Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Exclamation (SPOILERS!!!) 8.2 PTR summary

SPOILERS AHEAD!

Baine scenario

***Spiritwalker Ussoh has a disturbing vision, shared with Lor'themar. The vision is about Baine´s execution by Sylvanas..
    ***Anduin has a message given to him by his spies that gives the info to alliance. Confirmation: Anduin didnt receive any kind of visions.
    -Jaina and Thrall become allies to rescue Baine. Jaina is thankful with Baine because he helped Derek, her brother.
    - Shaw participates.
    - Rokhan supports the rescue.
    ***On the Horde side, Lorthemar asks you to save Baine. Lorthermar: "Baine Bloodhoof represents all that is best in the Horde"
    -Nathanos says Lorthemar is a traitor.
    -Saurfang also goes for Baine.
    -Three versions of the quest: Alliance, Horde and Horde loyalist (side with Sylvanas)
    -Obviously, Sylvanas set it as a trap: "Today, the Sunreavers will be avenged"
    -Everyone escape. Nathanos asks to play along the traitors…for now. We trust Sylvanas plan and we will summoned in the future.
    ***GENN ISNT HAPPY ABOUT SAVING A LEADER OF THE HORDE. In the end, he agrees to fight Azshara but he will be alert about the Horde.

Heart of Azeroth

-Magni sends us to help the Dragonflights (Alexstrasza, Kalecgos, Ebonhorn, Green) to recover essences and active the Heart Forge.
    -The nightmare attacks again!
    -No signs of Nozdormu.

Nazjatar rise

***Sylvanas goes to Nazjatar and the Alliance follows her. Sylvanas has a plan to end the conflict with a battle at the sea. Sylvanas say the dagger will guide them. Did she know the dagger was guiding her to Azshara´s ambush?
    ***Genn fell into the trap. As soon he knows the Horde fleet left Zuldazar, he wanted to end the war by figthing at the sea.
    -It was Azshara´s trap. The Alliance loses a lot of forces. It seems Sylvanas plan was success. Genn is really sad.
    -Ashvane is converted into somethings she doesn’t like. Ashvane mocks about the war between Alliance and Horde. We don’t focus on who is pulling the strings.
    -Shandris, Thalyssra, Jaina y Lorthemar appears.
    -We have to recover the Tidestone of Golganneth. Otherwise Azshara can call the ocean again and drown us.
    -Jaina´s plan is to focus on Azshara while Saurfang wins strength for a rebellion against Sylvanas. However, she doesn’t forget Teldrassil deserves justice.
    -Thalysrra meditates about a truce but if the truce is broken, war will ignite again. Thalysrra is still part of Sylvanas army.
    ***Lorthemar agrees with Thalysrra. He says: "A lesson once taught to Jaina Proudmoore and me. Your counsel is wise, Thalyssra. Our focus must be on ending Azshara's reign."
    -Lorthemar will side with Thrall and Saurfang. It doesnt mean they are working together, it is just Lorthemar wish after we defeat new threat (see aftermath).

****If you are a Restoration Shaman with the artifact weapon, Azshara says how you dare to use her weapon against her.
    ****Azshara literally says: "the king of diamonds has been made a pawn"
    ****Azshara shows us a vision of Nzoth: Titan pillars. A chain descending into the darkness. At the end of the vision: Azshara told us to meet her at the CIRCLE OF STARS.

Ankhoan for the Alliance
    ***We ask if the Ankhoan if the Jyniu are their kin. They answer they left the land long time ago.
    ***They said everything is dangerous. If the Alliance is alive is because Azshara allows it.

Nazjatar/Zin Ashari
    ***Azshara will suddenly talks to use while we explore Nazjatar. She mocks Thalysrra many time.s
    ***Azshara forces have summoners, tide callers but there are also Naga who learned how to use the void.
    ***Thalysrra express she never imagined to see this city again. She doesnt forget what Azshara did. She considers Azshara sacrificed her people twice: with the Legion and then, with Nzoth. Azshara says she did it for a "greater good" and she will understand...soon...
    ***There are ancient portals that we cant activate. Oculeth helps us. He remembers he used to have a workshop.
    *** Azshara mocks Thalysrra and ask if she will steal the Tidestone. Perhaps she will bring to Tyrande and do another forbidden ritual.
    ***We see some flashbacks of the fall of the city. How the people had faith in their queen.
    ***We have to recover the javelin to enter the palace. The javelin was designed to pierce the barrier of the Tidestone.
    ***Shandris remembers her nephew? Janius. We see a flashback.

