Page 1 of 41
... LastLast

Dragon Age 4 is off to a bad start

(Restarting the thread because the original was shut down)

And here I was already looking forward to the new installment, after the disappointment of Inquisition, that it will finally get back to Origins level of good writing, but NOPE, it's happening again.

Didn't they learn ANYTHING from Mass Effect Andromeda?

P.S.: I've replaced the video since the original was removed.
    Last edited by Jshadowhunter; 2018-12-13 at 09:29 AM.

Do you not think that maybe it was shut down for a reason?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post

And here I was already looking forward to the new installment, after the disappointment of Inquisition, that it will finally get back to Origins level of good writing, but NOPE, it's happening again.

I liked DA:I very much. The story might not has been as good as DA:O but the rest was

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Do you not think that maybe it was shut down for a reason?
    It was shut down for "edgy" title.

7+ Year Old Account
    Inquisition was a disappointment? That's news to me i really liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpymuppet View Post
    I liked DA:I very much. The story might not has been as good as DA:O but the rest was
    You forgot to mention empty open world that only exists for the brainless grind and not expanding the world narratively.

yeah, i heard this news as well.

seems we'll never get another origins. a damn shame.

I mean,Bioware has been dead for a while now,it's not the same studio that brought us Origins

You forgot to mention empty open world that only exists for the brainless grind and not expanding the world narratively.
    Please, please explain me how a MMOesque quest setup is ''SJW''. That's going to be fun.

Also, please explain me how your kind and kin of ''REAL GAMURZ'' would make a game that is OBVIOUSLY about Elves that were scapegoated and enslaved for centuries without offending the alt right snowflakes, who would cry that ''Birth of a Nation'' and ''Der Jude Suss'' are left wing movies ''Kauze they talk too much and dunt kill enuf dirty non whites''

Inquisition was pretty awesome, especially the DLC. Definitely showed they could bounce back after the true disappointment which was DA2

I kinda liked inquisition as long as its not as bad as DA 2 ill be happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Never cared much for the Dragon Age series, but it's sad to see how such an iconic franchise has just kind of been ruined by the incompetency of invasive, new developers.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Please, please explain me how a MMOesque quest setup is ''SJW''. That's going to be fun.

Also, please explain me how your kind and kin of ''REAL GAMURZ'' would make a game that is OBVIOUSLY about Elves that were scapegoated and enslaved for centuries without offending the alt right snowflakes, who would cry that ''Birth of a Nation'' and ''Der Jude Suss'' are left wing movies ''Kauze they talk too much and dunt kill enuf dirty non whites''
    I really dont know what to make of you, i sometimes hope you are trolling to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

When they pull out the yearly ''Call of PURE WHITE AMERICAN WITH VERY BIG BOOM BOOM STICKS GO KILL FILTHY IMPURE RUSSIANS/ARABS/BLACKS/SOUTH AMERICANS'' are you crying that much that they make political games ?

EA ruins everything it touches

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    I really dont know what to make of you, i sometimes hope you are trolling to be honest.
    What else Bioware needed to drive the point about alienages ? Have them celebrate Yom Kippur ?

I mean, it's not very hard to understand, even for edgelords, isn'it ? Tedas , like most fantasy worlds, is racked with racial tensions obviously based on real world ones.

All the methods kraved by the Magaboys to deal with dirty impure darkies that don't know their place have been tried and enforced against Elves for centuries. They are Elves ghettoes, Elves pogroms, Elves lynchings, you name it, they do it. And it have led to the actual God of the Elves (the Dread Wolf) to be fed up with this and decide to end this

What the edgelords would find acceptable is mobs of Humans massacring defenceless Elves (hint : that was done in the game) and receiving medals for it while the guard is looking away (backstory of Celene in DA III, Elve origin story in DAO) They will cry that the game is SJW when it will (inevitably) feature the local brownshirts getting brown pants when facing the Dread Wolf.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2018-12-12 at 05:36 PM.

I never said it was. It was just one of biggest non-narrative failings of Inquisition.

Also... what are you on about even?

- - - Updated - - -

When they pull out the yearly ''Call of PURE WHITE AMERICAN WITH VERY BIG BOOM BOOM STICKS GO KILL FILTHY IMPURE RUSSIANS/ARABS/BLACKS/SOUTH AMERICANS'' are you crying that much that they make political games ?
    Emmmm... Wat?

Bioware will be the next studio on the long list of closed studios by EA

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    Inquisition was pretty awesome, especially the DLC. Definitely showed they could bounce back after the true disappointment which was DA2
    Except when the end DLC makes you realize "wait... if you could do that this whole time why didn't you do it in the 1st place?!" and you get the response that basically amounts to "reasons".

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how people think that is an issue. I mean I rather have an open world, even if major part of it is empty, compared to all the QQ I've heard about DA2 which was in one city. Because it is a lot easier to fill a small area with important stuff than it is to fill an open world. But all of your accomplishment will feel less in a closed space.