Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Amazon will likely move to the east coast or Austin Texas and be better than ever. It isn’t their first choice to abandon Seattle but when their city management is run by lunatics who think you can erase homelessness by overtaxing the rich; a plan that will never work in human history.

Survival of the fittest and all. The only people racing to the bottom are those raising taxes forever. Less taxes are better for everyone. Why do you think there’s a great flight away from the west coast with businesses?

Amazon does fine to help out, they go above and beyond; but when politicians invite all of America’s homeless into their city and then expect corporations to cover the cost,., that isn’t what they signed up for and shouldn’t have to. That’s what certain helpful organizations are for.

I’m of the mindset that we are overpopulated anyway and survival of the fittest is the only way forward
    The problem you are having is, liberals also are moving to Texas for the reasons you pointed to Austin. Which is moving more and more away from conservatism. Then they will vote for the candidates which basically stand for the same reasons they left where they use to live in the first place. I do not know a lot about Texas, but correct me if I am wrong about Austin being more liberal than the rest of Texas. However, I do agree with your overall post.
    The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that… it is their right and duty to be at all times armed.” - Thomas Jefferson.

If I do not respond to your post directed at myself, there will be three reasons. 1. You are on my ignore list. 2. You did not make a post I felt was worthy of a response. 3. I simply never saw it, as I do not dig thru posts if I been offline for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    The problem you are having is, liberals also are moving to Texas for the reasons you pointed to Austin. Which is moving more and more away from conservatism. Then they will vote for the candidates which basically stand for the same reasons they left where they use to live in the first place. I do not know a lot about Texas, but correct me if I am wrong about Austin being more liberal than the rest of Texas. However, I do agree with your overall post.
    That’s true but they still have tx state law, and it would take generations of nothing but the most liberal of libs moving and having children there to have a true impact on the state. And if that happened amazon would just move to NC or somewhere else.

I may be a liberal, but the idea that you can tax away poverty is laughable. They literally invited all the homeless into Seattle in the nation then tried to pass the buck onto amazon. They legit made a law that said amazons profits need to go to the homeless. What a crock.

Not all of us liberals are bad with money. Some of us understand that the idea of taxing away the wealth gap into some equal Eutopia is less realistic than everyone in the USA winning the powerball at the same Time