Azshara raid

-Azshara wants us into her palace.
    ****We are culling the weak.
    ****Sivara is the first boss of the raid. The best pupil of Thalysrra.
    -Ashvane is a boss. She is converted into somethings she doesn’t like. Ashvane mocks about the war between Alliance and Horde. We don’t focus on who is pulling the strings.
    -Thalyssra helps us during the fight agains the Herald of Nzoth (the previous boss to Azshara)
    -The last boss is Azshara. Azshara wants to break the seal and the same times keep us alive. Nzoth repeats many phrases of the Old Gods and it seems we and the Heart of Azeroth are the key to free him.
    - Azshara starts doing a ritual to drain the power of the Heart of Azeroth. No one cant do anything. Jaina cant teleports us out: "Yes, a titan's heart was exactly what was needed. Not to heal the world... but to shatter the prison of a god."

Fight end???? and aftermath!!!!
    -Jaina and Thalysrra work together to seal Azshara. However the victory is hollow. Nothing can stop Nzoth.

- Lorthemar and Jaina agree they CANT be divided with the new threat coming. Lorthemar says that with Sylvanas in Orgrimmar, there is no chance of peace. He says he will tell his people how they fought together and the new threat for the world.

Mechagon
    ***Chromie says we must help to change the destiny of Rusbolt. She watched an alternate reality where everything become machines: the entire life on Azeroth.

Sylvanas Endgame
    ***Sylvanas asks Nathanos to trust her. The war is serving its PURPOSE. The next phase will start.
    ***She says that casualties on both sides will be substantial.
    ***She asks to take the fleet and the blade will guide. I guess that Sylvanas guides us to Azshara´s trap. After the naga attack, Nathanos ask you to see the damage over the Alliance fleet.
    ***The characters survival is part of Sylvanas plans.

Eye of the corruptor: a new riddle?
    Give in. Accept the embrace. Listen.
    Listen. Listen. Listen. LISTEN.
    The queen threatens the king. There is no way to win. Listen.
    The undrowned will join the chorus. Listen to it.
    Listen. Open the gate. Step into the abyss. Complete the circle.
    You were right to doubt them.
    Listen. She is a threat. Kill her. KILL HER.
    Listen. You know this is the truth. It is but one of a thousand. You have only to listen.
    Everywhere you look, the stars gaze back. You know their form already. You have but to listen

***The message is clear. Sylvanas is a threat. Soon we will drown (enter Nazjatar). We will release Nzoth and complete the circle of star (Nzoth). The last part can have many meanings :/

If I commit a mistake or there is something to add, tell me!

- - - Updated - - -

Reserved for updates

1. Mistake about who appears on Nazjatar. Tyrande is mentioned.
    2. Added more details about the rise of Nazjatar. Azshara uses many phrases of the prophecies. Look for the ***
    3. Updated the part of Baine´s visions. ANDUIN DIDNT RECEIVE ANY KIND OF VISIONS
    4. I updated that Jaina is thankful with Baine because he saved Derek. I seems it isnt obvious why she helps Baine.
    5. Added something Chromie says about Mechagon
    6. Sylvanas endgame.
    7. Eye of the corruptor.
    8. Genn isnt happy about helping Baine. Genn wanted to end the war at the ocean.
    Last edited by KainneAbsolute; 2019-04-24 at 03:55 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    -Lorthemar will side with Thrall and Saurfang.
    Fuck yes. It was obvious. Now its time to watch Sylvanas-fans reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Most pathetic storyline ever written. Saurfang is coward who only cries and comes out when it suits him. He did nothing to stop Sylvanas before, why is he even trying now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It just gets worse and worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

there you have mine.

this is so bad. lol.
    change can't wait.

-The nightmare attacks again!
    As expected, the Nightmare Lord might still be alive. Xavius did say at the end that nightmare are never truly forgotten...
    and it seems we and the Heart of Azeroth are the key to free him.
    And who gave you that Heart? Magni, the King of Diamonds who has been made a pawn.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Why does she wants us to be alive, to kill N'zoth?

Anyone who still believes this is not MoP 2.0 tell me 5 differences. I'll wait

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Does Tyrande truly appear at Nazjatar? I thought it was Shandris.

Quote Originally Posted by Langusta View Post
    - The Pandaren play no role at all.
    - uh....
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Why yes, Blizz sure is a bunch of happy fellas!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    1.) Player agency (loyalist vs. rebel quest-chain divergence)
    2.) Setting and related context
    3.) Important characters and their relationships within both factions
    4.) No major civil war component in either faction as of yet
    5.) Presence of a third-party greater scope villain that appears to be the final objective of the expansion (e.g. not Garrosh/Sylvanas)
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

-Horde split is not based on hackneyed racism crap
    -Sylvanas doesn't want to kill loyal player characters (so far)
    -Player is allowed to be loyal to evil warchief
    -final raid doesn't look like it's a capital city invasion that demoralizes an entire faction as losers
    -final boss/overall villain isn't a warchief, even if she's a villain/antagonist/maybe a fight in the raid Jaina-style
    -Horde players/lore figures don't look weaklings like Vol'jins gang

It's too similar for people to not be mad, but there are stark differences that are done on purpose to not make it 1:1. Any story where the warchief is evil/antagonistic and players can't do anything about it until the end would be called Mists 2 and that's ALL that people really care about.

So Tyrande appears as well? Great, was hoping she did, but where is a source for this? Not doubting you, but just curious.

The name of expansion.
    The locations.
    The characters involved.

I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    5.) Presence of a third-party greater scope villain that appears to be the final objective of the expansion (e.g. not Garrosh/Sylvanas)
    What player agency? The players actually loyal to the Horde merely play along with the traitors anyway. That's not even a cosmetic difference. This bullshit with no payout whatsoever exists only because Blizzard overestimated how Saurfang and Baine bending over for Anduin would be popular with Horde players. And instead of actually reconsidering they hamfisted these obviously fake choices that amount to nothing whatsoever to create a smokescreen to shut people up.

And 8.2 already mentions Saurfang's rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    What player agency? The players actually loyal to the Horde merely play along with the traitors anyway. That's not even a cosmetic difference. This bullshit with no payout whatsoever exists only because Blizzard overestimated how Saurfang and Baine bending over for Anduin would be popular with Horde players. And instead of actually reconsidering they hamfisted these obviously fake choices that amount to nothing whatsoever to create a smokescreen to shut people up.
    No payout: because the player character should be able (I would shockingly guess a mass minority of players who want to be loyal to Sylvanas) to kill Baine or something?

You'll get your payout, it'll be a toy or something in 8.3. A flock of loyalist murderhobos fending off Jaina, Matthias Shaw, Thrall and Saurfang all at once would be beyond retarded.

- - - Updated - - -

A coup is not a civil war, and there won't be any "kill Horde characters" WQs for Horde players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium

Loyalists are given an option that prompts different NPC dialogue, different outcomes, and are recognized later on in the War Effort chain (closing off some avenues and opening others). So your complaint basically boils down to "the two paths aren't different enough." That's a valid criticism, I think, and I agree that it could certainly do with some unique content depending on what choices you've made to some degree.

As for Saurfang's rebellion, it currently belongs to just Saurfang and possibly Zekhan - no other info on his continuing escapades and no sign that he's assembled a coalition of any kind. So still not a civil war type of scenario yet.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    No payout: because the player character should be able (I would shockingly guess a mass minority of players who want to be loyal to Sylvanas) to kill Baine or something?
    Stop being facetious when you can't do that properly. Doing the same exact version of the quest and just being told "play along for the lols" isn't an actual choice. Players loyal to the Horde should be at least trying to stop the traitor from being rescued by his equally traitorous buddies, not be forced to save that complete disgrace to the Horde.

Loyalists are given an option that prompts different NPC dialogue, different outcomes, and are recognized later on in the War Effort chain (closing off some avenues and opening others). So your complaint basically boils down to "the two paths aren't different enough." That's a valid criticism, I think, and I agree that it could certainly do with some unique content depending on what choices you've made to some degree.
    What "different outcomes"? The quests that actually contain the choices play the exact same way no matter what you choose. You still help Baine free Jaina brother, you still help Saurfang and Thrall free Baine. The only slight difference is the Saurfang one, but it's only because the loyalist version just ends abruptly after your choice, prior to that it plays the exact same as well. That doesn't meet any definition of choice under the sun.

As for Saurfang's rebellion, it currently belongs to just Saurfang and possibly Zekhan - no other info on his continuing escapades and no sign that he's assembled a coalition of any kind. So still not a civil war type of scenario yet.
    And by the end of the patch also Lor'themar, Baine, Thrall and anyone loyal to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Does Tyrande truly appear at Nazjatar? I thought it was Shandris.
    Ups, they mention Tyrande and her forbidden ritual but yeah, Shandris is there

1. So now can players take part in something, what seems to go the same route as plot in MoP. Also, our choices have no relevancy at all, because in the end, you do what they want you to do anyway(with one exception being Saurfang scenario)
    2. How MoP didn't have that?
    3. What about Lor'themar and his struggling in the Horde which almost ended with him leaving? What about Vol'jin who almost get killed by Garrosh's assassins? Etc. again, how does this any differ from MoP in greater perspective?
    4. yet. Only all of Horde leaders are uniting against yet another Warchief.
    5. so instead of presence of one Old god (remains of Y'shaarj) you have N'zoth

I didn't say it's the exact copy. But the main points really come close