Poll: Your Hype Level for Blizzcon 2019

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Think it's like £150 for a proper ticket. So it's a fair deal especially for what you get. Concerts, tournaments, cosplay and imo devs that actually care about the product and want to interact/have fun with the fans. Was at EU fanfest this year and the game director literally came and played the "fanfest challenge" trial with people.

And yeah the streams are free now and instead they made the items an optional purchase on Mogstation to cover them being free. Of course they only started doing it with this trilogy of fanfests but the future streams will be free.
    But you think blizzard will ever stream the whole thing free? Nah, they could even sell the goodies like FF does, but they won't.

I have given it a 4. because. this year will make it or break it for many franchies.

We will see the new wow expation (probaly)
    we will Get to see What have they worked on when it comes to Diablo Not mobile based.
    I always like the new charcters for overwatch and the cinematic.

But yea. interesting to see what kind of stupid broken cash grabs Acitivion have made, and what they will do with the diablo franchine, And who knows if starcraft 2 will be abonded or what will they do with that

Hype is pretty meh at this point.
    What I expect:
    1. New WoW expansion announcement, 8.3 PTR next week.
    2. Hearthstone expansion.
    3. New OW hero and map.
    4. WC3 Reforged release date.
    5. Classic release date. (my bad, it will already be out)

What I hope:
    1. New Diablo game for pc/console.
    2. New IP, beta soon(tm).
    Last edited by Gungsunk; 2019-04-25 at 09:48 PM.

No hype at all, but them and everyone else know that they're bleeding out of suscriptions and players, so I'm definitely interested to see if they'll show something good or not.

Quote Originally Posted by nTn View Post
    What I expect:
    3. New OW hero and map.
    5. Classic release date.

What I hope:
    There's no way we don't get 8.3 ptr before Blizzcon. Will there be deep dives? Yes, but with the next raid likely being out in July, that puts 2 months after that in September. Raid tiers on average last 6 months. If they wanted their typical 3-4 months of PTR testing the latest the PTR can be up is Early October.

Also, Classic will be released in the "summer." The safe bet is just before September 20th so not to conflict with 8.2's content.

5. Classic release date.
    Both of those will be out by Blizzcon.

I'll be curious to see how well they learn from the colossal fuckups in BfA, if at all.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    Both of those will be out by Blizzcon.

I'll be curious to see how well they learn from the colossal fuckups in BfA, if at all.
    No guarantee that Reforged will be, it's still listed as by the end of the year. Classic yes though, that should be out end of aug or early sept.

What I expect:
    3. New OW hero and map.
    5. Classic release date.

What I hope:
    Classic will be out this summer, no?

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Classic will be out this summer, no?
    Yea, they said "next summer" or winter if you're in the southern hem.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleEverett View Post
    There's no way we don't get 8.3 ptr before Blizzcon. Will there be deep dives? Yes, but with the next raid likely being out in July, that puts 2 months after that in September. Raid tiers on average last 6 months. If they wanted their typical 3-4 months of PTR testing the latest the PTR can be up is Early October.
    True, but I don't expect a lot of system changes for 8.3 which I think will probably reduce their needed PTR time.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleEverett View Post
    Also, Classic will be released in the "summer." The safe bet is just before September 20th so not to conflict with 8.2's content.
    Yeah this is true, guess I forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Yea, they said "next summer" or winter if you're in the southern hem.
    What? The Classic Alpha/beta is soon out or atleast alpa is out already. Its coming this summer.

Are you going out of your way looking at things negative?

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    What? The Classic Alpha/beta is soon out or atleast alpa is out already. Its coming this summer.

Are you going out of your way looking at things negative?
    You do know that summer = winter in the southern hem. right? It was a joke about the Australians jokingly being mad that they said summer when it is winter there.

You do know that summer = winter in the southern hem. right? It was a joke about the Australians jokingly being mad that they said summer when it is winter there.
    Oh I missed that then, sorry for that

15+ Year Old Account
    seems every other year is the good year to be hype since it will be the ones that have a new expansion announcement.

7+ Year Old Account
    5. Classic release date.
    Release date?

Honey, both of these are coming this summer.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Release date?

Honey, both of these are coming this summer.
    There is no indication that Reforged will be any time this summer, actually it would be best for them to release it Nov/Dec

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadrienne View Post
    Personally, although I am actually a pathetically loyal customer (I have multiple active WoW accounts and roughly 10 bazillion alts, and I stay subbed continuously rather than playing for a month or 2 and then disappearing for a year), I do not get the attraction of Blizzcon. You're basically paying a metric shipload of money (including travel, hotel, etc.) to experience a two day sales pitch for Blizzard products. The attraction of cons, yes -- there's a small local/regional sf con I've been going to almost every year since 1983 -- but these big commercial ones? I just don't get it.
    I used to attend every year when I lived in SoCal, and was much more invested in the game, and it was a lot of fun. You can meet up with guildmates, and seeing stuff like the costume contest in person is fun. Being part of that is exciting, especially if it's an announcement you are really excited about. But I live on the East coast now, and my relationship with Blizzard is a lot different, so no way I'd do it anymore. Also the lines are baaaaaad, haha.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

7+ Year Old Account
    There is no indication that Reforged will be any time this summer, actually it would be best for them to release it Nov/Dec
    Ye, i just rewatched the announcement vid.

I thought it said Summer - 2019 at the end but it just said 2019.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Ye, i just rewatched the announcement vid.

I thought it said Summer - 2019 at the end but it just said 2019.
    Figure the releases will look kind of like 8.2 in june/july, Classic in Aug/sept Reforged in Nov./dec. They don't want to step on any toes since WoW and reforged have similar fanbases.

Though with 8.3 they may be shooting for reforged Oct/Nov and 8.3 Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Oddly enough, I'd prefer additions to the game I actually like. In this case it'd be basically literally any other possible race, AND class. Personally I want Bards, who'd be mail-wearing and primarily ranged. I'm against Allied Races as a concept entirely; they should be Barbershop options. So I answered the OP of this thread with opinion since that is how this works. If you are level 5 psyched for Steampunk and Gnomes then bully for you, I guess.

Unless its something totally different, but we just don't know yet. If information changes or emerges my opinion might change. Again, weird, I know.
    Yeah, same for me -- when the first selling point of an expansion is something I don't care about at all, I knew BFA was probably not for me.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge