Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Should Gilneans get a unique Human look?

Since the Worgens have yet to get a full model update, I was wondering what people thought about having them getting a unique look to their human forms.

Nothing as drastic as the Kul Tiran look, but maybe something like a scruffier looking human that would look like they would turn into a Werewolf, or even something more posh and noble looking that would befit Genn Greymane's official concept art or Heroes of the Storm look (which i think isn't well represented in WoW). Something like Jekyll and Hyde options, a very Victorian looking human with monocle options.

This means we could get a female Gilnean look too, maybe females with sharper features and more pointy noses. Just some subtle distinctive features but all using the same Human rigs.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-04-18 at 09:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean it would be great if they ended up making their human forms look a bit more rougher and weathered and give them some messy/tangled hair options to fit with how the curse has affected them + the harsher environment of Gilneas but I doubt Blizzard is going to invest time in giving that sort of cosmetic variation to one singular race especially when players are so rarely in that form and don't say in it for a long time as is.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    I don 't see why not

Perhaps some different physical customizable features that are only unique to them ( like certain facial hair(s), hair styles , skin color ) but the human model should remain

Since you 'll be in Worgen form 95% of the time anyway , why not ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be lovely but not really much needed, they already have a unique look. I mean, they transform into damn Worgen.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I'd love a more human looking Worgen form instead.

I think they should keep the same base model, but just add unique rugged faces and hairstyles.

Waste of development time and energy. How often you turn into human form with worgen? I think last time I used that was in cataclysm, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think doing so would probably go against Blizz's general philosophy for model updates which is to make the new models look as true to their previous iteration as possible. I doubt anyone would be opposed to simply adding new hair/skin options, but making new, non-standard human models for Worgen is probably not on the table, which is understandable. I'm more realistically hoping for Worgen/Goblin heritage armor to come with their updates.

They should get victorian hairstyles. I think they should just copy mechagnomes in that matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Reaver View Post
    I think doing so would probably go against Blizz's general philosophy for model updates which is to make the new models look as true to their previous iteration as possible. I doubt anyone would be opposed to simply adding new hair/skin options, but making new, non-standard human models for Worgen is probably not on the table, which is understandable. I'm more realistically hoping for Worgen/Goblin heritage armor to come with their updates.
    Worgen have less hairstyles/beards than standard humans. They can fill this gap with new victorian stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Waste of development time and energy. How often you turn into human form with worgen? I think last time I used that was in cataclysm, lol.
    There is market for these changes so I don't see any waste.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

7+ Year Old Account
    They could easily reskin them with pointed ears similar to how Greymane looks in HotS

Maybe even yellow or red eyes
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

But whats the point? Unless u rp, 99% of time you will be in your worgen form.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I think they should keep the same base model, but just add unique rugged faces and hairstyles.
    I like that idea. I don't think they need to be totally different in their build. That's a waste of resources in my opinion, but some different options for face and hairstyles seems like it would be a fair trade. Maybe some access to more Victorian clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobman View Post
    But whats the point? Unless u rp, 99% of time you will be in your worgen form.
    Well isn't that the point of any character's visuals?

I mean I main a Druid but I still don't want a derpy armor tier sets just because I'm in bear form 90% of the time in dungeons.

Back in Cata, some of the more acceptable Worgen Female customizations ended up with horrible Human face counterparts. I don't know if the Human customization is now unbound from the Worgen choices, but man some of the combos were terrible.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-04-18 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post

There is market for these changes so I don't see any waste.
    What market? 3 people on mmo-champ forums? No one ever uses gilnean human form in game, they would better use that developement time to add more hairstyles and customisation to the actualy worgen form.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Well isn't that the point of any character's visuals?

I mean I main a Druid but I still don't want a derpy armor tier sets just because I'm in bear form 90% of the time in dungeons.

Back in Cata, some of the more acceptable Worgen Female customizations ended up with horrible Human face counterparts. I don't know if the Human customization is now unbound from the Worgen choices, but man some of the combos were terrible.
    Druids are different example. Resto use normal model all the time and many boomkins use glyph of stars, plus it has to look good because its gear, people gonna farm it for transmog or other shit. I mean if we gonna update human models, let ir be regular humans first, they still look like ape-man with cone beards and box hairs.

In general updated humans could have many features that worgen humans could use aswell, so would be win-win situation.

I'd rather resources go into class development than a form no one will use

7+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind more hairstyles at least, but would be cool if their faces were more grizzled and refined. Would make me stay out of worgen form more often.

7+ Year Old Account
    They should let you play as a Gilnean. Worgen are lame but Gilneans look and sound cool.

They should at least let you customize both shapes separately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Why yes, Blizz sure is a bunch of happy fellas!

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    I'd rather resources go into class development than a form no one will use
    Do you mean new class art? Because this suggestion doesn't involve any class designers to implement, only art. We've already see the new Worgen models shown at Blizzcon, so I'm only suggesting updated human heads or hairstyles to go along with, given that they have the time and budget for it.

If you're talking about class development as in game design, I'm not sure this is taking any resources away from that at all.