Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Question Tinkerers - Are they coming, if so how.

It certainly does appear that they are indeed coming. How will we get them? How gear type will they wield? Hero class or regular class? What races will have them?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Honestly, I hope not. But for my own selfish reasons. I really want a new class to get excited about and Tinkers just don’t do it for me.

Would settle for an overhaul of some existing classes however.

While I would love the Tinker class and have been following this subject. I dont think there has been any actual thing pointing that they are indeed happening. Only very fitting stuff like mechagon, mecha gnomes, ect. but that is just zone and storyline stuff. Nothing points exactly to actual new class for sure. Just very good setting.

If there is some new information, can you link it?

Regular class like Monk that starts at level 1, but maybe has a specific starting area for all races like the Pandaren experience.

Mail user.

Ranged DPS spec will use guns / crossbows. Uses guns, throws explosives, makes explosive devices and sets up some turrets.

Tank spec will use 2h mace (giant wrench). Mech related, maybe opens a suitcase like Ironman and it pops out like the goblin pop up barracks in WC3.

Medic will use typical caster stuff. Makes healing bots. Shoots liquid chemicals to heal / or damage.

Definitely Gnome and Goblin, and their parallel allied races Mechagnome and Vulpera.

Potentially Orc (Blackrock/Blackfuse iron star), Dwarf (Gyro-pilot), Undead (Plague Apothecary) and Draenei (Artificer).

What makes people think they are coming? Here's a short list off the top of my head:

• All of the followers in BFA are based on a class as shown by their icon, except Alliance and Horde both have a unique follower with a gear class icon...
    • All of the island expedition NPCs are based on existing classes, with their spells and abilities having multiple level requirements... including the tinker NPCs
    • Engineering helmets have their own completely unique Azerite traits. A bit extra work for one profession... unless you needed another set of Azerite traits ready for the new class for when they level through BFA...
    • Lots of new Tinker-related assets for both Goblin and Gnome from warfronts, quest areas and the dungeons Motherlode / Mechagon.
    • Both Mekka and Gally front and center in the lore with their own conflicts and unique mech styles. Also if you notice, they seem to be setting gnomes up to use ice/frozen magic and goblins using fire/explosive stuff. Tinkers could be identical mechanically on both factions but just be reflavored Fire and Ice based on faction.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2019-04-19 at 01:51 AM.

Nope not coming at all.

The eng thing isn’t a reason. They aren’t going to care about a class leveling through old content. I’m sure Azerite gear will get the artifact weapon treatment anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    While I would love the Tinker class and have been following this subject. I dont think there has been any actual thing pointing that they are indeed happening. Only very fitting stuff like mechagon, mecha gnomes, ect. but that is just zone and storyline stuff. Nothing points exactly to actual new class for sure. Just very good setting.

One of the big pointers was the fact that there is one Island Expedition enemy team for each faction that are all a Tinker style class. This goes against the fact that all the other teams have definite recognisable classes.

The introduction of Mechagnomes as an ally, the extent of mechanic enemies in this expac even before Mechagon.

Based on the number of threads I've seen, Tinker definitely is the obvious choice for their next class. Demon Hunters used to be #1, and DKs before that. Before MoP, monk threads were less common than tinker ones.

The class fantasy is obvious, and you can immediately think up tons of really cool, wacky ways to fill it. Like a ranged DPS that starts with an Omnigun and mods it like a Legion artifact, always using that same weapon but with tons of variety, getting Omnigun modules to upgrade it like Legion artifact relics.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2019-04-19 at 02:07 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    How will we get them? How gear type will they wield? Hero class or regular class? What races will have them?
    Once they come I bet they'll be regular classes like Monks, avaliable to lots of races like Gnomes, Mag'har Orcs, Dark Iron Dwarves, Goblins, Draenei and Undead (in short - those who've demonstrated great feats of Engineering and/or Alchemy).

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post

That's more content pointing towards Tinker than any content towards any other possible class. Not only that but the inclusion of island enemies like Gazlowe and the whole goblin squad who are basically all tinkers.

ATM tinkers are the only class which have some sustainability in the game lore. Other candidates like Dark Rangers or whatever don't seem to have any sustenance in current lore.

Im thinking a regular class, but starts at 20 like an Allied Race. Unless the level squish/zone squish happens.

The races I feel would be:
    Gnome
    Mecha-Gnome
    Goblin
    Junker Goblin
    Dwarf
    DI Dwarf
    Vulpera

im not sure about the other races.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

It's Dark Ranger. Mechagon is the "answer" to Tinker desire, they don't seem to have any plans to make it in the longterm while there's already setup for Dark Rangers on both factions happening as early as 8.1.

I really hope not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    It's Dark Ranger. Mechagon is the "answer" to Tinker desire, they don't seem to have any plans to make it in the longterm while there's already setup for Dark Rangers on both factions happening as early as 8.1.
    A zone doesn't answer the desire for a class.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    A zone doesn't answer the desire for a class.
    Hence the quotes around it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only people who have this info work for Blizzard.....you probably aren't going to get any answers here, you need to make some connections at Blizzard.

Armor : Mail
    Unique Weapons : Energy Rifles

Specs : Mech (Tank), Demolition (RDpS), Medic (Healing)
    Races : Goblins, Gnomes (minimum) - Could be open to more races depending how much unique models they use
    Level : Starts at lvl 1

10+ Year Old Account
    [Version A] The more expensive and RP-flavored version.

Armor: Mail

Races:
    A: Gnomes, IF Dwarves, DI Dwarves, LF Draenei.
    H: Goblins, Undead, Mag'har(Iron Horde style), Blood Elves(?)

Specs:

Mechanics (Tank)
    Each race will equip a racially themed mech suit (ala-druids).
    It doesn't have to be as huge as the ones in quests. It's size will be reasonably practical to not be annoying.
    Mostly melee attacks. With some electricity for CC. Some turbines to charge into battle maybe?
    Able to use 2h-Mace, 1H-Maces, Daggers, Shield.

Explosives (RDPS)
    Able to use Rifles, Crossbows, (maybe Bows too, for qol/practical reasons). No suit.
    Attacks will be about fire and explosions. Grenades, Mines, Rockets, Flamethrower, Turret, etc.
    They would be able to summon three pets, one for tanking, one for dps, one for utility. Each race will have different ones.
    There will of course be a talent to remove the pet for another bonus, for those who dislike pets.

Chemistry (Healing)
    Able to use all of the above weapons.
    Attacks would be about electricity and various other beams. No suit.
    They would be able to summon two pets, one for soloing, one for group-support. Each race will have different ones.
    To heal they would throw vials or something more techy, maybe even shoot syringes or azurite beams.
    Their instant heals would be applied by hovering mini-pets, but that's just the animation of the spell, not the real pet, see the scoundrel's heals in SWTOR.

Also, Tinkers would have a few quests that give some different, tinker-themed back-slot skins.
    Like utility backpacks, non-functional gadgets and such.

[Version B] The cheaper and more inclusive version with less RP flavor.

Armor: Mail
    Weapons: Maces, Ranged, Shields.
    Races: All

Specs:

Peacekeeping (Tank) - A Gnome/Ironforge themed mech suit. Electricity and physical tech.

Annihilation (RDPS) - A Goblin/DarkIron themed mech suit. Flamethrower, rockets, etc.

Triage (Healing) - A Lightforged themed mech suit. Uses azurite tech to heal with beams.

All specs get access to all bot pets.
    One for solo tanking. One for dps. One for group support/auras.

No racial/lore flavor visuals. I assume the devs wouldn't take the time, if it was for ALL races.
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2019-04-19 at 03:07 AM.

Honestly, if we do get Tinkers (or any new class) I hope they're not another Paladin/Monk Jack of all trades class.

While not always the case, Blizzard does seem to balance Hybrids around one (maybe two) roles while keeping the remainder barely viable. This makes sense tbh, because (for example) you don't want raids to require 3 Monks because they're the best Tank & Healer & DPS. There's room for one of every class in a Mythic Raid, but certainly not one of each spec and as such, Blizzard seems to ensure that each class has atleast one desirable spec.

Imagine if you've been holding out to be a Bomb throwing tinker for years only to find the DPS spec is garbage as they're OP Tanks/Healers.

Just my 2c, but would prefer the new class have 2 DPS specs and 1 Heal spec. We don't need another Tank.

How out they fix current classes instead of rushing out new ones
    Insert cringe politically charged signature here