Poll: Your Hype Level for Blizzcon 2019

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    They say that every Blizzcon lol.

And for the past couple of years they've been underwhelming, disappointing and boring. And more of an advertisement for them and Activision trash than anything. The panels just lack passion and the people hosting them barely seem interested or want to.

Blizzcon hasn't been about the fans for a while.
    I don’t recall ever reading or hearing Blizzard people downplay the upcoming Blizzcon months in advance to favor the following year’s.

And they’ve always been advertisements. What we’ve been missing in recent years is the hype machine that was Metzen.
    Brack and Morhaime are near the bottom of magnitudes on the hype-Richter scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I don’t recall ever reading or hearing Blizzard people downplay the upcoming Blizzcon months in advance to favor the following year’s.

And they’ve always been advertisements. What we’ve been missing in recent years is the hype machine that was Metzen.
    Brack and Morhaime are near the bottom of magnitudes on the hype-Richter scale.
    Indeed, the con is as much about the fans (interacting with and advertising to us) as it always were, regardless of what the resident alternative facts-machine would say.

Quote Originally Posted by Villentretenmerth View Post
    ...and they already said there are nore major Games coming this Year.
    Right, but Blizzcon 2019 is about 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I saw the BFA cinematic at Blizzcon 2017 the hype couldn't be contained. Now I learned. I remember the hopes I had for a good story, man how naive I was. Not even the gameplay aside from Raids has kept me interested. 8.2 is just more of the same and the narrative is just getting worst.

Lesson learned, I'm just going to watch it with no expectations and no hype, and to not be fooled by a 2 million $ cinematic.

Voted "Very Skeptical"..which does not mean i will not follow the announcements very closely, it just means my expectations are very slim. I had huge expectations after Legion...and they managed to disappont all of them.
    I have extremely little expectations right now, which means Blizzard SHOULD be able to surpise me in a positive way. Which means i might actually enjoy this Blizzcon more than the last.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-04-19 at 12:37 AM.

I'm excited by the fact that we'll know what 9.0 will be and all that. Beyond that though, I'm kinda... "meh" about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    When I saw the BFA cinematic at Blizzcon 2017 the hype couldn't be contained. Now I learned. I remember the hopes I had for a good story, man how naive I was. Not even the gameplay aside from Raids has kept me interested. 8.2 is just more of the same and the narrative is just getting worst.

Lesson learned, I'm just going to watch it with no expectations an no hype, and to not be fooled by a 2 million $ cinematic.
    I’ve actually been bad at this myself starting with Cata.
    I consistently get mega-hyped for what turns out to be the crap expansions and “meh” at stuff like MoP and Legion. I even recognized that trend beforehand with BfA and I still fell for it like WoD. Thus, bizarrely, I guess I should sorta hope for a /shrug in 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    I'm excited by the fact that we'll know what 9.0 will be and all that. Beyond that though, I'm kinda... "meh" about it.
    Meh gave them the benefit of the doubt with WoD.

BFA basically took that benefit and spat on it so personally I couldn't care less what 9.0 has. Could remove all the timegating and RNG aspects and to be honest I'd still either not come back or wait till 9.3 to get it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-04-19 at 12:38 AM.

It’s gonna be Garbo as usual
    Insert cringe politically charged signature here

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    So you didn't say this which lead to the exhange between you two? My baaaaaaad...

Actually, no. My point stands. You're guessworking, you have no actual facts as to what their release schedule will be nor what they'll announce so pretending that you do is just redundant.
    Take another look, he's trying to claim that 8.3 will be out before the end of the year, you just have zero clue how to read.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    You didn't provide me with proof. all you did was speculate. you claimed they were facts. I don't want to discuss anything with u anymore since u're dense AF
    It is facts lol, regardless of what you want to tell yourself to feel better. No raid tier is going to last under 6 months, minimum, this is a fact given by evidence of the last 14 years of the game being around. They're not going to kill off a major villain that players have wanted to fight for a decade with a raid that will last less than 6 months. You're actually an idiot if you believe otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Indeed, the con is as much about the fans (interacting with and advertising to us) as it always were, regardless of what the resident alternative facts-machine would say.
    I think it can also be used as a gauge for skeptical or critical players for where the game is at, and where it's likely to go. As long as you're honest about reveals being almost entirely hype, you can use it as one end of a scale to figure out what to look for in the following year.

