Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackeyser View Post
    Broaden my scope to big Pharma? Already there! Done, my friend!

I was specifically trying to keep my scope narrow so as not to muddy the waters in this discussion.

But yeah... I've got stories upon stories...
    My main point is that there are so many disorders that we arent and weren't testing for. Especially in the US where it is considered an additional cost.

I think that when we prick a babies foot we should and can be testing for a lot more than we do.

I feel for you dude as meaningless as it is. She was born a couple of years after me and my life was only saved by what at the time was a miracle cure.

Sigh... it was a multi-stage process.

1) Got the flu vaccine.

2) Got the flu (this happened 3 times in a row). If I had a dollar for each time a Dr told me, "this shouldn't be happening", I wouldn't be able to pay off my house, but I might be able to take a nice vacation. That's not an exaggeration.

3) Compromised immune system and flu allowed pneumococcal bacteria to flourish.

4) Got pneumonia.

It's the same way a cold...which is a virus... can lead to pneumonia.

Colds don't give you pneumonia, but they lead to it.

Hope that clears it up.
    Good. You're the 1 in a million. Now shut up before you convince any of the 999,999 that they might be you and end up hurting someone else. Every healthy child who could be immunized but is not is one child who legitimately can't be immunized who gets sick.

And I'm sure asking your doctor for something to help bolster your immune system never crossed your mind.

If a person takes a vaccine and gets sick, THEN they can talk. But coming on here and sharing horror stories to try to convince others not to take vaccines should be criminal.
    Last edited by cparle87; 2019-04-25 at 07:33 PM.

Well, see... do you see a LOT of doctors? I do.

They REALLY push the flu vaccine. Like REALLY. They have my records right there on the computer....

By the way, I agree with you and after the third time... I just started refusing. After pointing out the results... my hospital stays are also in my records... the docs stopped giving me shit about refusing the shot.

But I've had private practice AND VA doctors really put on the full court press... even as recently as the last two years...

As for a more "likely scenario" I'm pretty sure if there was an easier answer, they'd have found it. LA County has a pretty extensive unit that investigates these things and they run very expensive tests and then run the results by some amazing people.

Also, considering how strong the reaction was, it's unlikely it's anything simple as you're suggesting. Also, you're presuming without her medical record or any forensic results to know more than a team of forensic pathologists and other experts.

That's pretty presumptuous.

- - - Updated - - -

Random correlation?
    Hey so long as you dont go out when you're getting sick then it ismt a bad thing.

Honestly people give people from Asian countries shit for wearing masks when they are doing a lot more to prevent the spread of disease than in the west. If you feel a bit under the weather and are sneazing and coughing. Wear a mask.

- - - Updated - - -

Gotta thank this thread for reminding me to get my flu shot

99% of the time I think the government should not make choices for people. Vaccines are one of the few things I think you should not have a choice. Your kid gets vaccinated or you get the fuck out of the country, pretty simple.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Good. You're the 1 in a million. Now shut up before you convince any of the 999,999 that they might be you and end up hurting someone else. Every healthy child who could be immunized but is not is one child who legitimately can't be immunized who gets sick.

And I'm sure asking your doctor for something to help bolster your immune system never crossed your mind.

If a person takes a vaccine and gets sick, THEN they can talk. But coming on here and sharing horror stories to try to convince others not to take vaccines should be criminal.
    Easy, slick. I’ve got Crohn’s and there weren’t any meds when I was diagnosed. I already do things to bolster my immune system. You don’t gain any credibility or authority by inferring people you disagree with are stupid. That’s just intellectually lazy.

Also, you show that you didn’t read what I wrote and only skimmed in order to put out a self-serving response.

I said that I wasn’t anti-vax, resumed vaccinating my kids after a bit and was only responding because it’s not a binary situation and even in supporting vaccination, there are legit concerns that the vaccine industry needs to address as well as there needs to be more and more rigorous testing and it all needs to be independently done.

Hope that clears it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    99% of the time I think the government should not make choices for people. Vaccines are one of the few things I think you should not have a choice. Your kid gets vaccinated or you get the fuck out of the country, pretty simple.

It’s not that simple. Not every vaccine has the track record of polio or MMR. And with the complete lack of independent testing, you’re saying everyone has to put untested chemicals in their bodies or leave.

Well, plenty of vets deployed to Iraq an$ Afghanistan were forced when deployed to take unspecified vaccines and prophylactic meds with little recourse and due to complete lack of independent testing, vets have no idea the pathology of their illnesses.

Should that be the case? In a perfect world, but I find it discomfiting that when it comes to vaccines, there is no room for critique or even to question if they work.

When I was a kid, no one had ever heard of an adult booster for the MMR or chickenpox or other baseline vaccines. Why are they recommended now? Is it due to reformulation? Environment? Pollution? Something else or a combo of things?

Let me be clear. People should be vaccinated AND we should be rigorously holding that system accountable.

They are not mutually exclusive ideas. Rather, the benefits of herd immunity actually rely on the broad efficaciousness of vaccines.

Let’s just say that if vaccines were held to the same standards as Tylenol, we probably wouldn’t be having this convo.