Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    The Unstoppable Force
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    22,913
    Here's the thing about Teldrassil: Blizzard doesn't fucking care. It was 100% used just to start a war between humans and the Horde. Blizzard only cares about humans on Alliance side, they couldn't give less of a shit about night elves.

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Here's the thing about Teldrassil: Blizzard doesn't fucking care. It was 100% used just to start a war between humans and the Horde. Blizzard only cares about humans on Alliance side, they couldn't give less of a shit about night elves.
    We got Darkshore, Nightwarrior and Jaina says that Night Elfs will get their revenge in 8.2. Also Shandris finally has a voice actor. So there is hope.

  3. #143
    Why the have never hired professional, and award winning, scriptwriters is beyond me. They have hundreds of millions to spend on crazy orc statues and azeroth choppers, but not enough to pay someone who can write dialogue that doesn't make you cringe, and wish you weren't human so you couldn't unwillingly empathize with their shame?

  4. #144
    Elemental Lord HighlordJohnstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    I live at a location, somewhere, ya know? :D
    Posts
    8,306
    I'm gonna play Sargeras' advocate and say this...

    Teldrassil wasn't a casualty, and Sylvanas did more damage to the Horde this expansion than to the Alliance. Hell, Gul'dan did worse. He tore a dimensional rift between our World, and Argus during the Nighthold. Ow...

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    We got Darkshore, Nightwarrior and Jaina says that Night Elfs will get their revenge in 8.2. Also Shandris finally has a voice actor. So there is hope.
    Wouldn't you agree that the events of Tyrande's Ascension and the entire prelude of the Warfront are more important than Saurfang putting off his pauldrons or Saurfang having a chat about NOTHING with Anduin? Yet, the former only got rushed out in-game events+cinematics...the latter got full blown prerendered videos.

    I think it is fairly easy to tell what Blizzard cares about and what not.

    Teldrassil is the most important event of this "faction war". It is the ONE event that stands out. And all that came from it were two books that are hardly connected with the game (out right different in some details of the narrative!), a time-limited one-time questline that was worse than any of the Cata-Revamped level-quests, a Tyrande-Questline that ended with Tyrande's grand revenge against.....a nobody Valkyr who's name NOBODY even remembers, a warfront that is so incredibly boring to play that even Island-Expeditions are great compared to it (without ANY new assets, by the way...all reused shit. Unlike Stromgarde) and finally: The great result status, which is that Tyrande is one of the most powerful individuals on Azeroth (which she arguably was before already) and does exactly NOTHING, is nowhere to be found and will most certainly not even APPEAR in the entire Azshara patch once.

    Well done, Blizzard. Well done.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-05-03 at 01:43 AM.

  6. #146
    Still hoping we get widespread peace and focus more on specific conflicts between smaller groups that aren't so hamfisted. Night elves going back to being #savage and vengeful after Anduin brokers a treaty would be a great start. Despite Genn softening up lately, it would also probably cause tension between him and Anduin which would also be welcome.

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Wouldn't you agree that the events of Tyrande's Ascension and the entire prelude of the Warfront are more important than Saurfang putting off his pauldrons or Saurfang having a chat about NOTHING with Anduin? Yet, the former only got rushed out in-game events+cinematics...the latter got full blown prerendered videos.

    I think it is fairly easy to tell what Blizzard cares about and what not.

    Teldrassil is the most important event of this "faction war". It is the ONE event that stands out. And all that came from it were two books that are hardly connected with the game (out right different in some details of the narrative!), a time-limited one-time questline that was worse than any of the Cata-Revamped level-quests, a Tyrande-Questline that ended with Tyrande's grand revenge against.....a nobody Valkyr who's name NOBODY even remembers, a warfront that is so incredibly boring to play that even Island-Expeditions are great compared to it (without ANY new assets, by the way...all reused shit. Unlike Stromgarde) and finally: The great result status, which is that Tyrande is one of the most powerful individuals on Azeroth (which she arguably was before already) and does exactly NOTHING, is nowhere to be found and will most certainly not even APPEAR in the entire Azshara patch once.

    Well done, Blizzard. Well done.
    This is what I find frustrating about the wow universe I guess. Alliance leaders should be able to mop the floor with the horde considering they have fucking 10 000 year old demigods and a ludicrously powerful archmage.

    Horde have warriors and hunters, a shaman (who lost his powers) and a banshee.

    But obviously that'd disappoint half the playerbase, understandably.

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by Grythletubs View Post
    This is what I find frustrating about the wow universe I guess. Alliance leaders should be able to mop the floor with the horde considering they have fucking 10 000 year old demigods and a ludicrously powerful archmage.

    Horde have warriors and hunters, a shaman (who lost his powers) and a banshee.