To me it's a bit like watching a video or a post of someone I generally disagree with. I know where they stand, and can use that as a point of reference. Not the easiest thing to do, but useful if you're careful.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Overall...not really. Blizzcon 2018 left a bad taste in my mouth that still hasn't quite gone away. My expectations are somewhat low because of that.

Some things I'd kind of like to hear:

WoW - I'll be slightly interested in hearing whatever ideas/theme they cook up for the next expansion.

Starcraft - any news about Starcraft's future would be nice. SC3? Some non-RTS Starcraft game along the lines of Ghost? Anything?

Diablo - D4 or D2 Remastered. Either way, I think Blizzcon 2018 was rock bottom for Diablo, and the only possible direction to go from that is up. Even if they announce nothing Diablo related at all, at least Diablo fans wouldn't be getting shit on again.

Everything else - no interest. I've never cared for Hearthstone or Overwatch.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-04-19 at 01:08 AM.

Somewhat low. I like to watch Blizzcon for developer updates on existing games as well as the reveal of the next WoW expansion.

We *may* get a new expansion reveal considering we're fairly close to patch 8.2, so 8.3. will likely come close to around Blizzcon time. Either way, if it's 8.3 or 9.0 I am quite hyped for it.

Ever since HotS got its team cut down I haven't held up much hope for some good character reveals and the like.

I doubt we'll get anything new on Diablo that isn't Immortal. But I hope they say nothing about Immortal ever since the backlash from last year.

Fuck Overwatch unless I finally have my Greek hero. I mean, fuck, we have a Greek map but no representative? (also, no, Greek Mercy skin doesn't count.) Hell, the MOON has two in the forms of Winston and Wrecking Ball for God's sake.

So... I dunno. Maybe hype? Maybe not?

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    No hype at all because the Blizzard of Today is no where near what it used to be. Might as well call it Activisioncon . I mean even moral at Blizzard has to be rock bottom these dyas. I cant see them putting any heart or soul in to Blizzcon. It will be a simple cash grab that really doesn't offer much like last year
    Basically how I feel. I have no hope in BfA esp when all the things they said the next patch would fix are still broken with no fixes being shown in the preview nor PTR. If D4 gets announced, that'd be cool, but all that's really left for me is WC3 Reforged.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hyped that they might do another nendoroid for the con? That's about it. Kinda bummed that I fully expect one of announcements will be that it is going to be the last blizzcon. With Activision cutting costs and their continual complaints over the years about it losing money (if true) it has to be on their hit list

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Meh gave them the benefit of the doubt with WoD.

BFA basically took that benefit and spat on it so personally I couldn't care less what 9.0 has. Could remove all the timegating and RNG aspects and to be honest I'd still either not come back or wait till 9.3 to get it.
    We did get Legion, one of the best expansions, after WoD. We now have the 8.2 PTR up and it's doing a lot to rectify a lot of the problems of BfA so far. From what I've seen, Blizzard understands they screwed the pooch with BfA and are actively working to correct it. Flying the big names in the community out earned a bit of goodwill as well. To me, that says they're genuinely invested in making the game better and that 9.0 is something to look forward to and not assume it's going to be a heap of trash. Of course, that's just how I see it. There is plenty of things to be frustrated about for sure though.

I'll be excited to see whatever the next WoW expansion is.

I think people really need to curb their enthusiasm for Diablo. I doubt we will see anything D4 related. Maybe at very best some concept art. If they're smart they will scramble and make a D2 Remastered in the interim.

The only other thing to be excited about is whatever new franchise they've been hinting at for years gets announced.

Dont really care it will most likely be following the others and be worse than the previous year.

I've been to 5 Blizzcons. Did not go last two years due to declining interest in WoW.

This year I will try to get tickets again. If I do, I'll go, but not going to sweat over it.

hype?

DO YOU NOT HAVE PHONES?!?!?!