View Poll Results: Are you content with the faction war overall?

Voters
172. This poll is closed
  • Yes (solely or mostly Alliance)

3 1.74%
  • No (solely or mostly Alliance)

31 18.02%
  • Yes (solely or mostly Horde)

12 6.98%
  • No (solely or mostly Horde)

50 29.07%
  • Yes (plays both factions)

11 6.40%
  • No (plays both factions)

65 37.79%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Are you content with the faction war overall?

Please vote honestly.

I play solely Horde and i can't express the words on how disappointed this faction war has been so far. It is an absolute shame that most of our leaders are more in stance with the Alliance and that this is anything but MoP 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    No, I'm not content with the faction war.

I don't buy into the "Horde leadership is complicit with the Alliance" conspiracy that seems so popular, my dissatisfaction with the faction war storyline hinges on it being almost completely feckless and irredeemably stupid in the face of Azeroth bleeding out due to Sargeras' actions at the end of Legion. Sylvanas' advocacy of war should've immediately had the bulk of the Horde automatically questioning her - and the lead-up arms race around Azerite itself feels almost entirely farcical and contrary to what I would consider even basic sense. The fact that everyone involved in this war seems stupidly arbitrary is, to me, a factor of the foundation for the war itself being built upon sand - the resulting structure (BfA's narrative itself in this case) is always just a few degrees removed from complete collapse.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Fine with faction war.
    But i hate the fact that once again we get a conflict inside the Horde.
    I would rather see the Horde races get closer and more united because of the war.

But they are doing the Garrosh plot and that is just lazy of blizzard lore team and not creative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I’ve wanted a faction war, a proper faction war, for a long time.

BfA isn’t it. They decided to repeat MoP instead of having an actual faction war and they’ve managed to destroy the Horde in the process. Not because we lost to the Alliance, but because we lost to ourselves.

When BfA is done we’ll have two slightly different versions of the Alliance. One Blue, the other Red. What was the point of this? Why couldn’t we have a proper war without all this old god bullshit, Azerite or a second batty Warchief?

The only way to save my will to keep playing this game is to have ALL the leaders of the Alliance and Horde wipe each other out, with the next expansion focusing on rebuilding from the ashes. With both factions being immeasurably weakened and vulnerable to previously minor threats like the defias and burning blade cult again.

A soft narrative reset.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2019-04-19 at 11:57 AM.

The lore in BFA is the main reason I quit the game back in October. It made no sense whatsoever from a lore point of view. It ruined the characters, and how I felt about my character where he stood in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I’ve wanted a faction war, a proper faction war, for a long time.

BfA isn’t it. They decided to repeat MoP instead of having an actual faction war and they’ve managed to destroy the Horde in the process. Not because we lost to the Alliance, but because we lost to ourselves.

When BfA is done we’ll have two slightly different versions of the Alliance. One Blue, the other Red. What was the point of this? Why couldn’t we have a proper war without all this old god bullshit, Azerite or a second batty Warchief?

The only way to save my will to keep playing this game is to have ALL the leaders of the Alliance and Horde wipe each other out, with the next expansion focusing on rebuilding from the ashes. With both factions being immeasurably weakened and vulnerable to previously minor threats like the defias and burning blade cult again.

A soft narrative reset.
    This in every sense of the word. Blizzard forces the Horde to buther itself for no good. Something Alliance mains will never understand why it hurts because they are shielded from all problems by default, for being the Super heros of Azeroth squad.

10+ Year Old Account
    it was really boring and unfun theme especially given how fucking stupid the story has been with garrosh 2.0(but not really) bullshit etc...

it was a dumb direction to go after legion. so no, not happy at all. i play both sides.

it should have continued with more neutrality.

A faction war between playable factions has never and will mever have a proper place in an MMO. So nope.

I've also wanted a faction war expac for a long time, and initially I had a lot of faith in BfA delivering on that promise.

A Good War started with solid reasoning for why forcing a war now could have been a great idea, even as Azeroth dies.

Instead, we have this weird and warped character drama where half the main cast is symbolic of their faction's tropes and it's a disaster mess. Character dramas do not make good war plots.

The faction war was dumb and worn out long before BFA put it front and center. At this point, there have been so many truces made in response to a much more important threat, and events that break previously established truces for bullshit reasons where the whole mess could have been avoided by the slightest use of actual diplomacy. Also, whenever a diplomatically-inclined character has outlived their usefulness, they are either killed off unceremoniously or twisted into something else entirely, like Cairne and Jaina.

