one who praised Sylvanas. Likely who the maghar sided with Garrosh...And ofc course if the plan is to Drain N’zoth’s power, it will fail and that raid will be similar to soo. Everything a mop ripoff...
    MoP was a lot more than the Horde rebellion and so is BfA.

And we're most likely not going to raid orgrimmar again or even just kill Sylvanas. It seems as after 8.2 we'll be dealing either with N'Zoth and/or Azeroth herself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    He shot fireballs into the Naga queens face
    and i hit her with my donger blade, he still a ghost, who can pass away
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2019-04-23 at 10:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Stage 1: It Begins

Get past the guards at the end of the passage.
    Stage 2: Under Watchful Eyes
    Avoid the guards as you cross the room with Thrall and Saurfang.
    Stage 7: Truce and Consequences

Save Baine at all costs.

Stay of Execution

Stage 2: Under Watchful Eyes
    Avoid the guards as you cross the room with Thrall and Saurfang.
    Stage 7: Truce and Consequences

Act as if you will save Baine at all costs.
    They changed the descriptions of some of the 8.2 War campaign stages. Wonder how far we're supposed to go with the 'act' part. And more importantly I wonder if they're going to change our interactions with the Sunreavers as Horde so that we aren't forced into killing them.

They also removed a few references to the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    Im wondering, do all these "Baine and Saurfang are traitors, kill them!!!!!"-fanboys realize that Sylvanas herself disobeyed at least one direct order from WARCHIEF Garrosh in Cata? You know, when he told her "Dont use the blight, bitch", and the very next quest she said "Screw him" and used it anyway? Which makes her also a traitor to the horde.
    Not saying Baine is a good character or Saurfang has been written any good this addon, but Sylvanas is as much a traitor to the horde as they are, since Cata.
    Yes and do you even know what the difference is between Baine/Saufang treason and Sylvanas disobeying an order.

If Saurfang and Baine didn't betray the warchief they'd still be leading their people and likely even winning a war. If Sylvanas obeyed Garrosh then his plan to wipe out the forsaken would have gone through and there'd be no more Forsaken. It's almost as if reasons why matter.

The way Blizzard are now portraying Horde leaders are basically having them at a point they'd look at Allied actions in WW2 and scream dishonorable at them. Outside of things that are impossible in real world the Allies did everything Sylvanas had including bombing citizen areas in cities to kill as many people as possible just because.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    They changed the descriptions of some of the 8.2 War campaign stages. Wonder how far we're supposed to go with the 'act' part. And more importantly I wonder if they're going to change our interactions with the Sunreavers as Horde so that we aren't forced into killing them.

They also removed a few references to the Alliance.
    It's all pretty hopeless damage control. Especially the bits where Saurfang acts offended on behalf of the Zandalari king he never met and the people he never interacted with.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Where the hell is Garrosh when you need him. Someone needs to go rez him as a DK already. He's gonna be pissed when he finds out he missed 1v1 with Sargeras.

- Garrosh did nothing wrong
    - There are no choices to stand with him whatsoever, even when it was more reasonable
    - She will not be final raid boss
    - She will not be imprisoned
    - She will get a Kerrigan treatment, ascend to be an evil entity of death/void or just be redeemed
    Garrosh did everything wrong.