Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Not really sure what there is to even discuss. This is the normal status quo in that part of the world... Obviously the scope is more extreme so it rises to the surface, but women and religious minorities are below second class citizens there. There are a wide variety of reasons behind it, but considering the people with the resources to do it leave for more tolerant waters it's not a problem that's going to fix itself internally anytime soon.

Also, I would say that guy is more of a neck beard than an incel. Neckbeards are essentially bipolar idealists (though their ideal is batshit crazy), incels are nihilists. Either way he's doing it just to provoke a response so I'm really not sure why people are taking him seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorlen View Post
    I am to believe from your statement that a man could legally kill his wife if she cheated on him in Italy and Brazil up until 1990, no charge. Is it possible that you meant that the charge given and/or the punishment reflected that there was a infidelity involved?
    I'm not sure about the exact legality in Italy. I know that "defense of honor" was an accepted legal defense for killing one's wife/significant other in Brazil up until the early 90s. Yes, the rationale was usually infidelity.

Quote Originally Posted by Heran View Post
    Culture and religion are so intertwined that you cannot possibly separate them easily, both influence the other.
    I mean sure, in a sense when people refer to their religion they're really talking about their culture.

Like how some American Christian Conservatives say "Christianity" but mean "my bigoted backwards culture".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RussianGoblin View Post
    shithole country full of backward low iq people with corrupt government.
    Are you actually Russian?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by JacobusRex View Post
    While my heart goes out to the girl and her family, I have to say that regardless of race, nationality, creed or cause, if a man wants to court you, don't take it as an offense... and certainly if it's a stare of affection or a gesture of interest made, don't go running to the manager crying that you've been harassed... Then you're just a cunt and deserve to get harassed. Be an adult. Use your words. Seek help if it's abusive, not just unwanted...
    Please seek help, and kindly stay away from women in the interim.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

While my heart goes out to the girl and her family, I have to say that regardless of race, nationality, creed or cause, if a man wants to court you, don't take it as an offense... and certainly if it's a stare of affection or a gesture of interest made, don't go running to the manager crying that you've been harassed... Then you're just a cunt and deserve to get harassed. Be an adult. Use your words. Seek help if it's abusive, not just unwanted...
    What the fuck is wrong with you?

You need to check yourself into a psych-ward.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Italy was one
    Wrong. It wasn't legal to kill your wife.

Sentences were more lenient towards men who committed honour killings and that law was abolished in 1981.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2019-04-19 at 08:28 AM.
    "Just flow with the go..." - Rickson Gracie

Why do people try to deny the fact that these sorts of things are more common in countries under Sharia? I don't get how being willfully ignorant helps women's rights. India is like the lone outlier where this type of shit happens. 9/10 times this stuff happens in Islamic countries.

Quote Originally Posted by InTheEnd View Post
    Why do people try to deny the fact that these sorts of things are more common in countries under Sharia? I don't get how being willfully ignorant helps women's rights. India is like the lone outlier where this type of shit happens. 9/10 times this stuff happens in Islamic countries.
    Who's denying that?

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    LOL, as if we have any religious practices where I live anymore...

But no, I gave you examples and you ignored them.
    You live in Denmark. Huge parts of Nordic cultures stem from Christianity, it's intertwined even there.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    What the fuck is wrong with you?

You need to check yourself into a psych-ward.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong. It wasn't legal to kill your wife.

Sentences were more lenient towards men who committed honour killings and that law was abolished in 1981.
    Indeed. This had more to do with the concept of crime of passion.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_of_passion
    Last edited by Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang; 2019-04-19 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
    Indeed. This had more to do with the concept of crime of passion.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_of_passion
    Crimes of passion are usually committed by the people involved in them. Not by them and four or five more people.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Crimes of passion are usually committed by the people involved in them. Not by them and four or five more people.
    Yeah indeed that would be the difference between honour killings or the kind of savagery we regularly hear from the Indian subcontinent.
    But on ME countries, in addition to their cultural background, it should be noted that their modern legal frameworks were heavily influenced by the Napoleonic Code which put an honor component in its treatment of crimes of passion.

I am replying to your post to signal to other readers that I am, in fact, disgusted by what you have just posted here. I hope by the virtue of my actions, my standing among my peers on this website will not degrade, and possibly even be uplifted. I hope I got my post in fast enough so the maximum number of people will see my message, thus maximizing the potential social benefits this could bring forth.

I am also pointing out that you should seek help from professionals, because that's what a good citizen of the internet would tell someone who is clearly mentally abnormal. Others will definitely appreciate me trying to better society by forwarding unwanted individuals to correctional institutions.

Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    It's not because it's a Muslim country...It's because it's a backwards country where despite having internet and electricity, the Enlightenment hasn't made much of a headway even after 300 years.

There are plenty of Christian countries where the same thing happens. Hell, the same thing happens regularly in India.
    It happens in India for the same reason it happens in Bangladesh and Pakistan, they are all backwards thinking countries with a very high religious majority and they don't care about women's rights. If there was a part of the world that SJWs wanted to protest inequality, those 3 nations would be among the prime examples of a severe lack in women's rights.

Congrats to the 11 fools who made the ignore list, your ignorance knows no bounds, bravo!

Your sort is the reason I carry both mace and a knife in my purse, and would not hesitate to use both if you ever got near me. You and your sort need to get locked up and key thrown away, simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    prime examples of a severe lack in women's rights.
    Severe lack of rights in general.

Imagine if that happened here. People always wanna talk about how america is racist and how we are unfair to women. Well at least we dont kill or murder them for standing up for themselves.

I always find it far worse if it involved an entire group.

15 people? fucking cowards, hope they all hang for this and may her rest in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    As much as I dislike Christianity.. I'm going to take your aguwment down the logical path.. what country has mandatory Christian beliefs right now?

While Bangladesh has laws for freedom of religion, they are not used. Many cases can be referenced for the government looking the other way for radical Islamist organisations.
    Three brothers raped their 12 year old sister with their uncle and beheaded her. In India... a Hindu country with radical Hindus currently leading the government.

If you want to know about Christian issues. Go to Africa and the Caribbean.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by InTheEnd View Post
    They happen in poor Christian countries. The theme is poor country with poor structure in law. It doesn’t matter whether it is mostly Hindu or Christian.

There are Christian majority countries in Africa were the majority of women have been raped at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Three brothers raped their 12 year old sister with their uncle and beheaded her. In India... a Hindu country with radical Hindus currently leading the government.

If you want to know about Christian issues. Go to Africa and the Caribbean.

- - - Updated - - -

They happen in poor Christian countries. The theme is poor country with poor structure in law. It doesn’t matter whether it is mostly Hindu or Christian.

There are Christian majority countries in Africa were the majority of women have been raped at some point.
    Seems like your really,really reaching and rather then having a actual argument you are resorting to vague what ifs....