    But obviously that'd disappoint half the playerbase, understandably.
    Horde also has the writing team and devs. Besides, you mean you don't like the GENIUS level plot device of all the Alliance's most powerful allies and weapons taking a cruise in the Vindicaar, along with the remaining characters' brains?


    Teldrassil is going to be another addition to the list of atrocities going back to WC1 that we're told to just forget, because fighting the Horde is bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I'll buy an Anduin shirt if Delaryn doesn't end up betraying Sylvanas by the end of the expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

  9. #149
    To make things worse the raising of nightelves that willingly follow Sylvannas. Not to mention hearing that in a horde warcampaign. You see new dark wardens and nightelf dark rangers training grounds. After darkshore, I grown to hate Steve Danuser, really hoping for activision to get rid of him. After him and Terron Gregory ignored answering questions during the podcast. It's a clear sign that he doesn't plan on explaining things to players. On how and why things are being over looked in order to push his own narrative idea. Wow has lost quite a few subs and can only hope it loses more in order to start another round of layoffs. The story is already getting worse with pushing to put aside faction pride to team up again against another threat. That has been used to many times already. Then we were told that the zuldazar raid was suppose to be payback for teldrassil. Yet you don't see any nightelves supporting it, but instead Tyrande asked Anduin to aid her and the nightelves with darkshore. Wow needs a new narrative team lead and staff.

  10. #150
    Scarab Lord Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    4,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Grythletubs View Post
    This is what I find frustrating about the wow universe I guess. Alliance leaders should be able to mop the floor with the horde considering they have fucking 10 000 year old demigods and a ludicrously powerful archmage.

    Horde have warriors and hunters, a shaman (who lost his powers) and a banshee.

    But obviously that'd disappoint half the playerbase, understandably.
    It's just that writers put themselves between a rock and a hard place when they gave so many a priori advantages to one side. Alliance army is more numerous, more disciplined and better equipped. It has a unified command, political stability, ludicrously powerful racial leaders (to the level of Kerrigan in SC2 single player campaign) and a freaking huge ass BATTLESHIP.

    So, if Alliance used effectively all these advantages, the !@#$ing faction war would have ended essentially before it began: just have the Vindicaar nuke the living crap out of Horde capitals, and call it a day. But then Blizz wouldn't have been able to sell an OmG wERe GoiNg bAcK 2 WARcrAfT roOTz BoIz xpac, would they?
    "The heart of the Horde" = Alliance-approved Horde

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    It's just that writers put themselves between a rock and a hard place when they gave so many a priori advantages to one side. Alliance army is more numerous, more disciplined and better equipped. It has a unified command, political stability, ludicrously powerful racial leaders (to the level of Kerrigan in SC2 single player campaign) and a freaking huge ass BATTLESHIP
    I feel like the Maghar Orcs and Highmountain Tauren weren't really all that much of powerhouse additions to the Horde, but everything the Alliance has added are by comparison

  12. #152
    Mechagnome TheImperios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Saint-Petersburg, Russian Federation
    Posts
    748
    This is the price you pay for being the good faction. You do not get a change in leadership every year, but you also never get any comeuppance because vengeance is evil.

    I personally would prefer the Alliance to start murdering Horde children and committing genocide, so that as a Horde player I would have a good reason to fight the Alliance, but we can't always get what we want, can we?
    Last edited by TheImperios; 2019-05-03 at 06:48 AM.
    The shadowy Daughter of Urthona stood before red Orc,
    When fourteen suns had faintly journey'd o'er his dark abode:
    His food she brought in iron baskets, his drink in cups of iron:
    Crown'd with a helmet and dark hair the nameless female stood;

  13. #153
    This entire thing reeks of "We cancelled and are wrapping up W̶o̶D̶ BfA early to focus on the next expansion... which will be awesome and rich in content because that's literally what happened with legion.

    RIP "Shattrath raid".

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by Grythletubs View Post
    This is what I find frustrating about the wow universe I guess. Alliance leaders should be able to mop the floor with the horde considering they have fucking 10 000 year old demigods and a ludicrously powerful archmage.

    Horde have warriors and hunters, a shaman (who lost his powers) and a banshee.
    The only Alliance powerhouse is Malfurion and even he is not immune to getting sliced with a flying axe thrown from behind. Jaina at her full power couldn't even overcome the innate Blood Elven magic resistance of a random Archmage. If that's ludicrously powerful to you, then I don't know what to say.