One wonders why permanent embassies between Horde and Alliance have not long since been constructed in Stormwind and Orgrimmar in order to actually communicate and avoid dumb incidents, or in Sylvanas' case, at the very least manipulate with and feed the opposition bad information. I mean, if she's so scared of dying, why the hell is she not messing with the Alliance in order to avoid being seen as the sort of monster that her current deeds as a mustache-twirling villain are revealing her to be?

Also, everything Aucald said.

It seems to me that the writers are simply trying to create conflict where really, a lot of people are pretty much done with that kind of thinly-veiled bullshit.

This faction war could have been fun if we had Alliance being the aggressor for once. Imagen if we had on the Horde side Sylvanas constantly being tempted to go full nuts but eventually getting the Horde united under a middle point between Kalimdor and EK Hordes, all while Alliance attacks and actually puts the Horde in real peril but risking to screw the whole world up. I even imagined we'd have as final boss some Azerite empowered Anduin/Greymane/Jaina/other Alliance leader focusing in destroying "the cancer of Azeroth" so much they hijacked the Heart Chamber to eradicate all threats to Azeroth even if risking to kill it.

As of now, it is bound to disaster, either they repeat MoP but 1000000000 times worse and more pathetic or pull something in the last minute that will inevitably feel cheap and barely thought...
    Specially now we have to consider Horde PCs are worse than Satan.

Nope.
    A faction war expansion should not come after an expansion that teaches us about the importance of friendship. You need some tension first.

There should be two strong motivations to start the fighting. You can't just tell one side that it will make sense later to attack and have that attack be the reason why the other side hates you now.

And it should not be tacked onto a "help those trolls and humans with their unrelated problems/old god" expansion.
    It should also not contain a civil war in one faction at the same time. Focus is important for dramatic tension and it's very hard to care about the other side when the world is dying from a giant sword AND being corrupted by an old god AND maybe murdered by a secret death god, while you are also trying to figure out which of your factions heroes is actually an enemy in a war about your factions identity.

All of those seem like super basic storytelling rules, so I don't know how this happened. Or I can only come up with stuff that makes me think that the BfA story was made by 5 different teams and only one or two of them work in the storydepartment.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

The faction divide has always been there and we are always reminded when we did a little pvp. That being said, any storyline involving the faction friction, feels empty. We all know that there can never be a clear winner or loser. So we are locked into a perpetual war that really means nothing, no real lost or gain. IF there were "real" consequences of the faction war, I dont know how the community would react. Imagine The war being won by either side, the chaos that would cause.

Looking at poll result I may have underestimated the writes. Being able to create a something that barely any enjoys and is disliked by both Horde and Alliance players alike and still be convinced about their genius of making complex and compelling story may indeed require some sort of talent

Would be so much better to have cold war-like theme. For examle, horde supports vulpera, alliance supports sethrak and those 2 new factions goes for active war while factions at first play passively. Ofc only champions go to the frontlines and as story progreses some super-villain, weapon whatever is found that forces both factions actively join war. Here i wrote better bfa narrative in like 1minute.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    The War of Thorns and Lordaeron were the only proper A v H battles. Part of prepatch BFA, after those events everything else felt lesser and unsatisfying. I thought the Alliance would get vengeance for Teldrassil at some point but guess not, and no I don't mean vengeance on Sylvie, but on the Horde.

Considering the faction war was just shoved out of the door almost immediately when Sylvanas torched the tree to focus on another insufferable poorly thought out muh honor rebellion to gut the Horde's cast while the Alliance are once more reduced to Stockholm Syndrome-ridden nannies who just want to heal the faction that's constantly committing unspeakable crimes to them, I'm not content, no. I love the faction war conceptually, but I loathe the execution.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

I'm bored of the Alliance vs. Horde entirely, personally. I know it's viewed as a core component of the game and would potentially break PVP if they did away with it but I think both factions have had plenty of reasons to just say to hell with it and stop it already. But BLIZ keeps finding some weird/stupid reason to keep it up. It made sense way back in the day but now, it just feels forced.

Love the idea of faction wars, but it's pulled of so stupidly
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Why yes, Blizz sure is a bunch of happy fellas!