Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account

Hyacinth Macaw Change?

2 nights ago I had a [Parrot Cage(Hyacinth Macaw)] in my bags worth roughly 120k gold. I learned it to transfer it to another realm, and when I've summoned it I now have a [Hyacinth Macaw] worth 15k.

It also has changed from the Moonkin icon to a standard crappy feather.

What on earth has happened here, any ideas? I can't find anything on Google or in game!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharper13 View Post
    2 nights ago I had a [Parrot Cage(Hyacinth Macaw)] in my bags worth roughly 120k gold. I learned it to transfer it to another realm, and when I've summoned it I now have a [Hyacinth Macaw] worth 15k.

It also has changed from the Moonkin icon to a standard crappy feather.

What on earth has happened here, any ideas? I can't find anything on Google or in game!
    Nothing has happened. It is the same pet. I'm assuming you are using an addon that tallies sale prices and gives estimated value. Just happens that the lootable item shows up as worth more in the addon.

Also, lots of pets have a dfifferent icon on the item you learn it from and the one for a caged pet.

Prices can differ crazily between realms. What is worth 120k on one realm, can indeed be worth just 15k on another one. Especially if we're talking battle pets, which are pretty rare and hard to move goods. And especially if we're talking pets like Hyacinth Macaw, which is incredibly rare, and is being sold for a price that one guy who was lucky enough puts it up for. Often you will just have 1 guy selling a pet for half a year on a deadl realm, and no one buying it...this kind of thing. Some people say that farming & selling pets is a good moneymaking, but that's actually false. It's incredibly hard to sell a pet on AH, because of low demand.

By the way, 120k gold for Hyacinth Macaw seems just wrong. On my dead server, which mostly has everything more expensive than other realms, I've never seen it above 50k.

As for the icon, I think you are confused about something. The icon for Hyacinth Macaw has never been the moonkin icon, because it's not a moonkin. It has always been a blue feather, I remember because I actively farmed that years ago, and have seen it many times over the years.

Edit: Ok, so I checked and it seems the cage's icon was indeed the moonkin icon, but the pet icon has always been the feather. It seems they just brought it in line with the pet icon.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2019-04-18 at 02:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at it this way, lets take supply and demand between Sha'tar and Argent Dawn(EU) as an example, it may be worth say 100k on Sha'tar due to it being a low pop server, meaning there'd be less of them on the AH, meaning more demand, causing a higher price. Where as it may be worth 30k on Argent Dawn, where there's a larger population on the server, meaning a higher supply of it and a lower price (the prices I gave are just an example).
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Listed price =/= actual price.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

You should always check the caged version vs the actual pet version, a lot of times there is price differences