    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    It's just that writers put themselves between a rock and a hard place when they gave so many a priori advantages to one side. Alliance army is more numerous, more disciplined and better equipped. It has a unified command, political stability, ludicrously powerful racial leaders (to the level of Kerrigan in SC2 single player campaign) and a freaking huge ass BATTLESHIP.
    It has literally never been said that the Alliance had a numerical advantage over the Horde. What has been said was that the Orcs of internment camps alone were enough to defeat an Alliance consisting, at the time, of Lordaeron (i.e. Alliance's strongest member state in its history), Stormwind, Dalaran, Ironforge, Kul Tiras and Gnomeregan. And the population of internment camps isn't even all of the Orcs that made the New Horde at its inception, let alone the Orcs that joined since then. What has also been consistently shown is that Alliance can ever only defeat the Horde when the Horde implodes in civil strife. And the only Alliance leader that doesn't get roflstomped by Sylvanas by default is Malfurion. And none of the racial leaders on either side really come close to Kerrigan anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Slant is an extremist, willing to sacrifice the lives of everyone to keep his wet dream of the EU alive.
    You shouldn't support people like him, it's like supporting ISIS.

  15. #155
    Bloodsail Admiral Leodric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    1,002
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    I feel like the Maghar Orcs and Highmountain Tauren weren't really all that much of powerhouse additions to the Horde, but everything the Alliance has added are by comparison
    Especially if you consider the Highmountain Tauren getting blasted by the burning legion and the Maghar Orcs having their own troubles in outlands.
    Alliance was always stronger than the Horde, especially now, but the plot has to keep going somehow.

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    The only Alliance powerhouse is Malfurion and even he is not immune to getting sliced with a flying axe thrown from behind. Jaina at her full power couldn't even overcome the innate Blood Elven magic resistance of a random Archmage. If that's ludicrously powerful to you, then I don't know what to say.




    It has literally never been said that the Alliance had a numerical advantage over the Horde. What has been said was that the Orcs of internment camps alone were enough to defeat an Alliance consisting, at the time, of Lordaeron (i.e. Alliance's strongest member state in its history), Stormwind, Dalaran, Ironforge, Kul Tiras and Gnomeregan. And the population of internment camps isn't even all of the Orcs that made the New Horde at its inception, let alone the Orcs that joined since then. What has also been consistently shown is that Alliance can ever only defeat the Horde when the Horde implodes in civil strife. And the only Alliance leader that doesn't get roflstomped by Sylvanas by default is Malfurion. And none of the racial leaders on either side really come close to Kerrigan anyway.
    This proves Horde bias, right?

  17. #157
    Scarab Lord Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    4,156
    Quote Originally Posted by ausoin View Post
    This proves Horde bias, right?
    If anything, it would prove the opposite, i.e. that Alliance has managed to beat a much stronger enemy three times in a row because of sheer #HumanPotential, and little else.
    "The heart of the Horde" = Alliance-approved Horde

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    If anything, it would prove the opposite, i.e. that Alliance has managed to beat a much stronger enemy three times in a row because of sheer #HumanPotential, and little else.
    But the fact they made one player faction so much stronger its proof of bias?

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by ausoin View Post
    But the fact they made one player faction so much stronger its proof of bias?
    I mean basically. It's basically done with the view on how to tell the Horde Story. We need the statement that the Alliance is somehow oppressive and more powerful, so that Horde Players feel powerful and cool when they still defeat the Alliance at every opportunity. It makes them feel like the cool underdogs who beat the evil system. I mean, basically all Blizzard needed to do to make the Horde story maximum profitable would be to give the Horde player a harem of very attractive female characters (there are no women playing Horde), whose personality is all about obsessing how cool and awesome the player character is.

    We also need to artificially blow up the minor things the Alliance did to make them look equal to the horrible acts of violence, insanity and evil the Horde commits on a regular basis. I mean, the whole arguments about all the stuff the Alliance supposedly done. I mean, yeah, no real life politics here, but come on, the game Blizzard paints to make both factions seem equal in terms of the deeds they commited is basically the same line of thought people use when they spread lies about the Dresden bombings in WW2 to make the allies somehow as bad as the axis.

    And, basically no. Alliance and Horde are not better, even the most evil member of the Alliance is a morally superior being than the most noble member of the Horde because at least he doesn't stands for a cause that promotes genocide as an appropriate answer to paranoia and hurt feelings.
    Last edited by Shiza; 2019-05-03 at 03:57 PM.

  20. #160
    Scarab Lord Maxrokur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Zuldazar
    Posts
    4,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellamas View Post
    Why the have never hired professional, and award winning, scriptwriters is beyond me. They have hundreds of millions to spend on crazy orc statues and azeroth choppers, but not enough to pay someone who can write dialogue that doesn't make you cringe, and wish you weren't human so you couldn't unwillingly empathize with their shame?
    Probably those writers likes to take their time, also Metzen was very jealous of his own work aka only him was allowed to make the shots and only after cataclysm backlash was he forced to take a backseat
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •