UK: Half of England is owned by less than 1% of the population

“A few thousand dukes, baronets and country squires own far more land than all of middle England put together.”

The findings, described as “astonishingly unequal”, suggest that about 25,000 landowners – typically members of the aristocracy and corporations – have control of half of the country.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...downers-author

I've always heard that the descendants of the Normans own everything. Is that true?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you know guillotines can have wheels, so you can move them from place to place where need be?
    No relation at all to this topic, just a nice fact I felt like sharing, somehow.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Theres actually a Danish guy that owns far too much of Scotland, and whilst I'm sure his conservation efforts are appreciated, I dont condone selling half my country to random rich people.
    A sad, but interesting, coincidence - three of his children were killed in the Sri Lanka bombings.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Lol more "poor" folks from western nations validating the killing off of the rich in their country becuase those rich are the 1%. Yet have no care at all that they themselves are the 1% of the world..guess you all want to die...
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    At least it's their own Countrymen that own it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Capitalism - felt like popping this little thing here.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

15+ Year Old Account
    I’m willing to bet you no one in the 1% knows MMO Champion exists or has 10,000 posts.

That is not a coincidence.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

Prepare for all the people explaining to you how this A) doesn't matter B) is justified C) is actually a good thing or D) all of the aforementioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Prepare for all the people explaining to you how this A) doesn't matter B) is justified C) is actually a good thing or D) all of the aforementioned.
    Hey man they clearly worked hard for it; you're just jealous they have more than you.

/s
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.